Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @453.45
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: ozwomp is requesting your location :ozwomp: [Agree] Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  What book(s) are you reading right now?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print Embed
Author Topic: What book(s) are you reading right now?  (Read 23307 times)
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #105 on: Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 @605 » Toggle Font Embed

At a booksale I while back, I picked up a book called Our Father Who Art in Hell: The Life and Death of Jim Jones expecting it to be a biography of the infamous cult leader. It's good, but it is very much not a biography; rather, it's more of an overview of the victims of Jonestown and what led them there. Which, to be fair, is a very good subject for a book about the cult in general, because too often we idolize the leaders of such movements even after they've been exposed for the monsters they are. Still, I think they would have done better to choose a different tagline.

I'm also about 70% of the way though Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose. I wet in blind and I'm enjoying it very much, especially as someone who loves reading about Medieval history. There are a lot of Easter eggs and tiny references for history nerds sprinkled throughout.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe