Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @492.85 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Help: website has a weird space on phone

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Help: website has a weird space on phone  (Read 318 times)
Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 13, 2023 @560.71 »

I have this one page. that looks fine on computer but has a huge empty space when I look at it on my phone.

pictures to be more clear:

There is a lot more empty space between the text boxes and the art but there is no reason for me to show pictures of nothing.

Usually I figure stuff out using some research, playing around with the code, and checking the thing with the element inspect tool.
But I can not replicate the problem on my computer. The website looks fine when I zoom in (like got up to 300%+). I also checked it on a website that lets you check your site through different screen sizes, and the responsive design mode through however the thing called when you click f12. all of them don't have this space.

I have no idea why it's happening specifically on my phone only. help would be greatly appreciated.

(Also I know the two columns don't look the best on narrow screens, that is not the problem I am asking about)

Finel ✡ - He/They
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023 @579.50 »

i think it may be an issue specific to the browser you're using. when i look at your page on my phone with chrome, i see the two columns stacked on top of each other with blank space to the right, but no blank space before the images. when i use firefox, the columns are side by side with no blank space below, which is what you want.

browsers have some default css, so there's probably some difference in margins or padding thats causing your problem. you can overwrite the browser defaults by specifying a value in your own css!
Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023 @586.32 »

i think it may be an issue specific to the browser you're using.

I checked on different browsers on my phone (firefox, chrome, duckduckgo) and they all look the same to me, with the huge space below the columns.
Could it be a phone specific issue (like maybe it's an iphone thing)? I don't know if specific phones affect css and such 

Finel ✡ - He/They
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023 @600.21 »

that could be it! i'm using an android phone. unfortunately i don't have access to a iphone, so i can't help you with more specific troubleshooting, but i would recommend including
Code
body { box-sizing: border-box; }
which helps prevent boxes from overflowing their intended size when they have borders. if that isn't enough, start explicitly defining the margins for elements that don't have them already.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5446
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1863
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni
Website status (Check replies for part 2)

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 8
Views: 2078
Last post December 26, 2021 @841.50
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi