Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @350.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Translations

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Translations  (Read 1272 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: January 16, 2024 @15.67 »

:dog:  :dog:  :dog: Translations :dog:  :dog:  :dog:

Currently, the forum is testing some translations! This thread is dedicated to posts related to that!

Currently, we are testing: French - it can be selected from your forum account settings!

Please note the forum will be very broken in other languages!

If you're interested in working on a translation to a language other than French below, feel free to let me know, but please be aware no work on other languages will start until we've played around with the first one and figured out how viable it is to do!

(Also posts should still always be in English, this is just for forum UI)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Marcellus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Rance Baise Ouais !!

iMood: Marcellus

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024 @959.48 »

Hey ! The french UI seems to be working fine, however I've noticed a few bugs in the icons, see pics :

top_icons.png
Those are the icons at the top, it seems their alt text is displayed, and it should be "Entrée" instead of "Entrance"

cite.png
Those are the cite and multiquote icons

reply.png
Those are the icons at the top and bottom of reply threads that usually read 'leave a reply' 'notify' 'send topic' 'print topic'

I think the translation might be messing with filenames  :dunno:

Do you think I should also report broken translations to Simple Machine ?
Edit: Oh no I messed up insertions, I'll just refer to the file names  :drat:

* reply.png (109.65 kB, 1257x172 - viewed 17 times.)

* top_icons.png (110.79 kB, 1278x226 - viewed 15 times.)

* cite.png (8.1 kB, 671x245 - viewed 18 times.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024 @961.08 by Marcellus » Logged

"Sometimes I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
- Flash McQueen
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024 @960.83 »

:dog:  :dog:  :dog: Translations :dog:  :dog:  :dog:

Currently, the forum is testing some translations! This thread is dedicated to posts related to that!

Currently, we are testing: French - it can be selected from your forum account settings!

Please note the forum will be very broken in other languages!

If you're interested in working on a translation to a language other than French below, feel free to let me know, but please be aware no work on other languages will start until we've played around with the first one and figured out how viable it is to do!

(Also posts should still always be in English, this is just for forum UI)

Can i help translate the forum too?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024 @962.79 »

I think the translation might be messing with filenames
All of those image-buttons are custom for this forum, so they all need to be re-made for a new language ^^ I expected this.

you think I should also report broken translations to Simple Machine
The Quote system is also custom for this forum, so that's something I'd need to fix here; ist not an SFM bug, just us!

In general, every bit of custom work on the forum is only in English, so any English you see is something I added ^^

Can i help translate the forum too?
Sure ^^

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024 @963.91 »

Sure ^^

Alright, when and how do i translate the forum?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024 @967.45 »

when and how do i translate the forum?

If you can use an image editor to modify the text in these to convert the words to the correct French versions that would be helpful! (You've gotta do it like pixel art, resizing the button width, imitating the style of each letter or reorganising the letters pixel by pixel - I don't think there is any font to do this, but if you find one you can use that instead)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024 @969.11 by Melooon » Logged

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024 @968.63 »

If you can use an image editor to modify the text in these to convert the words to the correct French versions that would be helpful! (You've gotta do it like pixel art, resizing the button width, imitating the style of each letter or reorganising the letters pixel by pixel - I don't think there is any font to do this, but if you find one you can use that instead)

Oh i was thinking of doing the spanish translation, but i think i can do that  :ok:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2024 @969.83 »

i was thinking of doing the spanish translation, but i think i can do that
As I said in the first post; we are only doing French to start with to see how much work it is; after that we can try others.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024 @976.37 »

but i think i can do that
Wait don't do this! Im being a fool :drat: I was able to dig up pre-translated versions from the SMF archive; the only one that needs to be done is Multi Quote

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024 @986.57 »

ah dangit i already made one -_- but can you send the pretranslated version of "quote" so i can try to translate multi-quote?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024 @990.49 »

can you send the pretranslated version of "quote" so i can try to translate multi-quote?
You can dig it out of the Themes/Classic/images folder on here! https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-21_french.zip

DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024 @7.30 »

You can dig it out of the Themes/Classic/images folder on here! https://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_1-1-21_french.zip

Alright so i made these french localized icons in GIMP just now, dont know how accurate these are but hopefully these will work fine

* multi_citer.gif (0.59 kB, 74x22 - viewed 89 times.)

* citer.gif (0.38 kB, 47x22 - viewed 86 times.)

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024 @10.66 »

so i made these french localized icons
Looks great :grin: - If you can spot any other missing translations around the forum that would be handy too

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2024 @809.00 »

ow, dont know how accurate these are but hopefully these will work fine
If you still have the files; I forgot the inverted multi-quote one!

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2024 @949.99 »

Hey, any chance I can do translations of the UI into Scots and Scottish Gaelic? :ozwomp:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi