Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @75.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Positive pop culture role models from your childhood

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Positive pop culture role models from your childhood  (Read 483 times)
« on: January 13, 2023 @229.92 »

When you were growing up, who is someone from pop culture that you look back on as having the most positive impact on you?

For me, it's Uncle Phil (James Avery, The Fresh Price of Bel-Air). Big letters for a big man who helped raise me.

I grew up in the golden age of family sitcoms, but when I look back on them he's the only positive father figure who stands out. Danny Tanner (Bob Saget, Full House) was so bland that he barely existed except to deliver an exasperated face and a moral at the end. Tim Taylor (Tim Allen, Home Improvement) was a man-child and definitely not someone you should emulate. And Carl Winslow (Reginald VelJohnson, Family Matters (who also has the coolest name in the history of the world)) was definitely good hearted but had a huge temper and was out of line more often than not.

Uncle Phil was the GOAT. He could only ever be considered an antagonist in the typical sitcom dad way if you ignored that Will was an antihero. He stood in Will's way a lot, but it was always out of concern for him when he was making a mistake. Watching him mentor Will over the years, trying to steer him toward good choices and being there for him even when he messed up really stuck with me throughout my life. I'm actually giving myself The Feels by writing this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2023 @232.49 by MamboGator » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What is something about your childhood that you DON'T miss?

Started by Icey!Board ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 63
Views: 6955
Last post October 25, 2023 @775.30
by starbreaker
Roleplaying websites

Started by myryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 5
Views: 1141
Last post July 20, 2022 @958.28
by Swiftpaw
Popular genres or franchises that went past you/you never came around to

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 14
Views: 1517
Last post October 09, 2022 @828.48
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi