Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @376.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Making a landing page?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Making a landing page?  (Read 683 times)
DoctorDizzy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I will become the god of this new world!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: doctordizzy
iMood: DoctorDizzyspin

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: November 02, 2022 @120.69 »

Hey everyone! :cheesy:

I'm redoing my website a bit, since the backend is atrocious :ohdear:, but I also kinda want to change things up a bit for when I exit hiatus. One of those things is making a landing page, but I'm not really sure where to begin! I kind of have a basic idea in my head, I think? I kind of want something similar to Bechno Kid's Hideout or Key's Klubhouse in terms of appearances (a drawing, a view counter, etc).

Actually, it may be easier if I draw what I want the landing page to look like...

So, yeah. I have a few questions...
1. Is this landing page possible? And how?
2. What is the best tool for counting how many people have visited your site?
3. Is there anything else I should add?

Apologies if these questions aren't great. This is my first time making a website, and I'm kind of anxious that I'm not doing this well!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022 @890.23 by DoctorDizzy » Logged

I am lightning... The rain transformed!
nymphaeaphoo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022 @545.43 »

1. Is this landing page possible? And how?
well yes of course, anything (within reason) is possible!
looking at your draft my first instinct is just use
Code
display: grid;
there might be more simple solutions but with Grid, it just werks if you take the time to learn it!
(https://cssgridgarden.com/, https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/complete-guide-grid/)
the grid for your landing page could have two 50vw columns and and three rows (2fr 1fr 2fr) to get that look but you may have to tweak the measurements to get exactly what you want.
...or maybe look at the html of the websites you draw inspiration from to see how they did it by pressing ctrl shift i or ctrl u in most modern web browsers
2. What is the best tool for counting how many people have visited your site?
i have absolutely no idea so i made my own! and now that you've asked i have just decided that my one is the best
you can find it here (https://github.com/pan-troglodytes/lophius.xyz/tree/master/backend see the files beginning with "visits":wink:
i don't use neocities and i don't know how it works so i cant help with integrating CGI scripts into your site(is it even possible on the unpaid version of neocities?)
maybe you would rather use the counters you see all over neocities but I'm not in the position to be able to recommend anything in particular
3. Is there anything else I should add?
maybe you could add your 88x31 button to the top right part
Apologies if these questions aren't great. This is my first time making a website, and I'm kind of anxious that I'm not doing this well!

honestly your site looks great to me and the questions are perfectly reasonable, good luck with your landing page

-
DoctorDizzy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I will become the god of this new world!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: doctordizzy
iMood: DoctorDizzyspin

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022 @13.65 »

First off, thank you so much for this! :transport:

I didn't even know that grids were an option, thank you so much for telling me about them! I'm still pretty new to CSS and don't really know that many tricks or skills yet, so that's greatly appreciated. The links that you sent are also really helpful for learning how to use it! I'll definitely keep your advice in mind about the columns :omg:
And yeah, looking at the source code on other websites is always something I should do anyway :omg:k: I think that'd really help with knowing my way around HTML/CSS lol

I will definitely try your counter when I can! :chill: I don't think that unpaid Neocities works with scripts...? I could be wrong, though, and I'm always willing to try things out to see if they work. Thank you for sharing your counter here!! :cheesy:

Oh yeah, and I'll definitely be adding the button to the top right :omg:k: I think that'd look pretty good! Thanks for the suggestion :chill:

And one last thank you for the compliments on my site. It's my first time making one, and I'm really happy that it looks good! I'll get to work on the landing page when I can, and maybe make a post about it when I'm done.

I am lightning... The rain transformed!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 1748
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3085
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1835
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi