Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @729.76 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 72/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  this takes me back

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: this takes me back  (Read 283 times)
hex
Newbie ⚓︎

🖤he/him🖤

StatusCafe: hex

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 01, 2024 @974.98 »

...to circa 2009 when I didn't know what to write in my forum intros either. Which is 99% of the reason I signed up forever ago but didn't write one until now.

Since then I went through a gender change (I use he/him pronouns), a name change (you can call me "hex") and a rotating set of interests that always, however, included iconic New Jersey emo band My Chemical Romance

I do technically have a website over at neocities, but it's currently Very Empty. I pinky promise to remedy this soon.

I also hang out at the 32-bit café and on the fediverse (mostly on mastodon), trying to find a balance between getting my internet fix and not letting screens and the corporate web consume my life. I've read "Digital Minimalism" by Cal Newport and that's what I'm trying to do rn.

I'm probably some type of neurodivergent but I've decided I don't care about knowing which, I'm focusing on loving myself and my quirks after decades of trying to pass as normie. I'm as queer as it gets. Once upon a time I majored in linguistics (and it took me forever and a couple of breakdowns to do so). I firmly believe life was better when I logged in from a desktop computer in a dedicated room to read slash fanfiction instead of getting mobile push notifications from LinkedIn and I'm trying to get that back.

I seem to remember I'd come up with a very clever phrase to close my intros back when Blingee was still a thing, but it seems to be lost to the sands of time and my shitty memory. So goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!

💀“You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime.”💀
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024 @1.00 »

Hi hex; I also started with strong nostalgic feelings towards BB-Boards here :).
I can strongly relate to your desire of holding the latent internet addiction in check - have fun here!

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024 @919.21 »

hello hello hex!! my friends were (are!) huge mcr fans, too lol. woo!

intro posts on forums were always brutal to write, lmao idk why. i have a harder time writing those than a dang job application lmao xD anyway WELCOME!!  :happy:  :pc:  :4u:

hex
Newbie ⚓︎

🖤he/him🖤

StatusCafe: hex

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024 @691.50 »

Thanks for the welcome everyone :ozwomp:

💀“You get what anybody gets - you get a lifetime.”💀
Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024 @451.67 »

Hello there ! Feel free to make yourself home  :cheerR:

It seems that a good bunch of MelonLanders are on the same wavelength towards reducing screens/corporations stuff, I'm glad to see more people looking for this kind of life !
bear
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Funny how words can be so open to interpretation.

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024 @150.10 »

Hi Hex, welcome to the forums! Question from a fellow former emo kid, what's your favorite MCR song?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi