Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @329.18 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: can i easily install windows 10 back onto my pc for a dual boot? :(  (Read 1808 times)
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: October 28, 2023 @437.97 »

i bought this laptop for 35 euros from my country's equivalent of ebay, and i dont know what i was expecting, but when it arrived it was so slow it was unusable.... it was so bloated i couldnt even factory reset it myself and had to pay some guys to wipe it for me.. then  i planned to dual boot but didnt know i had to make free space and didnt know how to go back to windows so i did a clean install, and like... this is a miserable experience... i dont like fulltime pop!_os at all, anyone know how i can reinstall windows 10 and dual boot it with this? :^(

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023 @638.99 »

Id love to know more about this 35 euro laptop; that's so cheap, is it made of cheese??  :tongue:

But to loosely answer your question in case you're feeling stuck; yes you can do this!
  • You need to create a partition in your hardrive for Windows to be installed on. (This splits your hard drive into 2 pretend hard drives)
  • Then you'll need to make a bootable USB installer of Windows.
  • Finally, you'll need to boot into your installer and go through the Windows install (select the partition you created to install to, I think you have to do Custom/Advanced install when Windows asks how you wanna install, you'll need to allow windows to reset the partition too)

Be sure to do backups or important files beforehand just in case you mess something up!
Good luck :ozwomp:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023 @794.47 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2023 @731.44 »

Id love to know more about this 35 euro laptop; that's so cheap, is it made of cheese??  :tongue:

But to loosely answer your question in case you're feeling stuck; yes you can do this!
  • You need to create a partition in your hardrive for Windows to be installed on. (This splits your hard drive into 2 pretend hard drives)
  • Finally, you'll need to boot into your installer and go through the Windows install (select the partition you created to install to, I think you have to do Custom/Advanced install when Windows asks how you wanna install, you'll need to allow windows to reset the partition too)

Be sure to do backups or important files beforehand just in case you mess something up! Finally, when you have Windows installed you might wanna try run AME to remove some of the tracking and junk!

to answer your question about the price; it might as well be made of cheese. it was full of bloatware when it got here. but i think ive said that already. i tried factory resetting it like 5 times but every single time it'd get stuck on 40% for like 9 hours and i just gave up and decided to do a clean install of linux over it, but then my mom convinved me to get it wiped anyway, and then i got stuck and had to do a clean install, thereby wasting my 20 euros..... i thought that if i bought a used pc it'd last longer cuz i may have some sort of tech related curse where every piece of technology made after the 2000's that comes into contact with me breaks in some sort of freak accident. its honestly insane. one time i got up from my seat and my phone, which was in my chest satchel fell right onto the corner of the table, shattering it. one other time i was just sitting using my phone and it started oozing purple liquid until it was completely covered in it and didnt turn on. one time i turned my laptop off for like 2 days and when i turned it back on it was unusable. like it was posessed or something!! windows were moving on their own, the mouse moved by itself too. when i wrote something it would either delete itself or spam it, my other laptop shattered in half one day. and im not even making any of this up. im genuinely cursed auughhhh!!!!!!!!! but it seems that my curse affects linux too because every time i use a ubuntu/debian based distro its always a terrible experience for me :(((((((((
do you by any chance recommend any distros that arent debian/ubuntu based? preferably good for beginners? last night it toook me 9 hours just to figure out how to use ethernet.....

ach, i forgot to thank you for your answer...! i'll keep that info in mind , yay! yay!

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2023 @837.49 »

nevermind. i bricked it.

bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2023 @890.58 »

it started oozing purple liquid until it was completely covered in it and didnt turn on
WHAT IN THE GOOSEBUMPS????? Real halloween movie stuff right there. Insane, I heard a story like this a long time ago, but I think it was LCD ooze...

Anyways to try and help! If I were you I'd make a Linux live boot USB! It's fool-proof, I'm an idiot and it's easy for even me! You'll need this and a Linux distro. Puppy linux is the only one I've had in the past, and you can run it completely on an old and low quality USB! (Maybe create this at the library, it doesn't take long and you seemingly don't have a PC at the moment.) From there, you might wanna wipe the computer ENTIRELY to get rid of any junk or viruses you have. Then use another drive or CD and reinstall Windows 10, or whatever OS you choose. With this step you might not need the Linux step bc the installer for W10 can format the drive. I included the Linux step, because live USB sticks are nice to have around when things go south! Lots of computer professionals like to use live USBs to get into otherwise busted computers with unusable operating systems.

Another troubleshooting step, some computers have a built in option to reinstall the OS. I only had to use it once, but see if your system has an option such as this. Here's a summary of how it works on an ASUS machine.

I wish you luck! (And wish that computer professionals can find this thread and help you more than I can!!!) Worst case scenario, you can at the very least use Linux on the daily with the pen drive. I did that on my old laptop for a while, the results are surprising. Smaller Linux distros are designed for the worst of the worst machines. It'll at least help you get by until you can fix your laptop for good!

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2023 @581.15 »

Be sure to do backups or important files beforehand just in case you mess something up!

surpringsly, i didnt brick my laptop so i tried following the guide in the first link but when i follow step 2 no matter what disk i choose it says its currently in use and that i probably shouldnt repartition it.....

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2023 @587.16 »

and thew worst part about all of this is that i only want windows back to play roblox. the reason i crashed (apparently it didnt get bricked) my pc is that i was trying to run unstable commands to install grapefruit (roblox launcher for linux) uwahhhhhhh :( i dont mind literally evrything else as long as i can play roblox.....

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2023 @638.10 »

no matter what disk i choose it says its currently in use and that i probably shouldnt repartition it.....

Ah yes; that can happen with some drive formats; follow Bingus Baby’s advice in making a Linux usb stick; then do the partitioning from the USB stick instead of your main drive ^^  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2023 @752.30 »

WHAT IN THE GOOSEBUMPS????? Real halloween movie stuff right there. Insane, I heard a story like this a long time ago, but I think it was LCD ooze...

Anyways to try and help! If I were you I'd make a Linux live boot USB! It's fool-proof, I'm an idiot and it's easy for even me! You'll need this and a Linux distro. Puppy linux is the only one I've had in the past, and you can run it completely on an old and low quality USB! (Maybe create this at the library, it doesn't take long and you seemingly don't have a PC at the moment.) From there, you might wanna wipe the computer ENTIRELY to get rid of any junk or viruses you have. Then use another drive or CD and reinstall Windows 10, or whatever OS you choose. With this step you might not need the Linux step bc the installer for W10 can format the drive. I included the Linux step, because live USB sticks are nice to have around when things go south! Lots of computer professionals like to use live USBs to get into otherwise busted computers with unusable operating systems.

Another troubleshooting step, some computers have a built in option to reinstall the OS. I only had to use it once, but see if your system has an option such as this. Here's a summary of how it works on an ASUS machine.

I wish you luck! (And wish that computer professionals can find this thread and help you more than I can!!!) Worst case scenario, you can at the very least use Linux on the daily with the pen drive. I did that on my old laptop for a while, the results are surprising. Smaller Linux distros are designed for the worst of the worst machines. It'll at least help you get by until you can fix your laptop for good!

yeah... i dont understand what this says or what you're telling me to do....

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2023 @759.97 »

im just gonna do what melon said and skip the first step. i dont want linux at all

urgellx
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Lost on the web

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2023 @785.51 »

Hello, a bit late on the input but if you want to try again at a later time, i have some tips.

First thing, Pop_OS, to me, looks like an horrible start to linux since it's very different
compared to Windows. Mint seems closer to Windows 10.

Second thing, it may be a bit too advanced for someone who's just discovered the experience that a
version of Linux can offer without knowing its depth but you can try something like Distrobox to
install Grapejuice in a container running a different distribution if your native one doesn't work.
To put it simply, you can have all the software that all the versions of Linux have to offer with
only having one true version installed, it's a really useful project.

I don't know what kind of wizardry you use to make Windows 10 work well with a 35 euro
computer ! Hope you'll be able to reinstall Windows 10 and maybe try again in a few years if Roblox
decides to fix their mess !

Have a good day ! :dive:

Héhé, écoute, derrière y'avait pas mal de vent.
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2023 @799.58 »

Hello, a bit late on the input but if you want to try again at a later time, i have some tips.

First thing, Pop_OS, to me, looks like an horrible start to linux since it's very different
compared to Windows. Mint seems closer to Windows 10.

Second thing, it may be a bit too advanced for someone who's just discovered the experience that a
version of Linux can offer without knowing its depth but you can try something like Distrobox to
install Grapejuice in a container running a different distribution if your native one doesn't work.
To put it simply, you can have all the software that all the versions of Linux have to offer with
only having one true version installed, it's a really useful project.

I don't know what kind of wizardry you use to make Windows 10 work well with a 35 euro
computer ! Hope you'll be able to reinstall Windows 10 and maybe try again in a few years if Roblox
decides to fix their mess !

Have a good day ! :dive:

ive actually used ubuntu and hated it. then i used pop!_os then hated that too and currently i'm using kde plasma (kubuntu) and it sucks. i cant even setup bluetooth without buying an external device........ windows is much much simpler. ill just try the ameliorated thingy but thanks! linux is just way too complicated

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2023 @862.87 »

okay! either i'm genuinely stupid, i have a faulty installation, or linux is just too much for me but im pretty sure im gonna need a step by step video tutorial on how to format an usb drive/install something that formats my usb drive. because i cant figure this out and im actually gonna cry. i might need a tutorial on the rest too.

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2023 @760.34 »

i've distrohopped but every single experience i had was miserable. i dont know how to connect to wifi and i dont know how to set up a bluetooth connection on linux and i wanna get rid of it. but since i dont know how to do these basic things i dont know how to get rid of it.... i wanted to do a clean install of windows 10 and just install windows AMELIORATED but the tutorial someone gave me was for ubuntu and i coulnd't go through with it... i'm currently using kde plasma kubuntu.... i've had more than one nervous breakdown over my inability to manage this OS :( what do i do. what the hell do i do. for the love of god someone PLEASE help me :(
should i just hop over to ubuntu specifically to uninstall it?

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2023 @774.79 »

You don't need any Linux package to do a clean install of Windows. If you have Windows 10 installation media, you can have the Windows installer wipe your drive clean before installing.

Once you've got Windows installed, this might be useful: https://ameliorated.io/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023 @778.40 by starbreaker » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26535
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 6057
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3751
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi