Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @475.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 78/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  web projects wishlist

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: web projects wishlist  (Read 1371 times)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023 @802.43 »

I want to make a social media platform that's actually like... good for artists/creative folks, doesn't invade privacy, and doesn't have ads. Like a place that non-creative folks will actually use, and that creative folks will actually find useful to promote their work and help them make a living since being an artist/creative online nowadays tends to be really hard and soul-crushing.
I don't know if I'll ever be able to make it a reality, but I definitely really want to.
larvapuppy
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2023 @881.64 »

a site that offers images whose src attribute urls are updated from low-rate feeds of slow processes, like plants or mushrooms growing or planets moving, so that people who use those images can, for instance, see the plants grow in semi-real time on their own pages, without needing to have any actual script or video feed!

I once did this with adoptable graphics- people would get an "egg" and it would slowly hatch into a surprise creature. Would love to do it again or see someone else do it.

the end of an era, one starts anew
Kallistero
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SOON.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2023 @542.09 »

i had an idea for a site blog that can be updated from anywhere without having to manually make new blog posts. it might be a little out of my current skill level but i think i have an idea of how i can make it

:ozwomp:  I've actually been thinking about this one. A single-page blogging script that dynamically loads (as in, whenever the user selects them instead of all at once) blog posts from a set of plain txt files that you can mark up with HTML or a sort of BBCode parser, writing and editing the posts at your leisure. I believe mobile apps save text files in their notes features (either by default or through "save as .txt" features), and Neocities allows txt file uploads for free users. The basic thing it can deal with is having to do manual HTML tagging for your posts, but there's really more you can do with it.

There could be a directory.txt or config.txt that would allow you to structure the blog however you want, with editable tags, editable post dates (with posts only being visible on the page on or after said dates), file structure options so you can have the posts named & organized in whatever file & folder structure you want, and maybe custom-post specifications so you can have a post set apart that serves as your About page or one that's a copyright notice or one that's a rickroll or whatever you want! This'll be kind of a project though, could take a bit of time to do. It's totally doable, though!  :eyes: 

UPDATE: I've begun working on it!  :cheerR:   You can see the current progress on my About page. Just click "Test Blogpost" to see what's coming out of the text file. The main "About" contents are also coming out of a blog-post text file, so you can hot-swap between them and see what's up with both. I have a sort of BBcode parser built in, but the only tag it has right now is [‌html][/html], which lets the blogpost .txt file switch between using just-plain text and full HTML, which can make it super powerful for custom blogging.

It's technically already usable on the go, but I'm still writing the script to make it generate a control panel, since I wrote those two blogpost-switching buttons manually.  :pc:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023 @911.38 by Kallistero » Logged

No pomegranates. If anyone messages me, and I found out they're a pomegranate, I will ask them to leave! :angry:
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2023 @29.87 »

I have a relatively short list of things I want to get done

• Revamp the look of my website to make it look more like the cover
  • More sound effects
  • Terminator shire
  • buttons linking to cool sites
Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2023 @423.94 »

Here are some other ideas that I've been thinking about:  :eyes:
  • a site that offers images whose src attribute urls are updated from low-rate feeds of slow processes, like plants or mushrooms growing or planets moving, so that people who use those images can, for instance, see the plants grow in semi-real time on their own pages, without needing to have any actual script or video feed!
  • a newspaper obituary for people who died in video games, especially where the death has little consequence like in Minecraft, Runescape, or Roblox
  • a map of linked sites on the indie-Web, like how people make visualizations of which Wikipedia pages are linked to which other pages
  • social media where you can only be an animal, and all of your posts must be noises or other activities specific to that animal
  • actual literal bumper cars, but it's a browser MMO  :pc: 
  • a fictional travel blog of an alien whose main quest is that they can't figure out what a bird is (what are birds? we just don't know!)
  • an in-browser physics or graphics simulation tool that works like the ones for scientific & graphic-design purposes, where it front-loads all of the calculations into a long process that can run while the tab is open, then spits out something that can be decoded, played back, or even appended to with further simulation; for instance, a 30-second simulation that actually took a few minutes to render, so that the whole thing can be more accessible and even potentially configurable to other people that it's shared with
  • a dictionary of nonsense terms, which is then made extra useless by every single definition referencing other nonsense terms
  • a site that, on rare occasion, replaces a random text character with a creepy eye that follows your mouse around
  • a site that has no actual visuals; its navigation is done completely through sound

I feel like every one of these can be done, and some of them don't require a huge amount of prerequisite knowledge if anyone wanted to start making them now!  :ozwomp: 

These all sound so cool and awesome! I'd love to see someone make stuff like this, especially the slow process pages and the bumper car MMO. I wanna be able to bump people online.

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2023 @958.08 »

Something I've thought about making is... basically a horror visual novel as a website/part of my art site. I doubt I'll go through with it in a timely manner, and the characters are still very loosely defined in my brain... I wanna do my research (i.e. watch/read more horror stuff) before making anything "official".

Numberedpaws
Casual Poster

He/It - Gay little number

StatusCafe: algebralien

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2023 @230.72 »

Honestly one of my biggest ideas right now is interactive shrine pages for my site. I want to perfect my coding and create an interactive Patapon shrine/tribute. Something involving pressing buttons and receiving sound responses and the page becoming more lively the more inputs you do correctly. I have no idea if I'd ever be able to pull it off or if it's even possible but I'm willing to try for my rotund little musical guys.

Hello! Hi!
rinni
Casual Poster

IS YOUR MEMORY CARD SET CORRECTLY?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2023 @259.88 »

I'm working on both of these right now, at least the starting stages, buttt...

I've also got to finish my shrines and all my oc's pages... but those are less specific tasks, and for my oc's pages I'm still not settled on how exactly I want to set them all up... uagh...

vashti
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2023 @220.96 »

This is such a fun thread! I collect stamps & at some point, I'd like to upload scans of my stamps to the site, but I don't want them to be just scans. I have this vision where all of my little stamps are scanned and in a "pile" on a webpage & you can drag them around, sort them if you want. I think it would be like looking through a pile of photographs. & in the name of self indulgence, I think it would be nice to arrange my collection on the computer. I just think it would be fun, but I think I'd need to learn a little bit of java to do it, which seems intimidating.

I'd also like to scan this Yoshitomo Nara art book that I have, but it'll 1) Take a while & 2) I'll probably upload it to the Internet Archive instead.

Oh! & this is less hypothetical, but I'm working on making illustrations for my site, with hand drawn graphics & whatnot.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2023 @603.66 »

This is such a fun thread! I collect stamps & at some point, I'd like to upload scans of my stamps to the site, but I don't want them to be just scans. I have this vision where all of my little stamps are scanned and in a "pile" on a webpage & you can drag them around, sort them if you want. I think it would be like looking through a pile of photographs. & in the name of self indulgence, I think it would be nice to arrange my collection on the computer. I just think it would be fun, but I think I'd need to learn a little bit of java to do it, which seems intimidating.

I wonder if you could re-purpose a dollmaker script for your stamp idea? It allows dragging and dropping around the screen, you just wouldn't need to have a doll body to put everything on. Here's the one I used for my dollmaker, only I did have to update the jquery libraries at the top, because it points to old ones:

http://minidollz.ninique.net/code/dollmaker.html

vashti
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2023 @740.03 »

I wonder if you could re-purpose a dollmaker script for your stamp idea? It allows dragging and dropping around the screen, you just wouldn't need to have a doll body to put everything on. Here's the one I used for my dollmaker, only I did have to update the jquery libraries at the top, because it points to old ones:
http://minidollz.ninique.net/code/dollmaker.html

Oh wow, I'll definitely look into this, thank you! I think the concept is very much the same, so here's to hoping this works! You've at least given me a good direction to start in.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023 @198.48 by vashti » Logged
Sofly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Oh hey hi

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2023 @933.39 »

Well the big one is self-hosting of course, but with how things are going that seems like a very, very distant dream

A more achievable one would be for me to finish my Touhou shrine, i already made an ULTRAKILL one, but i used that mainly to show off my times, thing that i can't really do with Touhou scores because i suck

Maybe i could talk a bit about the lore of my favorite games and characters, but there's so much to tackle that it's hard to know when to start

I will get into it one day, i really like Touhou and it deserves a place in my site

Profile pic is from Secret Little Haven
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5440
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13251
Last post April 24, 2024 @150.30
by honowo
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1857
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi