Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 23, 2024 - @928.91 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Stars Posts: 59/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Favorite music videos?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite music videos?  (Read 153 times)
nuclearblues
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Heaven is a very large and interesting place

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: nuclearblues
iMood: nuclearblues

View Profile WWW

Cassettes !Joined 2024!
« on: September 03, 2024 @51.92 »

I've been working on a page which serves as a bit of a showcase of music videos I like. I find them to be a very interesting and often underutilized medium. film and music are both incredibly emotionally evocative mediums, and when synthesized properly they compliment each other beautifully. I feel like they're sort of taken for granted in a way, as part of just the general marketing of a single and not as their own distinctive artistic expression. as budgets and stakes surrounding a hit video within mainstream pop became more and more important, I feel that they lost some of their charm. this is entirely subjective obviously, I'm a huge fan of camp and surrealism which thrive in a low budget setting, but I'm curious to see what y'all think and how it reflects your own tastes.

some of my favorites at the moment:

Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere

Gary Numan - Cars

De La Soul - Say No Go

Chairlift - Amanaemonesia

di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2024 @68.26 »

De La Soul - Say No Go

De La Soul had such a great aesthetic (at least for that album, I don't know much about their later career.) Their Me Myself & I video is really cool too.

I'm a huge fan of camp and surrealism which thrive in a low budget setting

I am oddly enough also a big fan of this! Especially videos of that late 70s-early 80s era when music videos were new, not too serious, and very weird.. Here are some that I feel go with that vibe...

Showroom Dummies by Kraftwerk.... weirdo anthem.

Kime Ne Mune Kyun by Yellow Magic Orchestra.. This is a must-watch. Trust me on this.

Genius of Love by Tom Tom Club.. this is one of my fave music videos and was apparently one of Frank Zappa's as well.

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024 @78.97 »

I think my favourite would have to be the one for Welcome to Hell from Black Midi:

Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads is a certified classic!

I used to love the music video to Californiacation by Red Hot Chili Peppers, simply because I loved video games. (I was 5 at the time, cut me some slack!)
Still it’s nostalgic for me today:

I also enjoy the video for another of their songs Can’t stop:

One video that stands out for me is the one from Queen’s I’m in Love with my Car on their official channel because it contains game footage of Cruisin’ Usa, a game that came out almost 2 decades after the song!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024 @90.93 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
bedman
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: bedman

View Profile WWW

Actually a Bed(man)Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024 @168.65 »

watching all of these was such a treat! gary numan was a jumpscare though, because they played that specific song a lot where i used to work. retail ptsd kind of. still a great song. the visuals for all of these were so amazing :D i love it when drawing/animation is incorporated into live action recordings.

when coming up with a top 3 i realized i chose 2 by acbu for zamagi, so i picked 4 like the topic post.

:unite:
magical death by zamagi, animated by ac-bu

shocking black by zamagi, animated by ac-bu
(i really like this song and video together specifically, it is filled with japanese history and culture points and kind of raising the question of "what is (japanese) culture really?" presumably in response of people saying their hip-hop inspired music isnt "japanese" music. im not fluent enough to understand the slang in japanese rap but i did understand their takes on old japanese poems/stories xD)

yume no manimani (at the mercy of a dream) by powapowa/siinamota, animated by 84yen

and last but not least...
nekomimibintashiro by daijoubu, video by daijoubu
the music video is really inspiring to me and is what i envision for future videos i want to make, and the chorus is in my head a lot xD nekonekonyanyannyamimimimimimibinta...!

the tiger never slumbers, if you dont feed him a cracker...:dive:
bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2024 @192.55 »

probably one of my favorite music videos ever is god is a woman by ariana grande. my favorite scenes are the paint water ones and the ending shot.

get well soon by reggie and the full effect is also a classic! i remember seeing this on fuse a ton in middle school, nessie is so cute.

taylor swift's cardigan and evermore are also beautiful. i love the gold orbs scene in willow the most.

this version of wait and bleed by slipknot is very cool, i've loved this since i was a kid.

and last but not least, 1999 by charli xcx. the sims 1 and matrix parts are my favorite!

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 17
Views: 4569
Last post August 03, 2024 @166.93
by candycanearter07
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 2044
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2707
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi