Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @216.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Your video game ideas?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your video game ideas?  (Read 867 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: December 08, 2023 @105.21 »

Do you have any cool ideas for a video game you'd like to make/wish existed? Share them here! (Warning someone might make them but I hope if they do they'll be nice and credit you *hint hint*)

Iv always wanted a ridiculously large version of Lemonade Stand where you set up an interplanetary lemonade making empire (Like Lemonade Tycoon, buut first person and you are like the CEO telling your lemonade making robots what to do and you get a cool office in your lemon spaceship)

Id love a super moody skyrim/alice style crafting game where you are a clockmaker in Victorian London and you have to go around finding resources like gold in the countryside and making clocks in your workshop (you design how they look and invent the mechanisms!) to sell in your clock shop; maybe the final challenge is making big ben but you can design it however you want.

A realllyyyy impressive worm simulator; like full HD digging through the earth and being a worm; there could be a story hidden in the objects you find buried in the soil!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Memory
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023 @119.62 »

I had an inconsistent story with a bunch of plot holes that I wanted to make into a game with friend in middle school. We would draw the characters in various situations, but never actually made any game.
The idea was going to be that you were in a world where a small amount of the population had magical powers, and the government regulated it by placing heavy people with magic.
The magic came from some sort of amulet that was in the person's chest. The government would remove the person's amulet if any minor infraction by the magical person was committed. The only way to be able to actually use the magical powers was to work for the government/royal people, and even then under heavy watch.
It was set in a kingdom. There was going to be a plot where a court jester who has the power to make a mirage to appear like she is someone else (kind of shapeshifting) kills the tyrannical king who is upholding all the restrictions. Then the jester would take his place, but she would be no better than the actual king, because she is angry at the world for what they have done to her. She then becomes a far more violent and tyrannical ruler, to regain a sense of power, maybe.
There was also going to be a subplot where there was an underground travelling freakshow of escaped magical convicts.
That's about all I remember, I think. 
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023 @144.41 »

I enjoy fighting games a lot mainly because of the variety of different types of characters they have. So I came up with a funny concept of a fighting game but all the characters are like min wage employees. For example, you can have some starbucks barista who attacks with hot coffee or a fast food employee who fights with giant spatulas!

I could see it as a classic 1v1 fighting game or a beat em up where you have to fight through hordes of angry customers.

Very goofy idea but sadly I have no video game making skills so its just gonna stay in my head lol  :grin:

Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023 @145.50 »

I had an inconsistent story with a bunch of plot holes that I wanted to make into a game with friend in middle school. We would draw the characters in various situations, but never actually made any game.
The idea was going to be that you were in a world where a small amount of the population had magical powers, and the government regulated it by placing heavy people with magic.
The magic came from some sort of amulet that was in the person's chest. The government would remove the person's amulet if any minor infraction by the magical person was committed. The only way to be able to actually use the magical powers was to work for the government/royal people, and even then under heavy watch.
It was set in a kingdom. There was going to be a plot where a court jester who has the power to make a mirage to appear like she is someone else (kind of shapeshifting) kills the tyrannical king who is upholding all the restrictions. Then the jester would take his place, but she would be no better than the actual king, because she is angry at the world for what they have done to her. She then becomes a far more violent and tyrannical ruler, to regain a sense of power, maybe.
There was also going to be a subplot where there was an underground travelling freakshow of escaped magical convicts.
That's about all I remember, I think. 

Are you a writer? Because this sounds like it would legit be such a good story

Memory
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023 @530.52 »

Aha, no, I'm not a writer. But thank you for the compliment  :4u:
Memory
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2023 @629.36 »

Do you remember those walking characters on your screen that you'd download off of sketchy sites as a kid? I had so many, mostly of Naruto who would run around when I was trying to watch youtube and get in the way...

I'd love to make something similar, except more contained. Tied to the day/night cycle of your PC, a sort of pet person to look after? By that I mean you can help them get a job and they'll bring back money for you to spend on decorating their little room to their liking etc, as well as random events happening throughout the day! Sometimes you'd open the application and they'd be gone: busy doing something that you hadn't originally asked them to.

The cosy vibes of animal crossing with the day/night cycle and decorating, but also having some edge to it in that you have no idea what's going to be happening when you open the application up! I'm a big fan of character exploration writing too so I'd love to include some relationship growth with the character.

An ultimately pointless game, but my heart yearns for a more involved tamagotchi so  :ha:
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023 @654.69 »

There's a certain craving for a certain game I've been having for like. A long time now. And I haven't been able to find it anywhere, even on itch and such.

Hear me out: a fist-fighting game, but it's in first person... and that's it. Like, a sporty kind of a thing, maybe. You have to beat all the opponents to get to the top. They hit harder and go down slower/dodge more the higher in level/bracket you go. Hit, strong hit, block, dodge, that's it. Maybe a couple of fancier moves or finishers not to let it get too repetitive.

Sorta like if the brawling quest in Cyberpunk 2077 was a separate longer thing. Like, that's it.

It seems like SUCH a simple and not really original idea, but like... it does not exist, to my knowledge. First-person games prefer shooting or otherwise weapon using. Fighting games prefer third person and/or the classic fighting side view a-la Tekken. Rare first-person brawlers I did see seemed to involve like more of a plot and/or magic or whatever.

The closest thing I found is Super Gauntlet X on itch, but I got sorta frustrated with the hit box and with enemies ganging up on you - which is a cool mechanic, but not THE mechanic I was looking for.

And like, considering the ultra specific vision I seem to be having here, it's probably a sign for me to learn new skills and make it myself, but for now I still haven't got time to take on something like that  :tongue:

(If I ever do, however, at that point it would likely work as a tie-in for PoF, not gonna lie. They seem to be born from one and the same idea pool inside me.)

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023 @655.28 »

There's a game concept I had in my mind when I was initially getting the "horse game" nostalgia itch but before I had really finalized the idea of for my horse related shrine project, and I was doing research by reading blogs like The Mane Quest and inspiration struck for the kind of video game I'd love to make one day.

The basic idea was a game where part of the gameplay loop was taming wild horses in a fantasy world (with a vaguely wintery/scandanavian aesthetic), and each one would have a different personality, so you would have to lure them or catch them or whatever and take them back to the main town settlement to register them as your own, and each horse would have different abilities to traverse the world map (so you might have a horse that can climb rocks but can't traverse water, for example). There would also be special horses that work on "legendary pokemon" rules, so it would be kind of an optional "miniboss"-like challenge to successfully capture them or earn their trust. They'd have the most helpful abilities, like flight or teleportation

There was also a plotline, involving a dark winter that never ends (so the sun never comes up since it's up north, and monsters appear around the woods, so the player character Annika gets to do some cool sword fighting while out and about), and the player being sent to seal a bunch of magical wellsprings, tasked by the princess who Annika was once the stablehand/childhood friend of. Near the end, the player is bitten by a werewolf in a scripted event, and they discover that the virtuous princess that sent them to seal the springs was actually betraying them, and the player is exiled from human settlements. The player is stuck with their starting horse (Oskar the Norwegian Fjord, a horse design I ended up reusing for my horse-related shrine project) and would need to struggle with limited resources.

Around this time the player would discover the true nature of the monsters/trolls/fairies they've been fighting, and discover the "underlayer" of the map since having monster blood allows entrance into the underworld, which is a cute underground cave system where gnomes and other fantasy creatures live, while also gaining some unique advantages and challenges with the werewolf mechanic. And you can get spooky ghost horses and stuff...

Eventually the player is able to make the journey back to the princess's castle and challenge her in a boss fight to restore the springs and end the eternal night honorably, restoring the balance of magic etc etc. There's a crucial moment where the princess tries to trample the player with her horse, but since the player was the former stablehand and helped to raise that horse, it refuses to do it, and that's the moment where the princess is defeated and the player gets to see the sunrise and unlock the post-story freeplay and stuff.

I loosely reused a few concepts for my website project but there's still part of myself that wants to make this "epic fantasy horse-themed pokemon-like, but with every Cool Thing i could think of" game one day lol. It wasn't particularly organized, just me throwing "wouldn't it be cool if-" things into a google document

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023 @720.98 »

I love "walking simulator" games. Games that feel kinda jarring and unsettling, but don't actually have any horrific monsters or anything, maybe a few spooks here and there, but no actual danger/threat.

I was thinking about a first person game where you're the night shift at a fairly big hotel. The hotel is super quiet, barely any guests. You can sit on the office computer, playing solitaire, and you have to do certain chores through the night. Like, doing your rounds to check the corridors and stuff. It should give you a sort of liminal feel, but not necessarily in a backroom kind of way - just like, empty hotel corridors, an empty restaurant, a hotel kitchen where the lights are turned off, a closed bar, etc. There could be so many different areas to check out, maybe some interactive stuff here and there. Probably sounds stupid and like there's no real purpose, but whatever. I like those kind of games. Just exploring a quiet hotel, maybe you get a bit spooked by a phone ringing in your reception area, but from an empty room, maybe stuff is moved sometimes, or a fuse blows somewhere etc. But there's no real threat, just the creepy feel you'd get IRL.
It should also have like, christmas decorations up during december, like any proper hotel would, haha.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2023 @952.93 »

I once attempted to make a visual novel! I have one that I finished under my belt now, but the first one I tried out ended up falling through due to the programmer being a jerk... I had the whole script written out, a whole sprite set completed and everything.

It was essentially about an established couple, made of an angel and a demon. It followed them as they took each other to their respective homes (Heaven and Hell), in an attempt to try and convince the other to become their species. It had heavy themes of religious guilt, self-repression and being true to one's self.

I'm still rather attached to the idea, and plan to complete the project in some form soon! Whether that form still be a visual novel remains to be seen.

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Scootarooni
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: scootarooni
iMood: scootarooni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2023 @908.11 »

I really like horror games and rhythm games, so I've had this idea of combining them for quite awhile now. It would be heavily inspired by real virtual singers/voice synths like Hatsune Miku and the cryptonloids, but with it's own original voice synths (made using UTAU)...and the game itself would be an actual game in it's own universe if that makes sense?

It starts off like a regular rhythm game: you're given a selection of songs and difficulty levels you can play them at. The more you progress and get better scores, the more points you get to unlock more songs, CGs, as well as other bits and bobs to maybe customize your menu or maybe there is a sort of mini game where you can customize a space or give gifts to these virtual idols.

However, the game would keep track of which idols you give gifts to and which songs and CGs you unlock. If you have been giving more attention to any of the idols that aren't the main girl, the game would start glitching. Certain songs sung by the other idols would disappear or would only be available to play on the hardest difficulty, the CGs would get more glitched or grotesque, etc.

I was thinking a lot about vocaloid songs like The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku, The Confusion of Hatsune Miku , Sadistic.Music∞Factory, Odds and Ends and Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru!!. Basically all these beloved songs that depict Miku being fully aware she is just an instrument. A virtual idol's gray area between immortality and mortality is interesting to me and horror seems like kind of the perfect way to explore it?

The main idol of this game would be aware she is technically immortal, but can only truly "exist" so long as people are making songs using her voice. So she'd get a liiiiittle upset if you gave the other idols more attention (aka go a bit crazy and break the game until she's the only one left)

Unfortunately, I'm not a great writer and I don't know much about game design, so this is all a pipe dream living rent free in my head. I did design the idols that would appear in the game, though! Because at the very least I can draw lol

Spoiler

This is Hana/Yamada Hanako, the main girl

And here is Hana and the rest of the idols. This doodle is from may of last year lol

[close]

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2023 @199.41 »

I only have a vague idea of the specifics of the story or characters (mostly because I have no experience with game development and likely won't for a very long time), but I've always thought about making a fake children's point and click from the late 90's/early 2000's. Something in a similar vein to the Humongous Entertainment games (Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, Putt Putt, etc). The world is very cartoony and fun, but the characters within end up finding out that their game is lost media. Older games are steadily becoming impossible to play as computer systems upgrade and evolve (unless they get a remaster, of course), so that's a major factor in the plot and their entire world will blink out of existence once the game becomes unplayable. It'd be a very existential story about these characters trying to cope with the end and learning their lives are dangling by a thread.

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2023 @87.89 »

i've always wanted to make a yume nikki-inspired game with RPG maker or something, the premise being exploring my dream worlds.
due to Funny Mental Health i had really, really frequent and vivid dreams as a kid, resulting in some real interesting stuff. I think the fact that i was so young and having these kind of messed up dreams is what reminded me of yume nikki, but i'd also want to add my own kind of spin on the game. Probably with some sort of music aspect.

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024 @696.66 »

I'd like to see a JRPG where the final boss is a frustrated wage slave who wants to end all of existence because they think it's the only way to end capitalism.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 2093
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 265
Views: 26533
Last post July 10, 2024 @965.09
by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 2131
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi