Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 06 Oct 2026 - @292.94
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  ✍︎ ∙ Post ur Writing & Webcomics
| | | |-+  My Book - The Metaphysics of the Simulacrum (It's 100% Free!)


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: My Book - The Metaphysics of the Simulacrum (It's 100% Free!)  (Read 217 times)
Bindao
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« on: Autumn, 12 Sep 2026 @045 » Embed

Hello, everyone!

I'm posting my little book here for anyone who wants to read it. It's a very unique book and I doubt you'll find anything like it anywhere else, be it on the internet or at bookstores or libraries. You'll see why soon.

These past few months I've been searching for comprehensive studies of the internet and its phenomena and, surprisingly, I found very little, at least on the internet itself, but if the internet cannot even house and engender extensive studies about itself, what hope is there for traditional media, academia or anything else? It's evident that any serious study of these matters must proceed from a subjective standpoint (in a sense that might be termed Weberian) or else it is doomed to fail due to the confused and partial manner in which the online phenomenon presents itself to those who observe it through its secondary manifestations outside the internet. So, for this reason, I've decided to turn what were originally just a few blog posts into a collection of essays in which I attempt to create the rudiments of a general metaphysics of the Internet. As far as I know, there is only one person of renown in the whole world who was able to do something similar. There might have been others whom we aren't aware of that tried similar endeavors, which is why it is important to make them known, just as it's important to make mine known. This text may be freely distributed and is not intended for commercial purposes (although there is a listing for it on Amazon which exists simply to establish a record of my authorship).

Link to the book: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TA0K1ocr61jlRel6Tav1y96u1mfdX85j/view

I also do appreciate feedback. If you read it and would like to tell me what you think, feel free to!

Logged

opomo
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


creature
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 12 Sep 2026 @059 » Embed

i will save it and give it a read, fascinating

Logged

he/she/po
lakes
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 12 Sep 2026 @082 » Embed

I've read some of your blog before and decided to add this book to Bookwyrm, my preferred book tracking site.

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/gbj9yhcZ/userbar-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/C3KKzjyx/Computeruser.png
https://i.ibb.co/zhKYtXts/Librebar-X.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/b5mC7H6H/DVDUser.png
https://i.ibb.co/GfCkM0g1/soulseekuserbar.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/0jRYyw7R/Trash-User.png
https://i.ibb.co/gLNfFjqc/098.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/QjqVW8xT/xfceuserbar.png
Bindao
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 12 Sep 2026 @107 » Embed

I've read some of your blog before and decided to add this book to Bookwyrm, my preferred book tracking site.

Thank you very much! I had no idea that website existed. Seems very useful indeed!

Logged

Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe