Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @566.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 67/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Coffee Enjoyers??

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coffee Enjoyers??  (Read 507 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: August 30, 2023 @655.29 »

Hello! I assume there are some coffee enjoyers on this forum; I figured Id make a thread for it, although generally I would say Im a lowkey coffee enjoyer!

I can handle and espresso on occasion if its from a good place, but usually I stick to americanos - I use a little milk in those, but Im aware some people dislike that, to you I say  :ha:

For home brewing; I have an AeroPress that I use occasionally, but I prefer to use a v60 drip cone - its fun because it feels like a little ritual when you are making it, you get to hear all the noises and see the steam and participate in the whole process!

This is the set I use; its great because it looks like its from the 70s! (I have a brown one)

Most of the time I buy whole beans and grind them using one of the dudes above, although its not very good and I should prob get a better one!
I don't use a scale or anything like that; I like the variation and uncertainty of guessing measurements!

Some enjoyable local roasts I like:
(Although I tend to blend them with a cheaper brand called Velo to make them a bit more cost effective.)

Biggest Coffee Troubles:
  • The coffee grounds tend to stick to the inside of the filter
  • I cant get the v60 to brew as strong as Id like it to
  • I enjoy pouring the water too much so I make it too weak  :ohdear:
  • Sometimes the aero press filters leak grounds!
  • Getting the grind size right on that grinder is almost impossible
  • When away from home, other coffee is disappointing now!

Are you a coffee enjoyer? If so please report here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎

now that's something I can hyperfixate on

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023 @751.54 »

I too am a lowkey coffee enjoyer!

Our current setup:

• A Bodum French press which I don't use nearly as much as I would like. Last year, I used to it to make cold brew instead of using cheese cloth, and it worked pretty well! I still like the cheese cloth, though
  • A simple Oster flat-bottom drip coffee machine that we got from my husband's grandma (I think) and it does a serviceable job
  • A Cuisinart cold/hot milk frother we got as a wedding shower present! That thing is over eight years old now and still works pretty well!
  • A kinda-crappy bean grinder (from "Master Chef") that overheats real quick and smells weird when it does (it was cheap, though)

However, if I had both the funds and the space, I'd love to have a little 'beverage bar' type area in my kitchen. It would have a little espresso machine with a milk steamer attachment, a small pour-over set-up, my French press, and a grinder with a hopper. We had one of those for a little while and I would 100% like to get another. Oh, and I'd love a hand-crank grinder as well, but those get real pricey real quick (so if anyone knows of any that are <$30 CAD, please tell me!). I can't quite see the brand name on yours, but if you like it, I'd be interested in checking it out :eyes:

I am currently working my way through a bag of beans I got from Burly Bean Coffee in Port Hardy, BC. I'm not sure if they ship outside of Canada, though? At first I was kinda 'meh' on it, but after some experimentation with the grind and the amount of cream and sugar I use, I've come to like it. Speaking of which, maybe I'll give it a try in my French press to see if I can bring out some new flavour tones!

Another Vancouver Island roaster whose coffee I enjoy is Mile Zero Coffee in Victoria, BC. It's been a bit since I've had theirs, but I'm thinking I'll pick up some once I'm through my current open bag!

I don't have any particular coffee gripes right now except for my lack of grinder-with-hopper. I was borrowing my parents' but then they wanted it back, and then proceeded not to maintain it properly and burnt out the motor. So we bought them another one as a present, but didn't get one for ourselves :sad: (And I explained to my mom how to maintain it so it lasts longer this time! :grin: For those wondering: make sure to brush out the grounds regularly! At least every handful of uses if not every time you use it!)

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023 @840.12 »

Ehm... this is my traumatic experience with coffee: As a 14-year-old at a school happeing I had the misfortune to stand next to a coffee machine for a couple of hours consistently. Because I was selling cakes and coffee at some school happening. Geez, the consistent smell of coffee made me so dizzy, it was like losing the feet on the ground, so I had to go outside for 10 minutes to take a deep breath. Never in my life, I came closer to passing out, I tell you. After that day, I decided that coffee and coffee machines shouldn't be part of my life and I should rather try get going like a half-asleep tortoise in the morning.

So unfortuneatly, I can only join your coffee table with a cup of harmless green or red tea.
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023 @843.32 »

As I type this, I am crunching away on some espresso beans my dad bought :P

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
yungwake0
Casual Poster ⚓︎

(he/him)

StatusCafe: yungwake0
iMood: yungwake0

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2023 @40.74 »

I actually talked a bit about my coffee consumption on another thread just last night :grin: Forgive me if crossposting isn't allowed here, but:

This brand is quite pricey but I'd say it's worth it.

Also been dabbling in homemade creamers recently; just take a can of sweetened condensed milk, add some regular milk of your choice (dairy or almond for me), and add whatever sweet flavors you want in your creamer. I do cinnamon, vanilla, and a little bit of honey, but obviously the possibilities are endless, and you could put whatever you like in there.

Deathwish is my daily driver, especially the chocolate and cherry flavor. Keep in mind it's supposed to have a lot more caffeine than average coffees, being marketed as "the strongest coffee in the world;" but I'm not sure how to verify this as I have a really high tolerance to the stuff, and I honestly don't care as long as it tastes good.

I also enjoy Eight O'Clock as a "generic" coffee when I'm out of Deathwish, it sure beats the likes of Folgers, Yuban, etc.

The homemade creamer is a recent discovery of mine, mostly from this Pinterest post. Before that, I was just using Walmart brand stuff. They actually do have some pretty damn good flavors, like "Blueberry Cobbler" and "Speculoos Cookie" which have been "limited edition" for at least a year at this point :ok: and especially their "Honey Cinnamon and Vanilla" which I've since learned to make at home.

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2023 @734.50 »

Coffee is my favorite drink! I'm literally drinking some as I'm typing this. I once tried fancy black coffee from starbucks and it was amazing, I gotta get some more of that! On one hand I think its kinda weird how some people cant enjoy normal coffee and have to get weird/crazy stuff, but on the other hand I tried a coffee with 3 different types of chocolate in it and I think that's what heaven would taste like. I forgot what it was called tho... :ohdear:

Coffee addict, Gunpla builder, SMT fan.
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023 @70.57 »

I'm not a big fan of coffee, to start my day I just wake up full of motivation.

(I wish it was always this way but alas I have to settle with being motivated once a blue moon)

But on the flip side when I do drink coffee, I drink regular coffee with loads of sugar and creamer, or I sip on MRE Irish cream cappuccino :chef:

Words cannot describe what it feels like to sip on warm coffee on the field with all your friends.
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023 @155.69 »

I do indeed enjoy coffee. It's INCREDIBLY unfancy, but on a usual morning I either have Nescafe Taster's Choice (instant) or Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend (grounds). Usually with half-and-half if it isn't sour or out completely. I tried sweetening my coffee this morning, but I uh.. well, it was fine. I prefer to just dip biscotti into it when I want something sweet.

.. By the way, Folgers Instant tastes a little like car tires.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023 @587.78 by Commodorn » Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2023 @179.85 »

I have such a complicated relationship with coffee. I think in its default state, it's gross as hell. I'll drink it if I have to (like if I really need to stay awake for something), but I'm much more of a tea person. However, I LOVE coffee when it's got like....ten different things pumped into it lol. I love getting coffee from Tim Hortons and buying coffee creamers because I think it's wonderful when it's mixed with vanilla, caramel, or pumpkin spice  :ok:

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023 @748.76 »

A cup of coffee takes over 130 liters of water to produce. Its hard work to produce, and often children are exploited in the process.

Thus I try to only consume high quality, fair-traded coffee - and consume less; so that the water is not wasted for a bad drink, and so that the people who work for what I enjoy have hopefully no reason to damn me. And I enjoy these cups of coffee a lot :).

I grind my beans to powder with a small kitchen machine; on work days I drink a small cup of Mokka (Turkish Coffee) after waking up. On weekends, I usually drink some big cups from a french press.

Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024 @929.95 »

I am definitely a coffee enjoyer for sure, I can't even start my day without a cup! Nothing beats a barista professionally made coffee from my local independent coffee shop though. 

BUTCHBONEZ
Casual Poster

' with flowers growing out of your head '

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2024 @942.56 »

I absolutely love coffee. I usually drink stok cold brew if I don't brew my own.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Library Enjoyers!

Started by bingus_babyBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 8
Views: 564
Last post September 22, 2023 @851.89
by brisray

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi