Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @311.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials
| | |-+  An easy-to-use embeddable last.fm widget! - Scrobble.Observer

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An easy-to-use embeddable last.fm widget! - Scrobble.Observer  (Read 696 times)
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 16, 2023 @107.70 »

So this is sorta a follow-up to this thread. I got into my dream college shortly after posting it, and have been pretty low on coding time ever since, but I spent today putting together a better homepage for the new home of the last.fm embed: Scrobble.Observer!

It's running identical software to lfm.aleteoryx.me, but it has an actual homepage put together, and an easy-to-use wizard for getting out the iframe code.

I'd appreciate feedback, theme ideas, etc! As stated, I'm pretty low on time to add a lot of new things to the tool, but if there's anything that you think needs added/changed/fixed I'd be happy to consider it!

I'm never gonna charge for this (I literally pay no extra cost to run it lmao), but, as in the last thread, it's not that hard to spin up a copy of your own for whatever reason.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023 @121.44 by vvinrg » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023 @146.01 »

This is extremely cool! The code snippet is extremely cool too, but I gotta admit without a demo it was a little hard to gauge. One of the troubles with web projects like this that I often see; people make cool stuff, but they don't know how to present or showcase that stuff in a way that gets others interested; so it's great to see a homepage for this with easy demos! - I know a lot of people would love to have this  :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023 @195.83 »

Yeah I know from experience that if projects don't have screenshots at least I rarely get the interest to test them. An earlier iteration had a longer explanation of the actual URL, but I realized that A) that documentation exists elsewhere, and B) the better thing, for getting people interested, is putting the ability to play with it right there. I actually reused the styling from an old project that's been stagnant on my disk for a few months, although it's similar enough in content I'm thinking I might change the colors on that and brand it as a sister project whenever I finish it.
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023 @600.89 »

Wow this is really really nice!

One thing I'd suggest for a future update is being able to change the font size since as it is now it's hard to get it formatted with the rest of my page and have all the text display.

vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023 @792.80 »

One thing I'd suggest for a future update is being able to change the font size since as it is now it's hard to get it formatted with the rest of my page and have all the text display.

that's a really good idea! ill look into supporting various fonthosts, the only issue i forsee is that neocities wouldn't like me hotlinking to fonts hosted by users. ik there are google fonts mirrors which i would far prefer using over google fonts directly, for privacy.
devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023 @929.42 »

OMG Thank you so much for this! I've been wanting something like this for a while :D

Remember to eat dessert <3
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023 @153.78 »

Hey all! Due to some server misconfiguration scrobble.observer has been down for a week or so! It's back up now and the source problem has been dealt with. Apologies for the inconvenience!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

neocities comment section widget!

Started by kiki & ayanoBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 17
Views: 1771
Last post August 11, 2023 @319.69
by Kallistero
Weird Widgets!

Started by moonsetterindustriesBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 3
Views: 822
Last post July 23, 2024 @530.84
by Abygail
Last.fm widget won't work on Nekoweb

Started by SoflyBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 271
Last post May 30, 2024 @734.26
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi