Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @168.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  AMVs of the 00s !!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: AMVs of the 00s !!  (Read 3703 times)
Nikodile
Jr. Member ⚓︎

loosey goosey

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2024 @672.62 »

Oh boy, the throwback. This one was my favorite during that era, I just loved Naruto at the time and still love System of a Down to this day.
(EDIT: Awww embeds are broken for it, you can still click and watch though)

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2024 @904.69 »

Wow, Melon. Reading some of the comments on this post surprised me. I'm amazed people's introductions to any kind of cartoon MV's are PMV's! It made me realize I'm in that age group who was exposed to AMV's a few years before MLP came out.

My favorites were the Naruto Sasuke Numb by Linkin Park one and the "This is Halloween" Soul Eater AMV. I also made my own Soul Eater AMV set to "Dinosaur" by Ke$ha (back when she still had the Dollar Sign and that monster of a Producer) and I submitted it to the Megacon AMV Inferno in 2012! I made a few other lyric videos and AMV's and meme videos for personal enjoyment.

Me and my friends were mega weebs (short for "Weeaboo", a nonsense term that a certain notorious web forum arbitrarily replaced the slur for "Wannabe Japanese" with that then took on a similar connotation as Otaku). We even did the dances to "Motteke! Sailor Fuku"  and "Bad Apple!" at a school festival as part of the club performances section. I went to American High School, complete with Emo and Swag kids and Twilight and Justin Bieber fangirls. Nobody understood what the heck we were doing or what we were cosplaying at that time! They just thought we were weird. I also made an actual music video for a school project set to the Vocaloid song Matryoshka that is buried away in my hard drive.

I was already on the cosplay scene with the Hetalia fandom when the MLP, Adventure Time, and Homestuck all had a rapid surge in growth. From 2011 to 2012 was like night and day at the huge conventions. One event, those fandoms were not noticeable, and the next year the cons were FLOODED with cosplayers from those fandoms. Pony art flooded DeviantArt with pony versions of characters for EVERY fandom. Pony.mov and the PMV's appeared. It was a great and fun and fascinating time to live through, and social media was in it's full heyday. I have so many stories from that time, it was something else!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Rosesarered
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2024 @995.93 »

Oooh i luv its! I PASS HOURS WATCHING 00s amvs!  My favorites amvs are

Poison-karin chibi vampire

Tokyo mew mew-hey juliet,Poison,he said she said,asereje

Fruits basket-Walking in the sunshine,best friends

Ayashi no ceres-Haunted

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 20
Views: 9344
Last post October 17, 2024 @830.53
by ヤーナム
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 2214
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
Old site themes?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 1141
Last post October 04, 2023 @668.95
by Uneuclid

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi