Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @996.54
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  American Hero


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: American Hero  (Read 3317 times)
Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: Spring, 27 Mar 2022 @701 » Toggle Font Embed

I stumbled across this game that people here might be interested in.

American Hero was a game originally developed for the Atari Jaguar CD, and was supposed to give FMV games a new breath of life, and play like a choose-your-own-adventure book, rather than try to mimic a more fast paced game. The Jaguar CD was discontinued before the game could be finished, but it was restored and remastered in 2021, and released on GOG as well as consoles.

I personally love this game! I'm a huge fan of cheesy 90s FMV, and gaming history, so this was right up my alley! There are loads of different paths and different things to discover. Only issue is the cutscenes are unskippable...

If you've ever played Bandersnatch, it's a lot like that, but more primitive. I think if the game came out when it was supposed it, it would perhaps seen as a stepping stone towards that kind of game. Though would most definitely be forgotten because who on earth owned a Jaguar CD?

It's obviously not going to be for everyone, but if you enjoy cheesy FMV games, you'll love this!

Anyway, here's the trailer:


« Last Edit: Spring, 27 Mar 2022 @702 by Cobra! » Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
easy_breezy
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


PonPon
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: hax_man

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 28 Mar 2022 @193 » Embed

I just started watching the Rerez video on that game. I should finish it though, it was the middle of school hours when I watched it

Logged

So I was at the cash register when I realized, I GOT NO MONEY. I was seriously broke.
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe