Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @190.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Where do you put your buttons/badges/stamps/etc ?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where do you put your buttons/badges/stamps/etc ?  (Read 860 times)
Neguuy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: November 10, 2023 @697.94 »

Hi! :dog:

I recently added tons of buttons/badges to my site and I love them! But I added them to my footer and it's pretty much a huge wall and it doesn't feel like the best place to put them.
So I was wondering, where do you like to put your buttons and badges? Do you break them up in batches and put them here and there, or have a clean dedicated section for all of them? How many of them do you like to have for that? How much is too much?
To be clear, I mean the section where you're saying "these buttons represent me" rather than a section where you just share your hoarded assets.

And a secondary question, how do you organize them on the folder side? I have mine in a "site images" folder, divided into "88x31 buttons", "stamps" and "150x20" but I already found a couple outliers in my collection which I just chucked into the closest match rather than doing something super clean.  :ohdear:

Would love to hear all your button-related thoughts and opinions!! :dive:
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023 @713.11 »

I think @Melooon would be delighted if you tried out his Badge Button Sharing Standard :grin:
Some of it may be of interest to you!

When I still had buttons on my site (currently empty due to rework), I didn't have super many so I didn't run into your problems, but I liked to sort them by color and a little by vibe/topic :smile:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023 @715.34 »

I've got a lot going on in my site's sidebar and other stuff, so I just relegated them to their own page. That way, folks can look through them all, and I don't have to feel bad about collecting an absurd amount of them.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023 @719.07 »

his Badge Button Sharing Standard
That definitely more of a concept than a final idea, so maybe don't stick too it as a diehard idea; but Id love additions to the discussion! (The key thing I recall is that people don't want a dedicated folder, so its basically just put your badges in folders called 88x31 etc in the root of your site, or maybe in an "images" folder)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023 @757.59 »

Personally I put a few on my main page and delegate the rest to a gifs/graphics page. All my graphics I collect represent me one way or another so I don't feel that bad about relegating most of my stuff to a different page. I make sure that the stuff on my main page either represent my interests (fandoms, hobbies, etc), fit the theme of my page (tropical and rainbow for me!), or give my visitors important information about me (okay to email, what I identify as, etc).

For layout specifically, play around! Maybe you just want a little row of 3 buttons and call it a day, maybe you want to have a solid block of blinkies. I've seen people put them in a marquee tag, but that can get annoying if you want people to yoink stuff so use your best judgement with that one. I just organize them by type (blinkies vs buttons vs decome vs ...), put a br in between them, and call it a day. :ok:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023 @842.72 »

I put them on my graphics page/"treasure chest" but i havent added new gifs and graphics to that in a long while, perhaps because the novelty of having a Collection Of Images wore off a little compared to some of the larger projects i've been making lately.

I never really used site buttons that much since if I want to reccomend someone's site I usually just want to add it to my links page, which is mostly text anyway...

Neguuy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023 @860.10 »

For context, this is my current layout for buttons and others (I put an attachment...I hope the image will show up). I did try to separate them by size but you can definitely see several that stick out. :drat:
I checked out the standardized badge system proposal and it does sound interesting but I will probably reply to the dedicated topic later to share my thoughts on it.

I'm thinking of picking only a selection for my main layout and then drop the rest in a dedicated collection as many others have done...but the choice is going to be difficult. :ozwomp:
I was thinking of putting links on a couple of buttons where it would make sense to do so, but for the rest I think it'll probably have to wait for a big layout overhaul (which I've been planning, since I haven't integrated stuff like <div> yet and I might be overdue for that).

Thank you all for the interesting replies so far!! :transport:

* image_2023-11-10_203508047.png (382.11 kB, 1614x906 - viewed 21 times.)
myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

Two SSL certificates for the price of oneFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023 @869.48 »

Since I've got basically just one big homepage with different sections, it's convenient to have a sectioned off footer where I can put all my buttons in a flexbox.

* flexfooter.png (109.49 kB, 561x293 - viewed 19 times.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 57
Views: 7752
Last post May 03, 2024 @343.02
by garystu
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 59
Views: 6448
Last post June 26, 2024 @893.10
by polychrome
Putting JS script inside of an HTML table?

Started by tarraxahumBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 794
Last post December 17, 2022 @869.95
by tarraxahum

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi