Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @334.49 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello from manyface!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello from manyface!  (Read 580 times)
manyface
Casual Poster ⚓︎

the pieces of the puzzle are waiting!

StatusCafe: manyface
iMood: manyface

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: December 25, 2023 @546.60 »

hi, i'm jáščer! i'm the host of a system called manyface.

our body is 24 and we are white russian people living in the uk. we are various flavours of gay and trans, and also are autistic. while we have different interests, we are all really into art and writing! we make poetry which we perform at open mic nights, lots of abstract art, some other kinds of art, and are into taking photos.

our other "collective" hobbies/interests are reading, listening to music, blogging, webweaving/webmastery, conlangs, ocs, religious studies, embroidery and other crafts, jewellery, nature, and mathematics.

a fun fact about us is that the name "manyface" was chosen because it is a direct translation of "polyhedron" from the ancient greek, and polyhedra are what got us into maths when we were six! we have a bachelor's degree in maths, so that interest has endured, even though i never want to be in higher education again lmao.

the kind of fiction that we like tends to be psychological, symbolic, strange, and with elements of sci-fi and horror genres.

our website is manyface world! we're pretty new to webweaving/webmastery/the indie web, so it's definitely a work in progress. however, we really love it, and are super hyperfixated on it at the current moment. we didn't know that online could be extremely fun, but it actually is!

now, i'm going to talk a bit about me, since i'm going to be the main person posting here.

my name means "big lizard" in russian and i love lizards very much. i am a lizard! you could call it being a scalie, or being otherkin, but i just call it being me.

the flavours of gay and trans that i personally am are asexual, bisexual, and multigender/genderfluid.

i really like reading translated fiction, especially modern japanese literature. my favourite kinds of music are non-mainstream electronica: mostly progressive stuff and dnb. i also really like listening to touhou arranges. my favourite anime is the newest gundam (the witch from mercury). i really want to watch more gundam, but i can never find the time because i'm constantly making art.

i already said that we make a lot of abstract art, but it really is my favourite thing to do. abstract art saved me and made me the person i am, and i am forever grateful to it. long live abstraction! i guess my favourite thing about it is the freedom and power to make absolutely anything, to say "look, this is what i am and this is what i feel. if you don't like it, you don't have to understand, but if you care enough to see the beauty, you will be rewarded with love and inspiration".

that's kind of how i feel about the indie web too: making a personal website is comforting and freeing in a very similar way!

now, if you've read this far, can i ask you to comment your favourite song? it doesn't matter if it's nowhere near my favourite genres, because i appreciate all music. i'll be sure to listen and tell you what i think!

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023 @744.10 »

hullo! I just checked out your site, and WOW. It's amazing!!!!
I love the gallery, i was hoping to do something like that for my own art eventually. I love your art, especially the abstract stuff -- the bright colors and fun patterns remind me of my own artistic process, and it's really comforting.
Also, if you ever want to talk about music, i would love to! i also enjoy dnb, although that's just a tiny sliver of the ginormous pie that is my music taste  :ha:  :ha:

manyface
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023 @154.34 »

hullo! I just checked out your site, and WOW. It's amazing!!!!
I love the gallery, i was hoping to do something like that for my own art eventually. I love your art, especially the abstract stuff -- the bright colors and fun patterns remind me of my own artistic process, and it's really comforting.
Also, if you ever want to talk about music, i would love to! i also enjoy dnb, although that's just a tiny sliver of the ginormous pie that is my music taste  :ha:  :ha:

omg thank you so much!! you should totally make a gallery of your art, it's fun and it's nice to look back on it like "wow i made all of this stuff! a veritable EXHIBIT!" thank you for your compliments on our abstract art :D i'm glad you find it nice and fun and interesting to look at !!!

hell yeah let's talk about music!! i took a look at your site (and followed you on neocities) and i also like vkei! although admittedly i only really know the gazette... my fav song by them is fadeless! what's your fav dnb song?

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023 @166.46 »

although admittedly i only really know the gazette... my fav song by them is fadeless! what's your fav dnb song?
oooo thats tough... if i had to go classic, then really anything by DJ Marky but especially Deep In My Heart. For more experimental stuff, I really like NANORAY-- they're definitely genrebending and i like the mix between hardcore and DNB.

The Gazette is good! I really liked listening to them during the fall semester. Currently being held in a chokehold by a Plastic Tree hyperfixation lmao

manyface
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023 @695.53 »

oooo thats tough... if i had to go classic, then really anything by DJ Marky but especially Deep In My Heart. For more experimental stuff, I really like NANORAY-- they're definitely genrebending and i like the mix between hardcore and DNB.

The Gazette is good! I really liked listening to them during the fall semester. Currently being held in a chokehold by a Plastic Tree hyperfixation lmao

somehow i was unfamiliar with all 3 of those artists! i listened to an album each, except i listened to more dj marky songs than the album i chose because i liked him a lot. my fav song by him was mystic sunset. nanoray is nice too, but not really my thing. the plastic tree album i chose was インク and it was so beautiful and sad. idk i found it super moving and i got really sad (unrelated to the music) and found it just. excellent music to cry to. especially the penultimate track, the 12 minute one. it was wonderful and so heartwrenching.

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023 @351.15 »

the plastic tree album i chose was インク and it was so beautiful and sad
they tend to have that effect on people lol
yeah part of the reason i love them so much is that I feel like their music goes straight to the heart. iirc tefutefu is on that album, which imo sounds exactly how being sad feels. They're just able to capture emotion so well.
That album is more heavy, if you want to listen to some of their more thrashy/punk stuff i recommend their album Puppet Show, which is my personal favorite (but still has some of those hard-hitting sad songs).
as you can see i am totally normal about this band :ziped:
if you want to talk about them more feel free to reach out on my spacehey ims or smth :ha: :ha:

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023 @215.81 »

you should totally make a gallery of your art, it's fun and it's nice to look back on it like "wow i made all of this stuff! a veritable EXHIBIT!
Figured you might want to know, I just uploaded the first part of my gallery to my site! It's only the stuff in my current sketchbook as my others are at school. It was definitely very satisfying putting it together:omg:

manyface
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023 @816.32 »

Figured you might want to know, I just uploaded the first part of my gallery to my site!

woah!!! that's awesome, i can really feel the creative freedom in your works!! like, your work gives off the vibe of "i am making this just for me to get my feelings on the paper" and that's really great!!! it makes me smile to look at your drawings, even if they aren't happy.

manyface
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2023 @768.03 »

if you want to listen to some of their more thrashy/punk stuff i recommend their album Puppet Show, which is my personal favorite (but still has some of those hard-hitting sad songs).
as you can see i am totally normal about this band :ziped:
if you want to talk about them more feel free to reach out on my spacehey ims or smth :ha: :ha:

i listened to puppet show yesterday, it was great!! i will definitely be listening 2 more plastic tree :0 unfortunately i don't have a spacehey :')

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024 @102.96 »

i listened to puppet show yesterday, it was great!! i will definitely be listening 2 more plastic tree :0 unfortunately i don't have a spacehey :')

tbh i forgot that the forums had pms  :drat: so you could just pm me too lmao. but i'm so glad you liked puppet show!! it's such a great album.  :ha:  :ha:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi