Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @735.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Test 1-2-3... Test 1-2-3...

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Test 1-2-3... Test 1-2-3...  (Read 851 times)
Jollyswoosh

Don't overthink it! They/Them

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: June 22, 2022 @946.17 »

Hello, hello! I'm here and I'm ready to make that everyone else problem. (Not really! Unless...?)

Around these parts I go by Jollyswoosh. You can call me Jolly, Swoosh, JS, or anything else that makes you smile. Names are just like, a social construct, dude.

I draw (sometimes), write (sometimes), sing (more than people would probably like), and stare into the void (constantly, as we all must). I also overuse parenthesizes, so I hope that doesn't bug you too much. I enjoy kitch, anime and cartoons, the occasional book, thinkin' 'bout the tiny home in the woods I'll probably never have, and watching youtube video essays with my partner. I have a NeoCities site but it is very much a WIP, so forgive me for not linking it just yet. There truly isn't much to see.

I found this forum the way I think many do, which is mostly by clicking through links in the yesterweb/indieweb/oldweb? circles. Thought I'd join. I'm quite new to the movement, so I'd appreciate being helped out with terminology :> Thanks in advance!

What I like most about making things on the web is the feeling of control. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend I'm the most excited about learning HTML or CSS -- I think of it more as a means to an end. But I'm definitely completely fed up with how... stuck I feel on modern, money-focused websites. I can feel how they try to manipulate me and it's been a long time since I was willing to deal with that. Making my own website and exploring outside of the corporate web has made me more excited about the internet than I've been in years.

Thanks for having me! 0v0
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022 @948.84 by Jollyswoosh » Logged

Ɩ тнιиκ Ɩ'ℓℓ cαʋƨɛ ρяσвℓɛмƨ σи ρʋяρσƨɛ.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022 @984.29 »

Hi Swoosh :cheesy: Welcome to the forum!

Ooph I think about that a-frame in the woods too! Im always torn between liking cities and not. I wish I had like a wood on top of a skyscraper that no one else was allowed go on!

Lets see, take a look at the site guide I have linked below, that explains your issue with terms! And yeah learning things is a pain, if I could just eat books to learn things I would have a bad diet..

:ha:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Jollyswoosh

Don't overthink it! They/Them

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022 @28.01 »

Oh, A-frames. Literally my favorite kind of architecture. A little magic side-dimension on top of a sky scraper with my cabin in the woods would be peak.

Thank you for the welcome, Melon!

Ɩ тнιиκ Ɩ'ℓℓ cαʋƨɛ ρяσвℓɛмƨ σи ρʋяρσƨɛ.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi