Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @642.40 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  They Might Be Giants / TMBG !!!!!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: They Might Be Giants / TMBG !!!!!!  (Read 290 times)
Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

your local strange vocathing! ^_^

⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« on: August 02, 2024 @782.44 »

kind of surprised there isnt a forum for these guys yet .... im currently doing my full listen-through of their discography for the first time [ive heard a few of their albums before, they were just shuffled </3]! im on apollo 18 rn and it is quite whimsical as are the other albums ^_^ here are the songs ive added to my main playlist so far :3c

i forgot to add the songs from the pink album i liked so i did that just now HGFLADVFKJN the playlist my friend made of their discography [because spotify likes to put them in REVERSE chronological order like the poopooheads they are .....] doesnt include their kid stuff since its under a different spotify profile so maybe at one point ill listen to them. i am already VERY familiar with the here come the abcs/123s/science becaaauuussseeee those dvds were a part of my childhood ^_^ very epicsauce

okay so i got carried away with something else while typing this HGLADFKJVN im on john henry now ^_^

⚑ Moderators Note ⚑
Added full title to the topics name following forum guidelines! Feel free to remove this note
« Last Edit: August 02, 2024 @840.66 by Melooon » Logged

SPIRIT AND OPPORTUNITY REPEATS WITH EACH NEW ROVER !

noonbeam || gif by me :3
garystu
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024 @651.94 »

One of my favourite bands for a long time.

Got into them because of Homestar Runner. This song is from The Spine, if you're avoiding spoilers.
https://homestarrunner.com/toons/experimental-film

And while I'm on the topic of Flash animations, you should also watch the Fingertips Project. Its a fan made collaboration from the 00s. Its based on the song series from Apollo 18, so no spoilers here.
https://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/fingertips

Mostly into their late 90's-early 00's era, which isn't a surprise. Mink Car, The Spine, and The Else are just great man. I remember Doctor Worm from the telly, great song. I have a lot more opinions, too.

Seeing TMBG live in October!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024 @777.15 by garystu » Logged

gazafunds.com | Daily click for Palestine

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Signature Graphic ^^^ Credits
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024 @693.96 »

One of my favourite bands for a long time.

Got into them because of Homestar Runner. This song is from The Spine, if you're avoiding spoilers.
https://homestarrunner.com/toons/experimental-film

And while I'm on the topic of Flash animations, you should also watch the Fingertips Project. Its a fan made collaboration from the 00s. Its based on the song series from Apollo 18, so no spoilers here.
https://archive.org/details/the-fingertips-project

Mostly into their late 90's-early 00's era, which isn't a surprise. Mink Car, The Spine, and The Else are just great man. I remember Doctor Worm from the telly, great song. I have a lot more opinions, too.

Seeing TMBG live in October!!

ouuu awesome !!!!!!! i heard they were going on tour and now i wanna see them [especially since i just finished severe tire damage so HGFDKLVJN]. unfortunately theyre not touring near my city rn, maybe later ^_^ ive heard a bunch of songs already because i go to sleep with this database of stuff my parents have downloaded over the years. which includes my mom's tmbg collection of flood, john henry, join us, nanobots, and a few other assorted songs from other albums, so i have technically heard those albums but not in order 💔 [had it on shuffle] im almost done with long tall weekend so ill take a break to check out the fingertips project :3c

tallyhall
Casual Poster ⚓︎

funky! what a funky!

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: spookoku
PicMix: lemondemon

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024 @642.26 »

hey ... hey i know about these guys . !?!?
i've heard about them a lot in the Autistic Indie Scene but my personal experience with them comes from their here come science educational album that i listened to way more than i shouldve when i was little lol. what can i say, that paleontologist song is a straight banger. i think i also recall listening to some of the here comes the 123s album (specifically high five), but beyond that i haven't substantially listened to them post-childhood despite reaaaaally needing to lol

Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2024 @727.63 »

hey ... hey i know about these guys . !?!?
i've heard about them a lot in the Autistic Indie Scene but my personal experience with them comes from their here come science educational album that i listened to way more than i shouldve when i was little lol. what can i say, that paleontologist song is a straight banger. i think i also recall listening to some of the here comes the 123s album (specifically high five), but beyond that i haven't substantially listened to them post-childhood despite reaaaaally needing to lol

BASED FOREVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely loved those three albums as a kid. several years back i rewatched them all and my mom came into the room and started reciting the script in sync with john and john [it was during one of the transition bits] because my brother and i made her watch it sooo much HJFGLADFKJSVN also PALEONTOLOGIST AND HIGH FIVE WERE MY FAVORITE SONGS OFF THOSE TWO ALBUMS YAAAYYYYYY my brothers favorite was the why does the sun really shine song. he has been sending me this one video in discord dms which gets me every time ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKdSYxiCFjY also I KNOW YOU HELLO ??????????? compells you to look at your intro page again ........ ^_^

garystu
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2024 @760.67 »

re: noonbeam
Ah, so there's no need to warn for spoilers? Well, it was kind of tongue in cheek, so I won't do it again!!!!!!!

re: all

I think the fingertips project is imo the best and my favourite 00s-web tmbg fanwork. Its got some randomised visual elements, so if you liked it why not watch it again? But I'm getting ahead of myself. What did you think?

I can post more old tmbg shit, but I already posted the best so idk.

I don't know much about the kids music. I only know crusty old memes. hello, fellow kids i like your funny human toilet

You can play No! free online now as well. It was ported to the web.
https://jonuleis.com/tmbgno/

The pixel Johns from Science would later also make an appearance in one of the songs for adults.

They Might Be Giants - Push Back the Hands (Official Video)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024 @776.96 by garystu » Logged

xoxoxoxoxoxo
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2024 @779.93 »

re: noonbeam
Ah, so there's no need to warn for spoilers? Well, it was kind of tongue in cheek, so I won't do it again!!!!!!!

re: all

I think the fingertips project is imo the best and my favourite 00s-web tmbg fanwork. Its got some randomised visual elements, so if you liked it why not watch it again? But I'm getting ahead of myself. What did you think?

I don't know much about the kids music. I only know crusty old memes. hello, fellow kids i like your funny human toilet

You can play No! free online now as well. It was ported to the web.
https://jonuleis.com/tmbgno/

The pixel Johns from Science would later also make an appearance in one of the songs for adults.

They Might Be Giants - Push Back the Hands (Official Video)
i watched the fingertips project yesterday and its super cool .... seeing neil cicierega and andrew kepple there jumpscared me a bit HGDFKLJVGN also dont worry about the spoiler thing i still appreciated the warnings ^_^ im currently in the second half of nanobots so im in that final stretch ....... my friend who made the playlist didnt include the kids albums so im probably gonna check out no and why after ^_^ thanks for the link :3c[/font][/color]

garystu
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024 @804.75 »

i watched the fingertips project yesterday and its super cool .... seeing neil cicierega and andrew kepple there jumpscared me a bit HGDFKLJVGN also dont worry about the spoiler thing i still appreciated the warnings ^_^ im currently in the second half of nanobots so im in that final stretch ....... my friend who made the playlist didnt include the kids albums so im probably gonna check out no and why after ^_^ thanks for the link :3c

You should go through and watch Neil's old flash animutations, they're all very fun. Have you heard Neil Ciceriga's cover of Birdhouse? I agree with the popular consensus that its not as good as the original, but I'm still feeling it.

Lemon Demon - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Its been a few days, did you finish your listen through? Either way, which songs did you end up adding to your playlist? Any other thoughts or opinions?

The children's albums aren't my favourite part of their discography. In fact I kind of don't like them? I'm too old for kids music, I was too old for kids music when they came out, they're not for me. I have heard them all.

I think you should try the solo projects (State Songs/Mono Puff) next. I enjoy the Mono Puff ones a lot in general. I only like one song off State Songs, but I REALLY like it, its one of my absolute favourites.
but don't bias your own listening. the one song i like is...
South  Carolina. Its also a general fan favourite, so of course it's my pick. It's a bit mean/harsh to say State Songs has only one good song, but oh well.
[close]

I think its interesting how different fans of TMBG have very different opinions on which parts of their discography are good. Like, make up your own mind and such.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2024 @810.28 by garystu » Logged

xoxoxoxoxoxo
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024 @816.09 »

You should go through and watch Neil's old flash animutations, they're all very fun. Have you heard Neil Ciceriga's cover of Birdhouse? I agree with the popular consensus that its not as good as the original, but I'm still feeling it.

Lemon Demon - Birdhouse In Your Soul

Its been a few days, did you finish your listen through? Either way, which songs did you end up adding to your playlist? Any other thoughts or opinions?

The children's albums aren't my favourite part of their discography. In fact I kind of don't like them? I'm too old for kids music, I was too old for kids music when they came out, they're not for me. I have heard them all.

I think you should try the solo projects (State Songs/Mono Puff) next. I enjoy the Mono Puff ones a lot in general. I only like one song off State Songs, but I REALLY like it, its one of my absolute favourites.
but don't bias your own listening. the one song i like is...
South  Carolina. Its also a general fan favourite, so of course it's my pick. It's a bit mean/harsh to say State Songs has only one good song, but oh well.
[close]

I think its interesting how different fans of TMBG have very different opinions on which parts of their discography are good. Like, make up your own mind and such.

got around to watching the push back the hands mv, ouuu thats really cool ..... and yeah neils cover is pretty rough HGDIVJN but its still got the silly old neil charm :3c and yes, i actually finished the main tmbg discography this morning ^_^ here are the rest of the songs i added along with the above :3c [im on my tiny laptop rn so there are gonna be a lot of images </3]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2024 @819.32 by Noonbeam » Logged

garystu
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2024 @427.93 »

got around to watching the push back the hands mv, ouuu thats really cool ..... and yeah neils cover is pretty rough HGDIVJN but its still got the silly old neil charm :3c and yes, i actually finished the main tmbg discography this morning ^_^ here are the rest of the songs i added along with the above :3c [im on my tiny laptop rn so there are gonna be a lot of images </3]

Good picks.
I mean Doctor Worm is a fan favourite and well appriciated, but I mean it is really that good, isn't it? I am also a Doctor Worm appreciator.
Doesn't look like you're as big a fan of the 00s stuff as I am. Oh well, I mean i don't care.
Youre a big fan of Join Us, by the looks of it. Good choice, Join Us is up there good. Other songs I personally like off Join Us include Canajoharie and When Will You Die?

xoxoxoxoxoxo
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Noonbeam
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Sun BeamedJoined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2024 @835.13 »

Good picks.
I mean Doctor Worm is a fan favourite and well appriciated, but I mean it is really that good, isn't it? I am also a Doctor Worm appreciator.
Doesn't look like you're as big a fan of the 00s stuff as I am. Oh well, I mean i don't care.
Youre a big fan of Join Us, by the looks of it. Good choice, Join Us is up there good. Other songs I personally like off Join Us include Canajoharie and When Will You Die?

join us is very epicsauce ^_^ i currently have cloisonne as my discord status :3c tbf about the 2000s part i feel like i was a little more zoned out for those songs HGJAEIOSFGVJN i might go back later to relisten tbh. thanks for reminding me to add when will you die there too, thats a fun one ^_^

garystu
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2024 @971.40 »

Too many replies without a video: DBZ Particle Man AMV.

join us is very epicsauce ^_^ i currently have cloisonne as my discord status :3c tbf about the 2000s part i feel like i was a little more zoned out for those songs HGJAEIOSFGVJN i might go back later to relisten tbh. thanks for reminding me to add when will you die there too, thats a fun one ^_^

Mate its a 40+ year discography, if we're into different parts of it, it doesn't bother me. Don't even worry about the 00s stuff if you don't wanna. You've relistened to a huge discography just now, give your ears a break or something.

I've heard When Will You Die live and it feels even meaner in person, its so good.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi