Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @52.42 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  cold calling on the web

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: cold calling on the web  (Read 256 times)
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 19, 2024 @310.60 »

i just got an email from one of many companies i've previously been written from suggesting that i should creatively explain my products, services and ideas with their tailored videos.

this is, in my opinion, cold calling; in the same way that i used to get phone calls and folks knocking on my door from companies offering their pragmatical services.

what do other folks think of this? is cold calling a bad thing to happen on the web?

originally i thought it was annoying and doesn't reflect what the web should be used for. i guess that's because i've grown up thinking cold calling is inherently bad. taking a step back though: these are smaller companies that don't appear at the top of google's search results, so in a hypothetical situation where i had something to sell, it makes sense that i'd support smaller businesses over something prominently established, no? how would i ever have heard of them if they hadn't emailed me first!

interested to hear what other folks think.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024 @336.75 by j » Logged

i go by j, she/they :)
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024 @406.06 »

Mad respect for salespeople doing cold calling. Failure Rate: 99%. Still worth investing the time in for those 1% of new customers.

Just don't be too annoying from what's in your control. And expect to be butchered verbally. Happens! In the worst possible stress-loaded moment, your little advert might be the tiny bit of information overflow that will make people explode...
Though this should be less likely to happen on the web. I mean who replies to "spam ad" mails? One click, delete, case finished.

So I'd say cold calling is particularly well suited for the web. It's not even close as intrusive as going from door to door.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 5429
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
Collecting Webgardens - Post your webgarden & greenhouse!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ Share your Resources

Replies: 34
Views: 13234
Last post April 24, 2024 @150.30
by honowo
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4976
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi