Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @341.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  When viewing informational articles, do you prefer if links open...

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: When viewing informational articles, do you prefer if links open...
in the same tab   -6 (33.3%)
in a different tab   -12 (66.7%)
in a different window (???)   -0 (0%)
other (reply below!)   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: When viewing informational articles, do you prefer if links open...  (Read 1137 times)
Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 08, 2022 @908.96 »

I'm currently working on an info page for one of my characters, and I was wondering if people like it better when links within an article open in the same tab, or in a new tab :omg:

When it comes to informational stuff, I personally like it if links within the text open in a new tab, since often item the link is something that relates to the article I was reading. Having it in a new tab helps me reference things :>

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022 @78.26 »

I want the website to make no decision for me; I will do middle click if I want a new tab and simple click if I want the same tab. If the website overrides it with its own preferences, I am annoyed.
Thus I voted same tab, because that's the default.
myry
Casual Poster ⚓︎

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022 @483.98 »

I like when the choice is left for me as well. I feel like in some websites every single link opens a new tab and it's just cluttering my already very much tab-filled browser :happy: When the link leads to a completely different site, like a youtube link or a wikipedia article, then I don't mind it though.
morrysillusion
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022 @825.57 »

honestly hit "new tab" but realized that, no matter what i always middle click on links when i definitely want them in a new tab anyways lol, so i seem to make the choice for myself regardless! typically i open outgoing links to new websites in a new tab. but pages all centered around one site/page i like having open in the same page (but usually prefer some kind of home/back button if the article leads to even more links so i dont get totally lost).

definitely think its best to just let it open in the same tab unless you really need two pages to be presented separately! and if someone doesnt want it in the same page its no too bad to go back and middle click it instead.

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023 @554.72 »

i’ll often open a few links to keep for later after i’ve read the first article so i like that more. that said i’ll usually right-click and open in new tab just to make sure itz gonna do what i want.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023 @883.25 »

New tab! I'm a tab hoarder especially when modding, coding or otherwise figuring something out.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023 @176.59 »

i was going to vote for open in a new tab, but opening on the same page is actually a better default. like /home/user/ said, it would be up to the preference of the person

this also made me think about my tab opening habits! generally i just open the link in a new tab if i want to keep the old one, like if i'm looking at multiple products while browsing on an online shop, or if im browsing through multiple people's websites through a webring
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Collecting 90s Texture CD Links

Started by MelooonBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 7149
Last post October 18, 2023 @880.69
by WynnDawnstrider
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5746
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1638
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi