Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @917.95 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Dm limit?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dm limit?  (Read 577 times)
« on: April 20, 2023 @886.76 »

Why is there a dm limit of 20 an hour?

Is it because of hosting caps or something?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023 @892.74 »

I didn't know there was a limit until the forum warned me someone was hitting it earlier  :ok: The reason it would be there is to stop spammers in general - it also saves on email resources (the forum can only send 100 notification emails a day or else password resets will break)

May I ask what kind of conversation were you having? Would you consider sending longer messages instead of many short ones? Or would it be more appropriate to move it over to a messaging app like Discord if you're looking for a chat-like experience?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023 @792.62 »

I didn't know there was a limit until the forum warned me someone was hitting it earlier  :ok: The reason it would be there is to stop spammers in general - it also saves on email resources (the forum can only send 100 notification emails a day or else password resets will break)

May I ask what kind of conversation were you having? Would you consider sending longer messages instead of many short ones? Or would it be more appropriate to move it over to a messaging app like Discord if you're looking for a chat-like experience?

I was having a chat with (I think) 4 different users at a time here.

I usually say whatever is on my mind at the time making it much harder to write a longer sentence.

Plus, I haven't used Discord in 2 months or something due to lack of personal interest.

I assure you I am not a spammer. I just enjoy chatting lol.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023 @852.84 »

@Kitsune I noticed you have some sort of auto-reply switched on; usually and auto-reply is just for if you are away on holiday or no longer using the forum.. ssoooo every time someone messages you one of your loosing one of your messages because of the auto-reply, you might wanna turn that off to send more messages!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023 @853.56 »

@Kitsune I noticed you have some sort of auto-reply switched on; usually and auto-reply is just for if you are away on holiday or no longer using the forum.. ssoooo every time someone messages you one of your loosing one of your messages because of the auto-reply, you might wanna turn that off to send more messages!

I'll have you know I am on permanent vacation.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Should reading posts be limited to members?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 15
Views: 1428
Last post April 14, 2023 @587.40
by tarraxahum

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi