Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 - @998.14
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Your favourite character ever?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Your favourite character ever?  (Read 255 times)
atari
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


404 not found
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: atari
iMood: cottageram

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Rubber Ducky !Joined 2024!
« on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @499 » Toggle Font Embed

What is YOUR favourite character ever. Like one day you saw them and fell head over heels obsessed  :omg:
As someone who tends to get quite attached to many characters, I'm curious if anyone else has a designated favourite.
My personal two favourite characters of all time are Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony, Frienship is Magic and Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote!
https://files.catbox.moe/fgyi73.jpghttps://files.catbox.moe/5l79rm.png
I can't quite explain it, they just both embody some of my favourite tropes of characters in media I thoroughly enjoy too.
I do oshikatsu with Tomoko, trying to create and collect tons of merch of her. I've probably also drawn her over 400-500 times at this point...
And Pinkie I rather try to embody in my day to day life, her optimism and joy is something I desire to have more. Overall these two manage to be so different yet both so important to me. So much so that I find every character I like falling into a spectrum between the two haha.

But enough about me. Let me know your favs! Do you collect merch of them? Do you possibly selfship with them? Let's discuss our favs together!

Logged

https://file.garden/ZeMv0T685jeI5jqP/website/general/graphics/pixels/32.gif

Artifact Swap: Spongebob
Senkusha
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @556 » Embed

I wouldn't say that I fell head over heels for Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha), but I heavily identify with the character, and she's become my long-time go-to character for role playing games.  So much has occurred in her past that matches many of the events in my past.

She's kind, compassionate, and super determined, which also matches my personality as well.

Logged

--Senkusha,
Resident Anime Misfit, Role-playing Goddess, Webmistress of Prismatica!
Anime Role Playing and Discussion
Yuvi
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @560 » Toggle Font Embed

Oof my problem with picking a favorite character is that it changes too much. but going based off of right now I've been extremely obsessed with all 3 Red Dead Redemption protagonists :mark:

https://static2.klipy.com/ii/f87f46a2c5aeaeed4c68910815f73eaf/d0/71/VqeZzbSg.gifhttps://static2.klipy.com/ii/39f2394ae36df6e199be9eb7c9fa1012/87/a4/VZBhhvln.gifhttps://static2.klipy.com/ii/4493325008d34b7bf8cd6813cd5c1619/53/2f/mtauBDhp65sMuKJKD.gif

These guys are just too silly and relatable... maybe less silliness on the last one but I'm sure he'll get there eventually.

John Marston especially is a character I feel like I relate to a lot, that feeling he has all throughout the game
Spoiler
where he sees the decline and loss in everyone's (especially dutch's) logic and gets pushback for questioning the gang
[close]

anyway yeah i just really like these funny cowboy guys rn :happy:

Logged

https://files.catbox.moe/hk7spj.pngAmongus
Vidknight
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @596 » Embed

For some folks this can be a pretty difficult question but for me this is the easiest question in the world!  :ozwomp:

https://media1.tenor.com/m/a2XaUS_qflYAAAAC/bomberman-terminalmontage.gif

I absolutely adore everything about bomberman, His games are incredibly fun and there are a ton of variety. His design simple yet still iconic and appealing.

Hell I like this guy so much I straight up designed my sona after him just a great character overall!

At first I was going to have this next character be an honorable mention by after thinking about it for a bit and realizing how much he impacted me yea he's up in the same league as bomberman

https://media.tenor.com/PcMOjyegBf4AAAAm/sackboy-lbp.webp

I say that this character alone along with the games he came from is what really got me into creating and art. Also come on look at how cute this guy is you telling me you wouldn't want this little sackthing to be real?

Logged
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @746 » Toggle Font Embed

easy answer: roger rabbit. i've been obsessed with the movie for literally as long as i can remember, to the point that i broke our vhs copy by watching it too many times.

https://media.tenor.com/-T0--xNvu8UAAAAM/woo-roger-rabbit.gif

i actually wrote about this recently for a freelance piece:

Quote
In Who Framed Roger Rabbit, the titular Toon can only get out of handcuffs “when it’s funny,” much to the annoyance of the humans around him–but as he says later on, humour is also, in many ways, their guiding star: “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”
Being perpetually othered and resigned to never fitting in, humour became my gravity, too.

i see myself in him, he's somewhat aspirational, and his constant presence in my life makes me feel very comforted. also, he's just deeply charming, silly, and funny!!

i'd give honourable mentions, but those change with the seasons. roger rabbit is forever.

https://media.tenor.com/umaX3hUSpowAAAAj/who-framed-roger-rabbit-roger-rabbit.gif

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
b-lly
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


professional lurker :eyes:
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Devil Cursor TailDevil HornsVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @801 » Toggle Font Embed

:4u: my current all time favorite is Kim Kitsuragi from Disco Elysium. yes, my little meow meow is a french cop, I like him so much it's embarassing, what can I say? he wants to appear serious and boring but you can tell he's a lonely weirdo, just like the main character.
I'm not alone, spendig most of your first playthrough trying to make him like you is pretty common. most players love him to bits, it's as if he was engineered to be the perfect sidekick!
(the other detective with a spoilery name is up there with him, satellite-officer style. I also love him, but I love playing as him, as a standalone character it's Kim who stole my heart...)

honorable mention is Gregor from The Metamorphosis because he's a huge relatable bug 🪲, but it's more like projecting my love for the story itself on him, if it makes sense. and he's a huge bug 🪲

Logged

https://web.archive.org/web/20091022172612im_/http://geocities.com/maththai/images/bird-line.gif

Artifact Swap: Plant Creature
ValyceNegative
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Your Average Toony Wolf!
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Game MachineGrass MailViolet Ribbon of WelcomeJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @819 » Embed

I have quite a lot of favourite characters and this thread reminded me of a bingo layout I made for another forum. Pretty much nothing's changed, this chart is still current xD
https://i.postimg.cc/DzcgdnY0/image.png
Ahem, I suppose I am quite passive compared to others in this thread when it comes to showing appreciation for fav charas. Best I do is be happy when I come across a cool fanart of them xD

Logged

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/VN8831A.png

https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRDragonite.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRTaurus.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNR90s.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGranny.gif https://valycenegative.neocities.org/img/BNRGBC.gif
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Autumn, 30 Sep 2026 @867 » Embed

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/112/112510.gif

Words can't describe how much I love this boy and how much he's helped me, flaws and all.

Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
Dynaknights
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


"When fate comes knockin'..."
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Spinning Star!MousyFunny BoneJoined 2026!
« Reply #8 on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @965 » Embed

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Spider-Man_Deadpool_Vol_1_1.jpg?utm_source=en.wikipedia.org&utm_campaign=parser&utm_content=thumbnail_unscaled
My main guys!!  :ha:

Logged

https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/decor/wing1.gif In another, another, another universe in the far, far future...
Maybe, just maybe, I'll think of a better signature...
https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/decor/wing2.gif

https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws1.png https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws2.png https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws3.png

Artifact Swap: Puppy DogUseless nested <div>Gallery CardArcadeVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!angel kirbyAmethystfwoggienerdJellycat
Uno
Newbie
*
View ProfileArt


She/They :3
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #9 on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @626 » Embed

     Right now I’m obsessed with Noelle from Deltarune cause she’s just so relatable to me. I have lots to say about her but I don’t wanna spoil the weird route (or Deltarune in general)so
Spoiler
In the weird route Noelle talks about how nothing ever changes in her town and how about nothing is real. She says that the only one who has actually changed is Kris and how she wants to change. To me this is really really relatable with the need to change and stuff.
[close]
     Another character I love is Etho (MCYT) specifically Hermitcraft Etho. I don’t know what it is about him but he’s so stupidly mysterious and I’ve saved every piece of fanart I’ve ever seen of this man.
     I can’t believe I forgot when I first posted this but Jo from Jagged Little Pill (the musical) is just so amazing. She’s peak gay representation. If you ever wanna see it and don’t want spoilers please don’t read the next part :3
Spoiler
I wanna preface this by saying that this could totally just be the production I watched which was at my local theatre. Jo from Jagged Little Pill is not one of the main characters but is the daughter’s best friend/girlfriend. I love Jo so much cause she’s the best gay representation I have ever seen in a musical. She actually dresses and acts like gay people I have met (boxy clothing, kinda dirty language) and in a musical that’s amazing. At one point in the musical the daughter cheats on her and Jo is like actually allowed to be mad and she even has the best song in the musical (in my opinion). She just makes me so happy and is extremely relatable.
[close]

« Last Edit: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @623 by Uno » Logged
sharkplushes
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


huh? what?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #10 on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @657 » Toggle Font Embed

i literally selfship with dr. robotnik and agent stone (from the sonic films) LMAO
no but for real. i thought about this for a hot second, and then i was like "oh, duh. its these two."
i cant really put into words why i like these two so much. whether alone, in my selfship, or just shipping the two together as is. literally just that picture of marge simpson with the potato. "i just think they're neat!"
https://file.garden/ZRo4pj_G0TetIeK9/Unsorted/dot_dot_dot.png
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRhOxEc-oZKjMuKzKO4KBK5WYU18KIfWM5AmcwAUbQ9w&s

Logged

boreal cryptid
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


без надії сподіваюсь
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #11 on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @751 » Embed

mine is Sotha Sil from TES universe  :loved:



first i've encountered him in Skyrim books, then in Morrowind game, then, finally, in ESO (Clockwork DLC)! i'm glad his ESO DLC was OKAY! he deserves it.

« Last Edit: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @753 by boreal cryptid » Logged

Is this how you honor MelonLand Forum, and the tribe unmourned? Write to me openly, and not by stealth.

Artifact Swap: Polyamorous NeurodivergentWildflowers!Lucky Birdtree ConeSnow MailRainbow ConnectionPolyamorousThe Red Pixel^_^
alexela64
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile


AGHHH!!!! REAGGHH!! *screams in agony
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The Original                          StarwalkerA Jellyfish in Behalf of haumeaGethJellyJoined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @280 » Toggle Font Embed

this is really difficult because the characters i Like and the characters i Relate To are very, VERY different.

For example one of if not my favorite characters of all time ever is King Hisstocrat, from super mario 3d world. Crazy lore update that recently changed his name from just, Hisstocrat, in MARIO TENNIS of all things. But seriously how can you not like this guy???? There's so much to love



He doesn't have any dialogue though....

If that's criteria, it's the Herscherr of Sentience from Honkai Impact 3rd. Her whole arc in the main story revolves around what it takes to become a person (long story). She's unapologetically herself in every way, for better or worse, it's kind of inspiring. #startscammingnow



As for relating... I connect very heavily with lillie from pokemon, or yosuke from persona 4. 

Logged

Comment music recs on my profile
https://file.garden/ZZOi0LOs0CiXN99M/mimikyu.gifhttps://file.garden/ZZOi0LOs0CiXN99M/mimikyu-busted.gifhttps://file.garden/ZZOi0LOs0CiXN99M/2.25.24/palestine.gif

Artifact Swap: Gothic eyebatArtefacteryMouse TamaNOTchiWholesome heartRainbow alienz
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe