Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @62.77 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Experiments in Old CGI

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Experiments in Old CGI  (Read 691 times)
WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

PicMix: WynnDawnstrider

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 24, 2023 @75.10 »

A friend and I got talking about weird old CGI so after remembering an LGR video on Bryce 3D, I decided to mess around with it. These are pretty early experiments right now, and if I enjoy doing it I might pick up a more modern version of the program (it's only $20 which is reasonable compared to its old price point lol)

If you want to try it yourself, you can find the program and serial on Archive.org. You will also need Wine VDM to run it on a modern system! You also need to run it in 640x480 mode.

I just think it has funky weird old "The power of Computers!!!" vibes. Like old math textbooks or stuff like folders or trapper keepers.

As always, any art I post here is totally free to use, if for whatever reason you like it that much. I'm also willing to send the raw .br3 files if anyone wants to re render at a higher resolution or tinker with anything!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023 @78.63 by WynnDawnstrider » Logged

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023 @108.82 »

I got Bryce 7 along with a commercial license recently, and it works on modern PCs. From what I’ve experienced with it, it’s exactly the same as older versions, but with a few updates.

I made this with it:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023 @118.08 »

Nice! Yeah I'm thinking about it, I just wanted to see if I *liked* it before investing too much in it.
Plus I like the challenge of running old software.

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023 @557.05 »

OMG theres these textbooks in my algebra 2 class with those 3D art covers you're talking about xp
So many textbooks have them; also I see the old roblox skybox in those pictures hbyuefyub

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023 @559.22 »

yo i've been a big fan of bryce for a long time now! whenever i want to feature 3D graphics in my artwork, i always use bryce 7 for it. here's some of my artwork that includes 3d graphics that i've made with bryce:

click to reveal images

[close]

additionally, i'm sure that anyone here who's used bryce has immediately noticed how unique and unusual its interface is. a friend of mine recently shared this interesting article with me about the UI paradigms of bryce and other software created by its developers that you might find interesting.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023 @710.54 by Frost Sheridan » Logged

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023 @914.14 »

yo i've been a big fan of bryce for a long time now! whenever i want to feature 3D graphics in my artwork, i always use bryce 7 for it. here's some of my artwork that includes 3d graphics that i've made with bryce:

OH these are super cool! you guys are really doing a good job at convincing me to pick up 7 lol

WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023 @34.39 »

Here's a fun new one! Higher res this time because I spent a pretty long time on it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Using older tech

Started by JackFrostBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 44
Views: 4908
Last post July 26, 2024 @602.40
by spiralstaircase

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi