Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @23.73 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Obligatory topic where i recomend my favourite movie! (Tetsuo the iron man)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Obligatory topic where i recomend my favourite movie! (Tetsuo the iron man)  (Read 805 times)
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: July 30, 2022 @710.43 »

Once i was at my friend's house, and he set me up with this girl... so i was sitting on the couch with her- we were already flirty and drank a bit of wine, and we decided to watch a movie.
Him and his girlfriend were curious about this movie called "Tetsuo: the iron man" and thinking it would be a fun b-movie to make out in front of, we started it (also at that time it was fully free on youtube!).

After around 3 minutes i was completley captured by the movie, surroundings fading in the background, i was completley focused on that masterpiece! And to think that i was hoping it was a bad movie to have in the background while flirting! It felt like it lasted 5 minutes and an eternity simultaneusly, i was never capured so much by something, when the movie was over and the youtube suggestion took over the screen i felt like crying, i wanted more!
The next day, i decided to rewatch it, maybe my excessive emotional reaction was due to the 3 bottles of wine i drank, but it wasn't the case, watching it sober and alone was an even more amazing experience.

I don't really know what hit me so much about this movie, i guess it has a unique energy that nothing else really captures that clicked particularly with me, afterall it's a mix of things i like (artzy movies + body horror + industrial music + comedy + sto motion) packaged in a wonderfully crafted art piece. Also it says enough informations to let you understand everything- but leaves enough space to let the mind wandering.

I don't think i will ever find a movie that makes me so interested in it, not even tetsuo's sequels worked for me. I have other movies that i like a lot (moonlight, Vampire hunter D: Bloodlust, and fear and loathing in as vegas for example), but i never enjoyed a movie this much in my life. I am blessed that it exits!

Have you ever had a similar reaction to a movie? what movie was it?
And if you saw Tetsuo, did you like it ?

PS: at the end, the girl i met that night wasn't interested in me, probably insulting marvel for half an hour then ignoring her flirts because of a strange japanese film wasn't the best idea!
MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022 @407.65 »

Oh, I love Tetsuo! It's genuinely one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm a massive fan of cyberpunk and body horror, so pretty much everything about this movie appeals to me. I love the visual of humans covered and interwoven wires and machinery, and I think it's delightfully trippy to watch.

Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022 @126.63 »

there's definitely something really special about the way this film is shot. Especially the really cramped shots... I loved it

the stop motion sequences are definitely a bit goofy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4073
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4867
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1742
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi