Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @405.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Webring for Autistic Webmasters + Webring Masterlist!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Webring for Autistic Webmasters + Webring Masterlist!  (Read 1145 times)
Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 09, 2023 @770.41 »

It's not new by a long shot, of course, but I thought I should share my webring: Autists Online! It's a webring for autistic webmasters, and aims to celebrate autistic identity and community within the indie web~! It's my first and currently only webring, so, if you're interested, check it out, and maybe apply?

Now, as for the "webring masterlist" part of the subject, I'd like to share a resource I've created! rentry.co/webring is a little something I've put together. It aims to put together a masterlist of all Neocities-hosted webrings! It's listed in alphabetical order, and includes links to each webring and a description for their target audience. It currently includes links to over 30 different webrings for you to check out at your leisure!

Of course, if I've missed any webrings, let me know so they can be added! :4u:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023 @778.28 by Bede » Logged

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023 @901.91 »

Thank you so much for this webring. The internet is such a vast space. After all this time exploring it, I came to one conclusion that makes this place worth fighting for. While the real world struggles to accomodate identities, and provide them with the space they deserve, we can make our own space virtually - Decorate spaces that these people can feel save in! As a neurodivergent person I always struggled to voice my experiences, but the internet gave me the tools to identify. The many instances where my autistic friends did not feel like the belonged were heartbreaking. I can't wait to see your webring grow. And thank you for the awesome list! It actually made me apply to a webring that feels right to what I do.
:transport:

xx <3
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023 @963.07 »

A nice list @Bede

You might want to check the links, some are going to 404 pages and others are going to the wrong site. These things are never easy to keep updated, there's all sorts of reasons webrings and pages to stop working, but keep at it - these things are always useful.

My own web list is off-line at the moment but the spreadsheet I keep for it can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEYsZdPV_MbAL_WKTNb8n75jmh-ThaFJR8krzzZk83s/

Feel free to take whatever you want from that for your own list.

xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023 @992.21 »

kind of you to share your spreadsheet, @brisray ! i've included an archived version of your list on the 32-bit cafe's massive resource list. when's your site coming back up? did the server get knocked out from the storm?

thanks for making this and sharing it with us, @Bede ! please feel free to add my safonts webring here: https://xandra.cc/safonts :)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023 @998.18 »

I love this idea so much, I might have to join when I get home from vacation!!!

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2023 @4.61 »

AH
A nice list @Bede

You might want to check the links, some are going to 404 pages and others are going to the wrong site. These things are never easy to keep updated, there's all sorts of reasons webrings and pages to stop working, but keep at it - these things are always useful.

My own web list is off-line at the moment but the spreadsheet I keep for it can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dEYsZdPV_MbAL_WKTNb8n75jmh-ThaFJR8krzzZk83s/

Feel free to take whatever you want from that for your own list.

AH HECK! Yeah, I check for 404s every month or so. Ty for letting me know, and thanks for this AWESOME SPREADSHEET WHAT!

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023 @6.96 »

Omg we can @ people for our responses? @xandra I've just been using the quote feature this whole time orz I'm silly. But yes I'll add it asap! <3

xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2023 @16.24 »

thank you so much, @Bede ! sending lots of good vibes that your webring will grow!!!  :transport:
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2023 @714.07 »

I could chew nails at the moment. What happened was that the storm blew down a couple of trees which took out the power and phone lines to the entire area. Power was out for 3 days but when the router and modem powered up they went into stealth mode.

What that means is that all the ports are protected and not responding. My ISP does not normally block server ports - https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/blocked-ports/ - but everything is now in "stealth" mode which means the computers cannot respond to requests.

It is common for ISPs to say in their TOS you are not allowed to run any type of server on their services but I've always found their support to be very helpful. Just from the traffic and port forwarding on the router they must know there's servers being run and obviously will not offer any type of support for them. I talked to one of their engineers and it seems I'm not the only one experiencing problems. They're sending someone out to look at the devices in a day or so and I should be back online once they've done whatever needs doing or replaced them.

* power-out-june-2023-175531-32-web800.jpg (198.6 kB, 800x533 - viewed 25 times.)

* shields-up-result.jpg (343.24 kB, 688x756 - viewed 21 times.)
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2023 @753.28 »

Yeehaw! - At last the site is back up - https://brisray.com/web/webring-list.htm

* brisray-up.jpg (503.88 kB, 1157x638 - viewed 23 times.)
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2023 @812.25 »

YAAY @brisray! glad to know you're back up & running! that damage from the storm looked gnarly.
brisray
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2023 @839.88 »

It certainly was. It seems the router had a bit of a wobbler after it got zapped and couldn't reboot properly. A Spectrum engineer came out this morning and replaced it.

I don't like the new one much so far. The admin pages are only accessible through a phone app and it's not so configurable as the old one. After a bit of faffing around after he'd gone it's now doing what I want it to do.
serenefork
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a Beanie Buddy!

StatusCafe: serenefork
iMood: serenefork

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2023 @190.06 »

Thank you for these! I love looking through webrings so much having a masterlist to search through is so nice!  :4u:

(he/they)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26539
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3752
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi