Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @216.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 34/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hello from Wales!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hello from Wales!  (Read 185 times)
Eunice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« on: July 23, 2024 @901.30 »

Hello! I haven't been on a forum in yonks. Okay, I'm Eunice, I live in west Wales, and I'm 63. Don't faint. I was around in the early 90's when everyone made a website of their own. Usually hosted by Geocities, or Fortunecity, or one of the seemingly hundreds of free webspace sites. Also, there were lots of groups for women, like The Gardenhouse, or Netsisters. There would be committees for welcoming new members, email lists to talk about websites, and all the help one needed to get a site made. It was a great time to be on the 'net.

But now everyone has gone to one of those awful so-called social media sites, where there is no sociability at all. Where everything looks identical. Cookie cutter websites. All the groups have gone. You can still find the occasional website still up and running. And there's the web archive.

I still make websites, am addicted to buying domains, and making webgraphics. My main site is Serennau. My sister bought the domain for me as a birthday present in 1999 and I've kept it going ever since. Am I too old for this forum? I tried Neocities, but felt rather out of place. Old enough to be everyone's Granny. Anyway, I'm here and I want to talk about websites!
xixxii
Full Member ⚓︎

they/them

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Web 1.0 Picture Size Expertthe xixxiiJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024 @990.28 »

welcome!! there are a lot of younger folks here, and i think the majority of the users are neocities people, but i don't think anyone is "too old" for melonland if they want to be here! (if you're interested in an adults-only webspace, though, there's the 32 bit cafe! still skews on the younger-adult side, i think, but it is 18+ at least. it is quite low-key and everyone is very nice!)

it's wonderful you've been keeping up with having your own website for so long! i wish there were more social groups on/around neocities and such; the webrings and pixel cliques that are around are cute, but usually not social. :sad:

it's so nice to see someone still making webgraphics! i like collecting and there's a lot of collection/reuse on neocities et cetera, but it's also always fun to see new stuff as well. i have such a big pile of tiled backgrounds i've edited, way more than i could ever use... there's something so fun about making web graphics for hypothetical sites! maybe someone else will find them helpful.

sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024 @35.43 »

welcome to melonland! :ozwomp:

i think it's really cool that you're into making graphics and webpages! clicking through your main site is really neat - i love how dedicated you are to it. the name serennau is really pretty :cheesy:

you're definitely not too old to be here! although i am in my early twenties, i totally understand feeling out of place among the neocities crowd (even then, i am still somewhat part of it :p). i was blown away -- especially when i first registered for spacehey -- to see just how young the web revival scene is. waaaaay more younger teenagers on there than i expected xD, but it's cool that the web revival has attracted so many across generations. i do hope that you'll feel at home here ^^

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024 @806.60 »

Hi Eunice! It's super cool to meet you, I will check your site out now!

I very much agree with you when it comes to social media, the irony is that it's the least 'social media' to come to the internet since forums and e-groups and chat programs etc. Facebook seems so lonely and sterile... just... yuk! 

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2024 @424.66 »

Hey Eunice ! Welcome to the Melonland Forum ! Glad to have someone like you around, it's always interesting to have different generations gathered in a same place ! I love your website deisgn  :transport:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi