Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @836.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 84/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  glass beach - plastic death

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: glass beach - plastic death  (Read 204 times)
skullmadeofplastic
Newbie ⚓︎

the ipod brothers volumeup and playbutton

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 20, 2024 @28.44 »

Spotify  :smile: Bandcamp  :smile: YouTube

Glass Beach's new album "plastic death" is out!! Ive seen them mentioned on here a few times and on some Surf Club websites so I wanted to share!! If you don't know who glass beach is already, they're a 5th wave emo rock band who experiment w/ instruments a lot. Some of their tracks are very digital, some very traditional acoustic guitar-drums-bass format, and some chiptune stuff. I feel like when describing the contents of lyrics always sounds generic, but they sing about mental illness and queer themes, with a lot of weird metaphors for everything.

I like to listen to things for a few days or weeks and simmering in it for a while before, BUT here are my first thoughts! I liked how different J's style of vocals are on here; The first glass beach album already had a great variety of singing styles, so I didn't expect to hear even more different styles - I almost didn't think it was J at some parts. The extremely low almost-whisper vocals contrasted by full on screaming made me LOSE IT!!!!!!! The lyrics too on this album!!!!! This album is very imagery heavy, especially creatures - fish, ghosts, insects, mammals, everything. I can tell learning these songs to sing will be so fun and when they release the bass and guitar parts too I will have a FIELD DAY. The style is very different from their first album and I can see some people being put off by that, but I think they executed the new concepts they tried incredibly well :3

In 2021 at their show in Denver, they played all of the songs they had planned for this album! I'd like to go through my footage of the concert and compare them to the final songs - see which ones are new, which got dropped, if any got merged together. If you like glass beach, you should totally check out their google drive of their demos and sheet music :) Its super cool to see how songs have changed from conception to completion. The lead singer, J, once said something in the first albums documentary about how she could work on a song forever and eventually just has to stop herself and I can really see that in the demos haha.

My username is actually inspired by a glass beach song too - Bone skull. That phrase me think "bone skull? as opposed to plastic?" which I shortened to skullmadeofplastic. I love glass beach haha I saw them in 2021 & will see them again this March :0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2024 @35.75 by skullmadeofplastic » Logged

Dibs
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Save the cheerleader, save the world!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024 @35.09 »

I've been listening to it while scrolling through this forum! I like the sound of this one, even if it doesn't have as many high-energy/'banger' tracks as glass beach. I think this is one to relisten to as an album rather than pick out specific tracks. The exception, of course, being The CIA, which has been on my playlists since it came out. Plastic death is all vibes, all the time, with no stopping, and I respect that. I haven't been using headphones so it's basically been impossible to make out the lyrics on the first pass, but once the lyrics are up on spotify I'll have another go round with headphones to get every bit of it.

Clear Skies!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Death Generator

Started by wrisBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 802
Last post August 02, 2022 @337.49
by dantescanline
Do you like death note?

Started by JackFrostBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 16
Views: 1347
Last post March 07, 2024 @830.49
by Diggon
The Home of Flint (TW: dog death, memorial page)

Started by HayleyMulchBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 685
Last post April 12, 2023 @8.38
by HayleyMulch

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi