Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @410.67 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Rising from the depths to say hi

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rising from the depths to say hi  (Read 589 times)
leviathren
Newbie ⚓︎

:)

StatusCafe: leviathren

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« on: January 07, 2024 @323.33 »

Hello,

I've been lurking here on and off for a few months and I think it's time to post an introduction now that I'm replying to posts.

I am known as Leviathren (he/she). You can shorten/nickname that however you want. I am gay and Chinese (insert Catalina Cheng's "You Are Gay And Chinese" lion dancer vase here).

Some of my hobbies are:
  • :pc:
    website building
    :pc:
  • reading
  • learning bass guitar (with very little discipline)
  • skateboarding/biking/rollerblading
  • DIY customizing/accessorizing my things
  • making clay sculptures
  • art (I drew the fairy in my pfp)

I like collecting shells, interesting rocks, CD's, and hobbies. I enjoy many genres of music (currently working on a music page for my site) but I really love goth music and am looking for recommendations.

I got into coding around 2019/2020 by messing with tumblr themes, and I heard about neocities now and then but didn't look further into it because I thought it required far more coding knowledge than I possessed. One day I was on Cohost and came across momo's post about its site (heavenonline.xyz)(<--flickering warning) and I was entranced by the artistry and uniqueness, unlike anything there is on corporate, mainstream social media. That night I was pulled down the Web Revival rabbit hole and have been building my own site since.

While I feel most represented by dark aesthetics and visual distortions, I value inclusivity and strive to reduce/combine these properties with accessibility so that my site can be comfortably viewed by all.

Thank you for reading and allowing me some time in your mind. Good to meet you in advance.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024 @324.84 by leviathren » Logged

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024 @409.02 »

welcome to the forum. i particularly like The Jaws of Life and Don't Dream It; if you're happy to share, what was your inspiration behind both?

it's cool to see somebody else who's participated in a 32bit.cafe event! you've got a real knack for designing sites that look - to me - very gothpunk.

what sort of things have you DIY'd?
alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

i <3 tadashi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024 @821.15 »

Hey! Welcome to Melonland! Hope you're having fun here so far :ha:
i am also learning bass guitar and it is also with very little discipline lol.
insert Catalina Cheng's "You Are Gay And Chinese" lion dancer vase here
lol I love catalina cheng's artwork sm! it's so silly :ok:

leviathren
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024 @486.77 »

The Jaws of Life and Don't Dream It; if you're happy to share, what was your inspiration behind both?

Hello! Thank you so much, The Jaws of Life sketch is sort of an annotation/shrine of one of Pierce The Veil's songs: The Jaws Of Life (also the name of their latest album). I saw the live debut of that song and it made me love the song even more and inspires a lot of emotion in me, so I was sort of free-styling and scribbling whatever came to mind while I was listening to it.

Don't Dream It was inspired by a few things, mainly being the reoccurring eye motif in Little Nightmares I and II, the dream-like dimension inside The Tower in Little Nightmares II, and the phenomenon of sleep paralysis demons. I'm fascinated with any mysterious lore that involves either not seeing, or being able to see something hidden or important.

you've got a real knack for designing sites that look - to me - very gothpunk.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear this, thank youu. Gothpunk is my new favorite descriptor someone's used to describe my stuff.

what sort of things have you DIY'd?

I've DIY'd clothing by altering thrifted/second hand items, or items that I owned myself and outgrew either in size or taste, I make my own pins out of bottlecaps sometimes, DIY patches, jewelry, charms and skulls made from clay, anything crafty or punk really!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

leviathren
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2024 @488.60 »

Hello and thank you!

i am also learning bass guitar and it is also with very little discipline lol.
Lol it's a challenge for sure, I've never really fully learned an instrument.

And cool to see another Catalina Cheng enjoyer!

j
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024 @87.84 »

Quote from: leviathren
an annotation/shrine of one of Pierce The Veil's songs: The Jaws Of Life (also the name of their latest album)

haven't heard of them before, i'll have to give them a listen!

reoccurring eye motif in Little Nightmares I and II

i can see that now! i've only played Little Nightmares II, but you've really captured the spookiness of feeling like you're being watched.

Gothpunk is my new favorite descriptor someone's used to describe my stuff.

you're welcome!

I make my own pins out of bottlecaps sometimes, DIY patches, jewelry, charms and skulls made from clay, anything crafty or punk really!

that's cool! i like to DIY myself, too - glad to meet someone else who likes making stuff from bottlecaps! i've been meaning to get more into woodwork to make my own jewelry and charms; is clay your favorite medium to work with?
leviathren
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024 @441.25 »

i've been meaning to get more into woodwork to make my own jewelry and charms; is clay your favorite medium to work with?

that sounds really cool, i'd love to get into woodworking one day. and i wouldn't say clay is my favorite, but it's definitely one of the more accessible ones of my crafting hobbies because all i need is water and the clay to make something, so it's much easier for me to start a project on a whim.

what kinds of things do you make from bottlecaps?

j
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024 @310.86 »

i wouldn't say clay is my favorite, but it's definitely one of the more accessible ones of my crafting hobbies because all i need is water and the clay to make something, so it's much easier for me to start a project on a whim.

i've been wanting to get into extracting clay from the ground and hand processing it, but i live in an area where digging in random spots is likely to get you fined. oh well :(

recently i've been making a few things from bottlecaps! a friend of mine's a biker and anarchist, and likes to wear his cut everywhere, so i figured making a few "medals" with some cloth and bottlecaps branded with various patterns would be pretty cool for him!

i've also been thinking of using them as a medium for comics! if i have a set of caps with somewhat sequential designs, it'd be cool to be able to do a CYOA comic where you rearrange the bottlecaps!
leviathren
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024 @34.19 »

extracting clay and making your own material sounds really cool! i do wonder what regulations exist around that where i'm at too.

making a few "medals" with some cloth and bottlecaps branded with various patterns
that'd be really cool! im sure he'd love it

i've never thought of using bottlecaps as a medium for comics, that's so creative

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi