Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @175.86 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Any tips for suceeding in school, or useful academic websites?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any tips for suceeding in school, or useful academic websites?  (Read 618 times)
DoctorDizzy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I will become the god of this new world!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: doctordizzy
iMood: DoctorDizzyspin

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 26, 2023 @725.31 »

Hi!!

I'm in college right now, and it's going great. :smile:
I still find that I have trouble focusing on things and getting things done, though.I already uninstalled a lot of distracting apps, I blocked distracting websites using LeechBlock... But I still really struggle to focus and turn stuff in on time. :ohdear:

Does anyone have any tips for how to focus in school? Or alternatively, does anyone have any cool educational links? I would really love to see them! :cheesy:

I'd also love to hear about your school experiences! :omg:

I am lightning... The rain transformed!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023 @59.13 »

Honestly, I think the biggest thing is getting into the mood. Reminding myself that I actually like the thing I am studying. Making myself a coffee and preparing a clean and well lit work environment. Focusing on the "academia aesthetic" and how proud I'd be of myself for being a "scientist". Those mostly get me in the mood.

If not, I just promise myself to work on one thing for a few minutes only. Usually starting is the hardest part and continuing comes naturally.

It sounds like hippie "mindset" garbage, but it's true for me at least.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023 @760.10 »

I haven't personally read this, and I was out of University by the time I discovered the author, but I'm a big fan of Cal Newport. He's a Comp Sci professor at an American college (among other things), and he wrote a book called How to Win at College that might be of interest.
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2023 @880.38 »

Never be afraid to ask questions! Teachers love to see people showing interest. If you still don't understand a thing, as for an example!

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023 @528.03 »

I'd recommend not using any spell-checking while writing long texts (that's only useless distraction). And the right music. For me, that would be high-power Eurobeat to write faster. I'd say listening to long 3-hour-podcasts about a personal liked topic also helps to increase the attention span. And also take it easy. Whipping it through in 3 years versus easy time in 4 years with plenty of room for awesome activities aside studying, nah, which way do you prefer?

Also, learn how to deal with failures. They will happen, without a doubt, in school, in university, in business. Unfortuneatly no recipe for that. I race bicycles, so going forward is always the natural thing implanted in the mind, even after falling down. But that's just one of many sports to learn this important lesson about how to get up after a failure...
worldwidewar
Casual Poster ⚓︎

🖕💩 👽👎💩🖕 👽💯➡️💩

iMood: worldwidewar

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023 @755.69 »

Something I do that I never hear anyone recommend is listening to your own essays / papers with TTS. It personally helps me with knowing whether or not I sound too weird from a third person point of view.

\   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\       )\/\
                ||--WWW |
                ||     ||
DiamondPetals
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023 @68.97 »

Just out of curiosity since I'm not in school anymore, but can a program like Turnitin detect plagiarism when you have your work from ChatGPT?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 244
Views: 20891
Last post April 18, 2024 @791.28
by formadscience
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5442
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3355
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi