Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @193.52 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  howdy!!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: howdy!!!  (Read 458 times)
Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Don't know what this is but it sounds official

XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 16, 2023 @770.42 »

:ha: haii!!! My name is Tadd. I am a non-binary person who grew up on the Internet as did a lovely amount of us all. Got into making my own website inspired by the LOVEweb video on the peripheral web, so now I'm here! :3. My interests are ever expanding as I learn more about the world around me. I am an environmental science major, with an obsession with tea, fishkeeping, playing my silly little games, and much much more. I hope to get to know y'all even more as I visit this forum more and more and explore around the peripheral web!

keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023 @783.38 »

welcome tadd! hope you enjoy your stay here! c:

you have to tell me more about your fish!!! i used to fishkeep too, it's so fun  :cheerR: although it is veryyyyy expensive sometimes.

similar question!! what are your favorite teas? how do you like your tea? it's the best, isn't it...  :transport:

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023 @787.20 »

Hi Tadd!

Great website! Really cute, unique and pleasing to look at!
Hope you enjoy the forum!

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023 @788.50 »

nice to meet you, welcome to the forum! i just felt like noting i think you messed something up when you set your website link on your profile because currently it links to "https://forum.melonland.net/Tadd.neocities.org" instead of "https://tadd.neocities.org/" like it should! is this a mistake on your part or a bug with the forum?

in any case, nice to meet you! if you enjoy random encounters, i love chatting with new folks so feel free to shoot me a message, im sure i cant find some common ground, lol. (message me on XMPP if you wanna make my day, every message i get on XMPP makes me so happy!)

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2023 @846.69 »

welcome tadd! hope you enjoy your stay here! c:

you have to tell me more about your fish!!! i used to fishkeep too, it's so fun  :cheerR: although it is veryyyyy expensive sometimes.

similar question!! what are your favorite teas? how do you like your tea? it's the best, isn't it...  :transport:

xoxo, lolo =3

I hope this is the right way to reply to this! I am a sucker for oolong. currently I am running low because I only go out to get it when my girlfriend is in town because it is quite a drive, but I plan on stocking up on some new flavors. In the meantime I have been working down my stock of lower quality black teas. Theyre still pretty tasty, but nothing compared to socially tea's haha.

I dont have any fish currently :(( I am in the process of moving states and had to rehome them to a family owned fish store in my area. Used to have a skittles tank of shrimp though! Had a 15 gal skittles tank, and a 45 gal housing a family of Buenos Aires tetra.

Now my only pets are my quaker parrot louie, and my Ball Python Pablo. HBU? Gimmie the fish deets.

Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2023 @847.53 »

nice to meet you, welcome to the forum! i just felt like noting i think you messed something up when you set your website link on your profile because currently it links to "https://forum.melonland.net/Tadd.neocities.org" instead of "https://tadd.neocities.org/" like it should! is this a mistake on your part or a bug with the forum?

in any case, nice to meet you! if you enjoy random encounters, i love chatting with new folks so feel free to shoot me a message, im sure i cant find some common ground, lol. (message me on XMPP if you wanna make my day, every message i get on XMPP makes me so happy!)

Ive fixed it up!! just needed to add in the "https://" bad habit of mine haha. What is XMPP if u dont mind me askin?

Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023 @847.88 »

Hi Tadd!

Great website! Really cute, unique and pleasing to look at!
Hope you enjoy the forum!

Thank you I appreciate it! I am a sucker for aesthetic above all else, even if my understanding of css is rudimentary at best

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2023 @13.59 »

Ive fixed it up!! just needed to add in the "https://" bad habit of mine haha. What is XMPP if u dont mind me askin?

XMPP, also known as Jabber, is the main open instant messaging standard! It has all sorts of functionality, but I personally like to use it like AOL Instant Messenger! There are a lot of different clients you can use, but it basically works like email. You make an account on someone's (or your own in my case) server, then you have the jabber ID of "username@website.com" and thats how people message you! Its really fun especially cuz it works like traditional messengers, if you're a fan of traditional messengers like AIM, trust me, you'll probably have a blast! I recommend Psi+ on desktop (unless you use the cinnamon desktop which its buggy on, in which case use pidgin) and blabber.im on android! Though if you use apple devices your options are probably more limited but definitely still existent. If you cant find a free service to host your account on, https://sure.im and its subsidiaries work just fine! All you gotta do is go to the website, register an account, verify your email (i dont think it takes email forwards so use your real one) and then you can put your Jabber ID and the password you used into any Jabber client and it should work! feel free to pm me on here if you want to try it out but cant get something working.
Here's Pidgin on my computer! (dont worry pidgin can be super heavily themed with GTK hehe) and blabber.im on my phone!

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2023 @264.38 »

I hope this is the right way to reply to this! I am a sucker for oolong. currently I am running low because I only go out to get it when my girlfriend is in town because it is quite a drive, but I plan on stocking up on some new flavors. In the meantime I have been working down my stock of lower quality black teas. Theyre still pretty tasty, but nothing compared to socially tea's haha.

I dont have any fish currently :(( I am in the process of moving states and had to rehome them to a family owned fish store in my area. Used to have a skittles tank of shrimp though! Had a 15 gal skittles tank, and a 45 gal housing a family of Buenos Aires tetra.

Now my only pets are my quaker parrot louie, and my Ball Python Pablo. HBU? Gimmie the fish deets.

I need more oolong tea... I'm very basic with my black tea hehe but I love trying new ones. I recently tried rooibos tea for the first time and it was delicious!!! c:

i don't have any fish right now either v_v i had to put down my last betta after her stomach got engorged (i think it was a tumor, but euthanasia was my only option unfortunately T^T R.I.P Popuoy) but before that i've typically gone for pretty easy freshwater fish and try to do tank setups where all the inhabitants are working together and benefiting each other, i had crayfish once though which was. interesting

but a 45 gal?! I wish i had a tank that size still!! i had one years ago but it was too overwhelming for me when i was a kid DX sounds beautiful!! you need to share some pics of your old tanks (and your current pets, parrots and ball pythons are sooo cute!!)

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
Tadd
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023 @688.13 »

I need more oolong tea... I'm very basic with my black tea hehe but I love trying new ones. I recently tried rooibos tea for the first time and it was delicious!!! c:

i don't have any fish right now either v_v i had to put down my last betta after her stomach got engorged (i think it was a tumor, but euthanasia was my only option unfortunately T^T R.I.P Popuoy) but before that i've typically gone for pretty easy freshwater fish and try to do tank setups where all the inhabitants are working together and benefiting each other, i had crayfish once though which was. interesting

but a 45 gal?! I wish i had a tank that size still!! i had one years ago but it was too overwhelming for me when i was a kid DX sounds beautiful!! you need to share some pics of your old tanks (and your current pets, parrots and ball pythons are sooo cute!!)

xoxo, lolo =3

Gosh I miss my old betta. Shes the reason I had the 15 gal for the shrimp in the first place! She got me into the fishkeeping hobby and got me on my career path in enviro science haha. I had stolen her from my brother who had gotten her as a baby, and had been taking inadequate care of her, putting her into a tiny quart of water with a giant amiibo figure in the middle of it for decoration. I took her and moved her from a 2.5 to a 5 gal to the 15, and she had taught me a lot since I wanted to take as best care of her as I could haha. Ended up naming her MeatStick because she had stunted growth from her previous upbringing and was this muddy red color. Ended up living a good 9 years before she passed, I was beginning to be convinced that she was immortal. Once I move states in April I am SO getting another tank. Betta or not, I'm not sure. Might go back to shrimp though, they were so fun to feed.

I'll see if I've got any good pics of the old tanks and pm you! all of my setups have been freshwater considering I was a poor highschool student when I had initially been taking care of them. Only difference now is I'm a poor college student with more debt, so breaking into saltwater now would be a rough time haha.

Rooibos fucks. Im a sucker for a good tisane. I have to get non caffienated teas because my rescue parrot is intent on sharing drinks with me, even at the detriment of his life, so if i want to drink my caffiene I have to hide in the bathroom or he will throw a fit haha.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi