Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @509.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  What's on your mind?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 2571 times)
Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: December 01, 2021 @889.31 »

What are you thinking about?
What's been stuck in your head?
What's a thing you can't let go of at the moment?

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021 @892.16 »

I'll start.
Deltarune. Really wish the rest of the game was out now.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021 @901.62 »

I’ve got a few main thoughts spinning around in my head, and I suppose I will pour them all down here:
  • The Boring: Currently thinking about how to accomplish this task I have at work, which is incredibly tedious and time-consuming. Fortunately, it’s somewhat fun (the company I work at is updating their website), but the fact that there is so much left to do is the real snooze.
  • The Fun: I am also thinking a lot about a 3D world concept I want to breathe some life into if I am brave enough. I am primarily a visual 2D artist, and the last time I programmed a game or modeled in 3D at all was…probably over a decade ago. Since then, the tools out there have exploded in a good way, but there is a lot of catch-up learning to be done. I’m hoping to start working on the idea this weekend if I have some time to do so, but for now, lots of brainstorming in the works : )
  • The Conflicted: I have been spending a lot of my last month on NeoCities, and have noticed how much happier I am there without the pressures of performance or likes/numbers. But I am still trying to figure out how much I want to go cold-turkey with social media. I have been shaving off accounts all year long to the point there is only one platform I still visit, but this last site is one that has been a big part of my online life for a decade, and it is going to be really difficult to decide what to do with it, or how to close out that chapter.

I'll start.
Deltarune. Really wish the rest of the game was out now.

@Obspogon - I haven't played Deltarune but I was always curious about Toby Fox's choice to release the game in chaptered installments after releasing Undertale as a full game. Not to say it is a bad thing, and I'm sure there's some rationale for it that I admittedly haven't bothered to look up, but I feel like if I released a project in chunks I might get bored of it and walk away before completing LOL. Think that's more of a personal flaw, I'm always impressed by people who can keep pushing through larger projects.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021 @987.67 »

Oh, you asked for it! (Colour coded by type)

• What will I do with my life next year, I moved home during the pandemic, but I cant stay here! How will I ever get my own life again and my own place when I don't want a job and just want to keep making websites and games :tongue:
  • How will I get over the love of my life drifting away from me :notgood:
  • Whats going to happen with this new Covid variant, will family Christmas happen this year? I'm supposed to travel to London in a few weeks, should I still do that?
  • How can I keep growing this forum! Id really like to see it become a great community! But I also wanna keep it safe from the big bad web.
  • Getting Ozwomp's Voyage finished and how I'm gonna release it, its a small game but perhaps a big milestone!
  • Website updates, Im always thinking of those, what do I wanna do with MK.Net (I wanna make the landing page more useful)
  • Where should I stick my Spacehey stickers!!?!?!
  • Where is my Playdate! Panic said shipping by end of 2021, now they say early 2022, will I EVER get it?!

Aagghhh, i know that's not one thing its like 50 when you start to break it down, but having so many things on my mind is the biggest thing on my mind at the moment!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
xandra
Full Member ⚓︎

i want to be with you everywhere

StatusCafe: xandra
iMood: xandra0

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Spring :^}OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021 @110.19 »

IRL: waiting to hear back about whether or not i got this job i really want. i've been keeping it close to the chest because i'm afraid of jinxing it.

music: i can't get "everywhere" by fleetwood mac out of my head.

hobbies: what should i add to my site? what do i have time for? what 'in progress' things sound the most fun right now?
Cyberiantiger

Live in the Cyber-Space

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021 @353.47 »

At the moment I'm trying my had at creating a site on Neocities. Its slowly coming together but sometimes it does feel like I'm banging my head against a huge wall of information. I have a general idea of how I want the site to look and what I want on it. Just for now I'm taking it slow and bite size pieces.
Neonriser
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of Nett

StatusCafe: neonriser

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022 @843.80 »

I really hate TikTok because not only the content it has are mostly cringy, but you can't even make a video longer than 15 seconds! It's so infuriating! Social media had reduced our attention spans and now TikTok made it worse. We have to find a way to get our attention spans back!

Web design is my passion!

aralsheart

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022 @913.19 »

I wonder if my best friend will enjoy the old-style interwebz. I want to show her in a couple days. She and her sister are very much kids of their time (both born during the early-mid 00s), but that doesn't mean they'll necessarily hate the Y2K style stuff. If anything, that could be a breath of fresh air in this era of "I have social media because everyone else has". If they don't, it's fine. I'll love them still.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023 @716.30 »

I got a lot of plans for when I am back home after my dad's birthday. He gave me his Sony Diskman and a portable tapedeck, and both of these excite me beyond belief since I can finally listen to music on the go! I finally need to do something for my health, too, so I am going to start doing that. I also want to try out my brushes for the zine, and finish setting up the remaining 404s on my website.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023 @37.40 »

Oh, you asked for it! (Colour coded by type)

• What will I do with my life next year, I moved home during the pandemic, but I cant stay here! How will I ever get my own life again and my own place when I don't want a job and just want to keep making websites and games :tongue:
  • How will I get over the love of my life drifting away from me :notgood:
  • Whats going to happen with this new Covid variant, will family Christmas happen this year? I'm supposed to travel to London in a few weeks, should I still do that?
  • How can I keep growing this forum! Id really like to see it become a great community! But I also wanna keep it safe from the big bad web.
  • Getting Ozwomp's Voyage finished and how I'm gonna release it, its a small game but perhaps a big milestone!
  • Website updates, Im always thinking of those, what do I wanna do with MK.Net (I wanna make the landing page more useful)
  • Where should I stick my Spacehey stickers!!?!?!
  • Where is my Playdate! Panic said shipping by end of 2021, now they say early 2022, will I EVER get it?!

Oh boy that was a year ago - I can answer my own questions now!
  • Oh you became an artist and won a few awards, but its still a question! You don't have stability but you do get your own place eventually
  • Ooph hard work, but you get there eventually.
  • Don't worry it all works out fine
  • It certainly grows, but its hard work, is it worth it?
  • You get it finished, its a nice milestone
  • Oh boy you do A LOT with that site during the year
  • Still haven't figured that one out
  • It shows up eventually :grin:

Questions for next year!
  • Should I get away from the web more, I feel like Iv overdone it
  • Will I stay indie, or go to a company? Im getting bored of working alone.
  • Will I still have all my hair when Im older!
  • How can I bring more people into my life in a positive way, Im sick of people disappearing.
  • Is what I do really good for anyone?
  • Were the last 4 years worth it?

Ooph, a bit heavy, but thats the mood! :ziped: If last years results are anything to go by, I think everything will be fine :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023 @141.85 »

The Genshin Impact game character Scaramouche (you could never tell from my profile).
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2023 @213.72 »

Oh boy that was a year ago - I can answer my own questions now!
  • Oh you became an artist and won a few awards, but its still a question! You don't have stability but you do get your own place eventually
  • Ooph hard work, but you get there eventually.
  • Don't worry it all works out fine
  • It certainly grows, but its hard work, is it worth it?
  • You get it finished, its a nice milestone
  • Oh boy you do A LOT with that site during the year
  • Still haven't figured that one out
  • It shows up eventually :grin:

Questions for next year!
  • Should I get away from the web more, I feel like Iv overdone it
  • Will I stay indie, or go to a company? Im getting bored of working alone.
  • Will I still have all my hair when Im older!
  • How can I bring more people into my life in a positive way, Im sick of people disappearing.
  • Is what I do really good for anyone?
  • Were the last 4 years worth it?

Ooph, a bit heavy, but thats the mood! :ziped: If last years results are anything to go by, I think everything will be fine :grin:

I really like this, Melon. Congrats on your achievements :smile:

Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2023 @5.88 »

just thinking about like how I need to do something interesting in the real world... I've been wanting to do a road trip for a while but I feel like I will chicken out. It'd be more of a summer thing anyway so I have time to think about it

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2023 @69.32 »

I have a coworker who is a really nice guy and I like working with him, but he's fresh out of college and it's obvious he's struggling to keep up and get his work done. I don't want him to get fired for falling behind so I've been doing some pair programming with him to help him get caught up. But at the same time, I don't think holding his hand in that way is going to get him to where he needs to be.

I really like this, Melon. Congrats on your achievements :smile:

Ditto'd. It's cool reviewing an old post like this. Maybe I'll look back on this one in a year.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023 @95.30 »

I have a coworker who is a really nice guy and I like working with him, but he's fresh out of college and it's obvious he's struggling to keep up and get his work done.

I have been in both of these roles :ohdear: Its really scary when you know you cant keep up, I even tried explain that I was struggling to other team members and they didn't understand at all. The best thing you can do is be there for emotional support; give them pointers when they get stuck, but don't actually unstick them - they need to learn to get over the fear of not knowing, and then figure it out without depending on easy answers. If you can casually ask "What are you working on? Any issues with it?" thats a great way for them to destress and get some pointers (just don't make it feel like you don't trust their work!)

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1226
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3208
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
Whats the best thing you've ever bought?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 17
Views: 1337
Last post August 30, 2023 @895.19
by Scootarooni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi