Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @934.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 90/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Howdy, Excited to be Here!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howdy, Excited to be Here!  (Read 322 times)
Newbie ⚓︎

Shadow creature inhabiting a human suit

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: September 29, 2023 @41.37 »

Hello there, I'm 142! I'm 23 with He/Him They/Them pronouns, and I fancy myself an artist, writer, and now webmaster! A year or so back I learned about GeoCities and became super obsessed. I spent hours on the Wayback Machine just exploring different personal sites from days long past, so you can probably imagine my excitement when I learned about NeoCities!

Some more info about me: I'm a furry but don't have an actual sona, I just draw lots of anthropomorphic characters. Absolutely love art and music, as well as video games, some of my favorite games being Night in The Woods, ULTRAKILL, Hypnospace Outlaw, Fight Knight, and Inscryption! I've gotten into older and/or more experimental art programs, like Kid Pix Deluxe 4, Verve Painter, and Bryce 7. You'll probably notice a Bryce render on each of my (completed)pages!

Speaking of, I've been working on my site for a few months now, and you can visit it through the button in my signature! While only the Art Gallery and Blog are currently open (but still in need of work) I plan to fill every one of those side panels with my own bright colors and weird projects.

Anyway, I'm excited to be here!

Salty
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Internet Renaissance Woman

StatusCafe: saltedslug
iMood: saltedslug

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023 @62.05 »

Hey there, welcome to the forum!!!  :ozwomp: I really like the 3D renderings you have in your art gallery; the style is so cool. It reminds me of a game engine software I used to check out from the library when I was a little kid. Very 2002 in a cool way.  I am glad to see another artist who appropriates edutainment software on the forum! I also love making goofy old web art. We should swap obscure art shareware lists sometime  :pc:  :pc:

Welcome again, and I hope you enjoy lurking the forum!

vashti
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023 @197.53 »

Hiiiii nice to meet you ^_^ I don't have a sona either... I'm too indecisive. I was thinking maybe a pigeon or something, but I'm not sure. I tried asking everyone who knows me what sort of animal I'd be & no one could answer me T_T Oh well

I like NITW too, but haven't heard of those other games :)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023 @624.05 »

Hello 142 and welcome to the forum!

High five to being artist, writer, and webmaster twins! As a creative myself, I've really enjoyed learning and implementing coding within my creative hobbies. It's so much fun being able to explore the topic creatively and I hope you're having fun too! Your site is so cool to look at, I love the layout and all the colours you have on it!

NITW was such a fun game, I really loved the characters in it! I too consider myself a furry but I don't draw furry characters and I also don't have a fursona LOL, I just think the designs and the art is so COOL and something that I've yet to be able to learn!

I hope you have a good time here!

◖ ⊹  ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ —  ࣪ ׅ୧ You got: Awhe's Welcome Pack!  :dive:  ୨⸼ – ׂׅ——ׂׅ—ׂׅ  ⊹ ◗
- Small reminder that the forum closes every Monday. Do not be alarmed! We'll be back every Tuesday! Why? Click here!
zawieja
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023 @937.52 »

Hello there! I really like your art and how your website looks (I don't know why but I really like when elements rotate when I click them) :cheerR:
I like drawing animals so I can understand the sentiment of enjoying to draw anthro characters. I can join all the NITW enjoyers here,  it is an amazing game that I'm very attached too. Have fun on the forum!

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Do I need virtual pets when I have so many gifs of my favorite original character?

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Newbie ⚓︎

Shadow creature inhabiting a human suit

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023 @978.51 »

Aaaah! Thanks for all your replies!

As a creative myself, I've really enjoyed learning and implementing coding within my creative hobbies.

It's definitely been a breath of fresh air for me. I've been teetering on the edge of burnout for a while, but HTML, CSS and even Javascript have been really fun to learn and create with! Thank you for the welcome pack by the way!

(I don't know why but I really like when elements rotate when I click them)

I was so happy when I figured out how to make the foam animals rotate. One day I might even mix up the speeds and directions!

I like NITW too, but haven't heard of those other games :)

If I had to suggest any of them to someone on this forum, it'd have to be Hypnospace Outlaw! It's a game inspired by browsing the old web and had a major influence in bringing me here too!

I really like the 3D renderings you have in your art gallery; the style is so cool. It reminds me of a game engine software I used to check out from the library when I was a little kid. Very 2002 in a cool way.

Thanks! I'm glad they remind you of an old game engine! Personally they remind me of bowling alley animations! There's something about old CG I find really comforting to look at. It can be crunchy, yeah, but it can also be otherworldly in a way most mediums can't capture.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi