Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @738.76 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  When do you start getting in the mood for a holiday?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: When do you start getting in the mood for a holiday?  (Read 285 times)
hellodreamymiku
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 04, 2023 @677.55 »

Hello melons!! (is this what we call the melonland society??? because I totally made that up) :innocent:  Today I wanted to ask you about something that I've been kind of keeping as a guilty pleasure and it's celebrating holidays way too early. I am a big fan of holidays and seasonal things, especially new  years and my birthday are my favorite special days! Today is just the 4th of november and there is still halloweening to do and thanksgiving is soon but I don't celebrate thanksgiving so I just skipped to the new years hype! Is it too early to start hyping up for new years? When do you start getting hyped up for a holiday? What holidays do you celebrate and how do you start celebrating them? Are you currently in the mood of one right now? Maybe you are still hung up on halloween? How do you get into the mood? I personally like to put on ambient music according to the season like the ambient music the winged skeleton on the forum takes you to!

Can't wait until the world turns obsessed with the colors green and red again! :ozwomp:

Lady Lazarus

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023 @688.76 »

Tomorrow is fireworks night in the UK! Remember, remember, the 5th of November... So I'll be visiting my local park to watch the fireworks display! I'd say from that night onwards I feel all warm and in the holiday spirit! It's also my brothers birthday month, so Starting from November I have a lot to celebrate!

Fireworks night, brothers birthday, grans birthday, christmas, hogmany, burns night, my birthday, and then valentines day! It's a whole host of celebrations every single month! So I'm pretty excited :D!!

And since Christmas is the next "main" holiday for a lot of us, I'd like to share my single favourite christmas song that gets blasted every single day of December leading up to Christmas:
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023 @846.67 »

And since Christmas is the next "main" holiday for a lot of us, I'd like to share my single favourite christmas song that gets blasted every single day of December leading up to Christmas:

my favorite christmas song HAS to be the MCR cover of All I Want For Christmas Is You...

but this one is quickly coming to a close 2nd place!!!  :unite:
thanks for the recommendation, I'm already getting in the mood for xmas  :dive:

Can't wait until the world turns obsessed with the colors green and red again! :ozwomp:

ME NEITHER! I do my nails a lot, and they typically revolve around the seasons/holidays- I have just the best idea for christmas nails that I am so excited to try out  :ha:  :ha: I hope your birthday and New Years go absolutely splendidly c:

(P.S. your icon is adorable, that miku module is one of my absolute favorites)

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
klonpa
Casual Poster ⚓︎

dark cup

StatusCafe: klonpa
iMood: klonpa

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023 @779.66 »

i get excited for halloween when august rolls around!! its my moms favorite holiday so shed always put up decorations super early  :dive: i didnt really get into the Halloween Spirit much this year bc of life stuff but when the actual day came up its like i had powered up or something :evil:
i had to work but my job let us all wear costumes which was super fun -w-

i dont really like thanksgiving so november is just autumn-winter transition period in my head (while also dealing with CHRISTMAS EVERYWHEARE from stores and stuff...)
it is nice seeing people put up christmas decorations on their houses n stuff though!!
not excited to be working in a fast food place in a shopping complex however.
past retail experiences have also not really done any favors for christmas for me... not like its made me hate it or anything! just tougher to get into the spirit when youre stuck listening to the same songs over and over while people rush your line @_@

my birthday is also on a holiday (st patricks day) but ive never really had any opinions on it! very easy to make jokes about my 21st being fun but all i did was work and go home LOL
my due date was apparently april fools day and i wouldve much preferred it to be honest...! im made to be an april fool!!!! sillyness in my blood!!!!! but march is a nice enough month so i cant complain -w-

dark cup? thatsthe strongest card in all of duel monstas!!!
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023 @816.85 »

I am also going to have my first retail Christmas soon. I hate my work's radio so listening to inoffensive Christmas music will at least be a bit of a change of pace.

I usually get in the mood for Halloween around mid August, and for other holidays about a month before.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1037
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 250
Views: 21354
Last post April 27, 2024 @132.72
by BUTCHBONEZ
Virtual worlds: where the heck do I start?

Started by GuestBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 2084
Last post June 08, 2023 @27.16
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi