Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @35.00 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 965.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Cassette Tapes and Players

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Cassette Tapes and Players  (Read 2271 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024 @17.43 »

Today i snatched a cassette tape from my school's server room while waiting for the tech guy. It's this RadioShack XR-120 tape with 60 minutes per side. I saw it on top of 3 blank VHS tapes still in their wrappers, and i grabbed it from there. really nice find since i dont have any 120 minute tapes!

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2024 @77.12 »

I know that vinyls are making a bit of a comeback, but I'm wondering if anyone's rocking cassette tapes? :omg:k:

I've had a cassette player for basically as long as I can remember! It's not like... A professional one or anything (in fact, it's targeted at kids :omg:k:smile:, but I really like it! :chill:

This isn't my photo, but this is the model that I have. :omg:k:

As for cassette tapes... Most of mine just play kids songs lol. They're all from a songbook series called Wee Sing, and the tapes basically correlate to the songs in the books. I'm trying to get more use out of my player, though, so I'm trying to get more cassettes lol. Today, my Spirit Phone cassette arrived, and I'm super happy about it! :smile:

So... Do any of you have cassette players? What kinds of tapes do you have? :omg:

I sadly don't have a cassette player but I do have a cassette tape from when my dad was a kid , the label faded ++ it no longer works so I have no clue what it is but it's still cool . I've taken it a part once or twice since it was already broken because I was curious.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2024 @146.35 »

I sadly don't have a cassette player but I do have a cassette tape from when my dad was a kid , the label faded ++ it no longer works so I have no clue what it is but it's still cool . I've taken it a part once or twice since it was already broken because I was curious.
How do you know it doesn’t work if you don’t have a deck? Tested it on someone else’s?

Today i snatched a cassette tape from my school's server room while waiting for the tech guy. It's this RadioShack XR-120 tape with 60 minutes per side. I saw it on top of 3 blank VHS tapes still in their wrappers, and i grabbed it from there. really nice find since i dont have any 120 minute tapes!
I hope they let you take them! :ziped:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2024 @148.74 »

How do you know it doesn’t work if you don’t have a deck? Tested it on someone else’s?
I hope they let you take them! :zipped:

Yeah, my friend had one.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Klopnis
Newbie ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024 @324.05 »

Just yesterday I managed to fix my Sony Walkman FX-121. It sounded dreadful when I first bought it, and only a little better when I replaced the belt. Turns out that it was playing at the wrong speed! I took off the back (in hindsight, I probably didn’t need to do that), took a small, square-headed screwdriver, and listened to a tape as I turned the screwdriver until it sounded just right.

In terms of tapes themselves, I bought a bunch of oldies this week. Inspired by my renewed passion for Fallout following the release of the TV series, I bought an Ink Spots cassette, as well as an Unforgettable Fifties compilation and another compilation that calls itself the “Best Ever”—it’s got Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Peggy Lee, and others heralded as the “Kings and Queens of Cool”.

Before this week though, rather shockingly, I didn’t actually own any jazz tapes! It’s one of my favourite genres, but all of my tapes were of music released between the mid-‘70s and ‘90s. I guess that was what was current when tapes were popular?

bingus_baby
Full Member ⚓︎

Baby of the bingus...

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2024 @685.91 »

Been upping my game. I got a tape/radio player last year that was in GREAT condition. (Minus the broken radio antenna, but it's just a wire that can probably be fixed.) Only problem was that I don't care much for playing music from speakers, since I have... Unpopular taste in music! It also bothers me when others play loud music, so I try to extend that same courtesy in hope to set the standard ;v; But I finally got my summer job and could afford a portable player!!! Here's a pic of most my collection. (Minus a couple Christmas tapes packed away rn.) It's by Retrospekt, which tbh I never heard of until now! I took a chance since the player was cute, and so far it works great! Thought it seems that if held at the wrong angle it sounds muffled. Not sure if that's a portable problem, or a cp-81 problem.

Generally I'll buy any tapes I can manage to find by someone I like or ones that look cool. But I do favor the more electronic/synthy ones, since they sound unique on an analogue format. I'm gonna put lots of vocaloid songs on my blanks, as well as a few premade song mixes off YT that I've listened to for years! It'll be fun to figure out how to crossfade the songs nicely.

Fun fact, the Jimmy Buffet one is the wrong case. It's Coconut Telegraph inside there, I was foolish and didn't check before I bought it. But it's okay, I like Coconut Telegraph more than the album I thought I bought!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MP3 players!

Started by JackFrostBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 29
Views: 2489
Last post September 17, 2023 @497.97
by arsenicCatnip
Enough about mp3 players, do you have a portable mp4 VIDEO player!?

Started by JackFrostBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 11
Views: 1282
Last post March 23, 2023 @947.55
by CyberCat2000
Portable CD Players in 2023?

Started by WingsOfImaginationBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 10
Views: 1260
Last post February 11, 2023 @696.20
by BritKnee

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi