Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @949.98 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Request Tips and Feedback on your site

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Request Tips and Feedback on your site  (Read 1801 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: June 14, 2022 @547.04 »

=== Tips n' Feedback Zone ===

If you'd like tips or feedback from me or anyone else on the forum, post a link to your site/page here! If there are any particular things you are wondering about (like how can I improve the navbar, does X page look good etc) say so too!

Feel free to provide feedback on other sites too, but please keep criticism constructive!

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :ha:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022 @194.56 »

I will give it a shot. link
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022 @977.15 by Icelogist » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022 @750.76 »

I will give it a shot. link

Lets see! Well, you've got 2 personal links and a badge. The badge is cool and the links work so that's good. Your html looks really well formatted so you clearly know what you're doing, so you just need to add more :omg:k:

I would remove the "(old)" from your scratch link, it makes me think I should not click it because you've abandoned it. *Side Note* I made a scratch game once, it won an award at code camp! Its a cool platform.

Id suggest start with adding some links to other peoples sites and an about page for yourself, then you could expand into some dedicated pages for hobbies or things you like :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
AloeVega
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022 @223.32 »

I've finally gotten my site to a place where I'm happy enough to share it around more, so I'd appreciate any feedback!

In particular, I'm wondering: one of my goals for this site was to have a place where someone who didn't know a thing about Faction Paradox could get a decent idea of what it is. As someone (presumably) unfamiliar with the series, do you think you have a grasp on what it is and how you could get into it if you wanted to?

Thanks in advance!

https://aloevega.neocities.org/
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022 @796.70 »

https://aloevega.neocities.org/

Ok lemmy seee.... ok so its an informational site, and its an early draft? So its a solid start! BUT you are throwing way too much text at me way too fast :ohdear:

You've gotta start breaking up that text more and moving it into sub pages. Take a look at https://sadgrl.online which is also a super information heavy site. Its actual intro page has 4 sentences and then a lot of very clear links.

So if I were you I would start like
Code
Faction Paradox is a science-fantasy series named after the Faction Paradox - part criminal syndicate, part family, and part death cult - ready to profiteer off of the endless wars waged by the immortal architects of history and their nameless enemy.
<If you are new to the series click here to learn more>

Then that could take you to a full page that that introduces you to the series with a mix of text an images. Again Id look at https://sadgrl.online/shrines/tatu/ as an example. Sadness walks you through what Tatu is, with mixed blocks of text and images that kinda visually pulls you along without being overwhelming. (Apologies if your not a fan of tatu! :ziped:smile:

Otherwise your writing is clear and I have no trouble understanding it, you've just gotta slow the information rate.

Other pages like the Prose page is also very long and intimidating as someone who does not know the topic, but if I was super into Faction Paradox I might really like having all that info, so maybe thats fine.

I think your site design is good, Iv no issues.. maybe adding like 10px padding to your <td>'s and divs might make it a lil more polished. You could try making the <p> tags off-white, that might improve readability (particularly for people with irlen syndrome like me!) The biggest thing Id suggest is getting a more sicence-fantasy feeling font for your headings, Ariel does not say space empire to me (is it set in space??) :tongue:

Otherwise it seems like you've put a huge amount of effort in and I hope you're really proud of it so far! You've got all the content, so it just needs some polish around the visuals of the text and pacing :cheesy:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2022 @798.51 by Melooon » Logged

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022 @37.41 »

Lets try again.

link
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022 @976.70 by Icelogist » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022 @35.08 »

Lets try again.

https://icg.neocities.org/

Ooo you converted to Zonelets, it suits your site really well and I think having a blog is a great idea! This is excellent and I love the idea of having gratitude central tokens instead of value central ones! :grin:

Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022 @180.64 »

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022 @738.31 »

I'm in

I'm not sure there's a lot I can say here! Is there anything you're thinking about? I think its a really solid site, there is lots to click on and seeee; the design is clear; I guess you're going for a kinda green terminal hacker vibe? Maybe you could push that more by using a more hackery font on your <h1>s?

Nitpicks: Id try making your text a bit lighter than your borders (you already do it but do it more!), that would make it pop! I'd maybe add like 5px more padding to the width of your navbar pills but that's all aesthetic choice; also the webrings section could be cleaned up a bit.

Skimming the source it seems fine, there are a few errors and optimisations you could do (like moving all scripts to the end of the body) but not much. Maybe run a validator and a Prettier script on it if you like.

Also why is Kirby randomly looking away from the website in the top corner?? Id mirror that gif so he looks into the site and then make it do something when you click him. Otherwise I think its a great site, hopefully your proud of it! -"Cool guy that made a lot of things." :grin:

lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022 @782.63 »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022 @55.67 by Melooon » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2022 @55.75 »

here's my site

This is a good first site! I would add some padding to the sides of the body and also make the nav easier to see (I didn't notice it at first). I also think the background images are a little bland, you could do something more fun with them to create a mood. Im not really a fan on transparent backgrounds, but if that suits you then go for it. Your actual code seemed really clean and well made!

Overall though I think you could relax a bit with it, have fun, be creative, don't worry if things break. Making a site is like painting when you're 5, it's not about creating a perfect image it's about expressing yourself and enjoying the paint. :ha:

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022 @328.18 »

I made some changes to my site, wanna check it again?

link
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022 @951.55 by Icelogist » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022 @475.80 »

I made some changes to my site, wanna check it again?

You must be doing something right, 1,262,183,687 HITS! But I don't like the background music :tongue:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20434
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1896
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5613
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi