Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @58.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 22/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 942.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | | |-+  Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Beetlejuice Beetlejuice  (Read 969 times)
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« on: April 10, 2024 @542.22 »

:dl:  :dl:

I made sure to check there wasn't already a thread for this! Is anyone here excited about the Beetlejuice sequel? (if not why if yes why?) :)

I have a lifelong obsession and hyper fixation over the ghost with the most. I'd been anticipating a sequel for 20+ years and started to believe it would simply never happen, until there were leaks last year showing the production of the now confirmed movie.

I have some cognitive dissonance on it, of course I am nervous it can't live up to the original but then perhaps I shouldn't go into it expecting the same sort of magic. It's just amazing and magical that my most cherished movie is being revived in this continuation. To see Keaton back in the BJ persona was a joy I can't even articulate.

I am interested if anyone else has any opinions either way?  :cheesy:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2024 @595.90 »

Beetlejuice has always stood out to me for having one of the few mainstream depictions of a house decorated with Memphis Group inspired furniture!

I hope they keep that style because it was super radical and on-point for them to use it when the original movie came out and it would be really interesting to see a modern take on it. It's also fun because the style was originally supposed to be anti-designer design, but in the movie, they flip it into a sort of nightmare super-designery vibe.

I'm always a bit apprehensive about follow-up movies, particularly when the culture that made the original has changed so much, but I think there's a lot of potential for them to do some fun stuff with this one  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

BRING ON THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: magneticbat

View Profile WWW

Certified MagnetJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2024 @759.78 »

I love beetlejuice! I loved the musical on broadway a couple years ago and I always thought the movie was the sheeeiiiitttt! I didn't know there was a sequel coming! How exciting!!!

Do we know the plot yet? Anything different? :omg:

Smile, Mephiskapheles loves you.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024 @809.58 »

I love beetlejuice! I loved the musical on broadway a couple years ago and I always thought the movie was the sheeeiiiitttt! I didn't know there was a sequel coming! How exciting!!!

Do we know the plot yet? Anything different? :omg:

It's weird, despite loving the spin off cartoon series I could never bring myself to like (or watch) the musical. I think it's because it felt (to me) too far removed from what the 'Keatlejuice' version was all about. But it's cool the musical existed to expand the character and the lore.

From what I've gathered thus far the plot of the sequel will revolve around Lydia and Delia going back to Winter River after an unexpected family tragedy - though now Lydia has a kid, and said kid somehow manages to let the Beetlejuice loose by finding him hidden in the Maitland's old model. The only other thing I know for sure is that Beetlejuice has a wife now and sadly the Maitland's are not going to be present.

I am excited to see how certain things are explained and elaborated on, especially Beetlejuice's origins which are apparently going to be expanded on through this sequel.

Needless to say, I am very excited.

Beetlejuice has always stood out to me for having one of the few mainstream depictions of a house decorated with Memphis Group inspired furniture!

I hope they keep that style because it was super radical and on-point for them to use it when the original movie came out and it would be really interesting to see a modern take on it. It's also fun because the style was originally supposed to be anti-designer design, but in the movie, they flip it into a sort of nightmare super-designery vibe.

I'm always a bit apprehensive about follow-up movies, particularly when the culture that made the original has changed so much, but I think there's a lot of potential for them to do some fun stuff with this one  :grin:

I also loved the Memphis-Milano aesthetic present a lot in the older movie and do hope that sort of look and feel continues with this one. Infact one of the most appealing things about the original movie (apart from Beetlejuice himself) was the design and atmosphere of the movie and the house etc.

Tim Burton and Michael Keaton have both said in separate interviews that the look, feel and vibe of the first movie - along with the characters and their energy, will be familiar and present. They essentially did everything they could to keep it on par with the first one - they have claimed. So my optimism is up  :blush:

It's out this year, September 5th so much excitement!

McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024 @825.25 »

It's weird, despite loving the spin off cartoon series I could never bring myself to like (or watch) the musical. I think it's because it felt (to me) too far removed from what the 'Keatlejuice' version was all about. But it's cool the musical existed to expand the character and the lore.
Oh for sure it's weird. I don't consider it related to the movie at all. But it was weird and it was queer and creepy, so I enjoyed it. Hahahahaha
I am excited to see how certain things are explained and elaborated on, especially Beetlejuice's origins which are apparently going to be expanded on through this sequel.
Oh sweeeeeeet!

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024 @827.49 »

I don't really know why I've never given it a chance... is it online anywhere or is it purely something you have to go and see at the theatre? (I am not sure if it's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show in that it has the movie version and the theatre version etc)

But I kinda wanna give it a chance now, I like the idea of a more queer Beetlejuice setting :D

McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024 @655.44 »

Dunno if im allowed to share a link but I will for sure hit u up with a bootleg if i find one. AFAIK theres no true "movie" for it.
I really do love how weird and slightly gay it is though. They kept BJ's offputting-ness and strangeness to good use. Also, it's funny as hell. I was truly obsessed with it when it was around hahahhaa.
But of course it has it's own... bad moments. Ghahahhaha

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024 @683.73 »

I think as long as Beetlejuice is his same gross, mischievous, imp-like and slightly flirty self I will be happy! I wonder if anyone has just uploaded their footage of the theatre play anywhere, I need to have a look  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

I don't normally spend a lot of money on things but I actually pre-ordered this (it's great cos the site offers you a payment plan where you can pay $50 a month till November to afford it) and I am EXTATIC that this will be mine by xmas!

MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2024 @137.28 »

Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies and, like most of Burton's early work, has had a huge influence me and my taste, but I've been so burned by his modern stuff that I feel like I shouldn't let myself get too excited. I'm worried it's gonna go the route of most legacy sequels and have no substance beyond endless callbacks to the original while failing to capture its original spirit. I really hope it doesn't, especially after hearing that they did stop motion animation for it.

But yeah, I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic despite that. From what I've heard, Burton seems pretty burnt out by the Hollywood system himself and is doing this movie to return to his roots. I'm not holding my breath (and that could all just be a load of bullshit), but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2024 @793.69 »

Beetlejuice is one of my favorite movies and, like most of Burton's early work, has had a huge influence me and my taste, but I've been so burned by his modern stuff that I feel like I shouldn't let myself get too excited. I'm worried it's gonna go the route of most legacy sequels and have no substance beyond endless callbacks to the original while failing to capture its original spirit. I really hope it doesn't, especially after hearing that they did stop motion animation for it.

But yeah, I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic despite that. From what I've heard, Burton seems pretty burnt out by the Hollywood system himself and is doing this movie to return to his roots. I'm not holding my breath (and that could all just be a load of bullshit), but I'm open to being pleasantly surprised.

I think I feel pretty much this sort of way too - 'cautiously optimistic' is how I'd describe my feelings on it for sure.

I can't help but want this to be amazing because Beetlejuice is everything to me lol. I need this sequel to not be bad!  :dive:

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2024 @937.07 »

I can't wait !! I've always loved Beetlejuice . When I was younger I would insist we watched it every other day. I hope that the sequel is actually decent and not just a cashgrab.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2024 @970.31 »

I can't wait !! I've always loved Beetlejuice . When I was younger I would insist we watched it every other day. I hope that the sequel is actually decent and not just a cashgrab.

Haha yes, same, I recall renting Beetlejuice and Labyrinth out from the local BlockBusters so much until my grandmother capitulated and bought me both on VHS. I think I watched my VHS copy of Beetlejuice so much I must have mangled the tape haha, and I was the same as you, I insisted perpetually to any adult that would allow me to take over the TV that I wanted to watch nothing but Beetlejuice lol.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024 @982.81 »

New trailer dropped, I've been obsessively watching it over and over... I notice that Monica Bellucci's character (who is supposed to be BJs wife) is missing a finger, which makes me think she is actually the wife mentioned in the original movie, rather than a new character! Which makes it much more interesting!

McMagnetic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2024 @643.32 »

OMG hahaha thats great
the trailer looks fairly promising!
I'm so excited!!!

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2024 @486.30 »

It's killing me waiting till September haha

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi