Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @795.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  What's a game you have never finished?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's a game you have never finished?  (Read 628 times)
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 23, 2023 @531.66 »

There's this game I've been playing called "Super Cane Magic ZERO", the story and concept are pretty much nonsensical but that's the point of it and I actually have fun playing it. The problem is that when I get to certain places, it crashes and doesn't let me proceed with the story. I have tried reinstalling it and everything but it seems hopeless, so I think I'll never be able to beat this game... :ohdear:

I'm curious to know If anyone else has had similar experiences, maybe not necessarily because of a bug, but because you didn't like that game or for any other reason.
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023 @537.84 »

Oh lots! Even as a kid, playing horse games on the PC that bugged out and had messed up graphics.

But to name more known and specific ones, I never finished Skyrim, and I never finished Fallout New Vegas either. I do insanely bad with just being dropped into a world to explore. It's not bad game design, it just doesn't work for me. I need a little guidance to get started and I don't have much fun exploring, I admit; my girlfriend can spend irl hours on Red Dead Redemption 2 (also never finished this..) just riding around doing nothing but riding and looking around, waiting to find stuff that she hasn't seen yet.

Meanwhile I never leave paths (only to shortcut), I love fast travel, and I only go places when I know that there are quests I can do. I am very to the point, efficient, wanna get stuff done and I get annoyed when I have to search around for stuff to do and all I get is being insta-killed by a dragon or quests for lvl 50. I have the talent to always immediately find the worst area to go to, end game, high level areas basically, right from the start in my noob armor. For the life of me I could not even find appropriate quests in Whiterun. 10 hours down the drain and I died by a dragon. And then I hadn't saved. Something in me just died lmao.

I manage Dragon Age, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher games etc just fine. But no Bethesda/Rockstar style games.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023 @569.81 »

there's been a number of games I never finished. usually because they were just too difficult for me, or I lost the energy or motivation.

Hylics 2
Why Am I Dead at Sea
Trauma Center
Trauma Center 2
Sonic Heroes(this was when I was like, 14. I was just very bad at the special stages ok :sad:)

I was never able to "finish" Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town because the game would break and not load the wedding cutscene, and I'm still sour about that.
phexe
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: phexe
iMood: phexe

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023 @624.93 »

I couldnt even begin to list them lol. I just suck so hard at finishing games, even the ones i really really want to finish i get distracted and eventually move on. One i know i want to go back to in the future tho is Half Life 2. Ive played the 1st and Alyx but for some reason i havnt finished Half Life 2 even tho ive started it like 4 times

bugfeli
Casual Poster

as above, so below!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: bugfelii
iMood: bufeli

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023 @731.46 »

subnautica,, the game itself isnt crazy hard, i just have a chronic fear of the ocean! i discovered i have submechanophobia and thalassophobia through this game (rather unpleasantly might i add). especially the giant ship submerged in water that's like your only landmark in the game! not only does the concept of a huge ship stuck in water freak me out, i have to actually swim inside it to progress the game (and there's huge sea monsters swarming around it)??? preposterous

really wish i could finish playing through, especially because i find the concept and the overall content of the game to be very interesting... but alas my fear of the ocean affects me even on land :,(

everything is ok!

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023 @70.87 »

Oh, so many.

The games that I love but never managed to finish and plan to beat one day are:
-Zelda, A Link to the Past
-Cavestory
-Banjo Tooie
-Planescape Torment

Must be more, but these are the ones that came to my mind atm.

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023 @338.33 »

I never finished Skyrim

I never finished it either.

My problem was that instead of being targeted in my actions like you, I wandered around waaaaaay too much and was more interested in collecting herbs and brewing potions. I've started the game like over 5 different times, usually with an orc or dark elf character. Every time, I stop playing for a while and forget what I'm supposed to do on the mainline story so I start over.

The most recent time, I actually got further than I ever had before. But I got to a swamp part that was jump-scaring me and stressing me out with the monsters (I'm a baby sometimes) so I kind of stopped playing for months. I was just saying the other day that I need to pick it back up again and finally finish the game.

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023 @646.86 »

Open world games aren't really for me so I left many of them unfinished. Most scandalous *loud gasp from the crowd* one might be The legend of Zelda: breath of the wild. I was kinda suffering through it already and then crossed paths with a thing that killed me in one shot. Shut down the console and never played it again lol.

And when I was a kid (maybe 6-7yo) the first game I COULD have finished was a puyo puyo one, for a sega console that I don't remember because I played it in an emulator hehe. I reached the last level, and I suddenly got scared that if I finished it I could never play it again!! Don't know how child me jumped to that logic, but I turned it off and the next time I had to start from the beginning, I was actually happy because it meant I could keep playing it. Might try to beat it one of these days just to spite little me  :dog:
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2023 @308.03 »

Frankly i've never been one to finish games... I believe i've not completed games more often than i've completed them! there are definitely some games i want to finish, like my current run of Disco Elysium, but i think i'm alright with not beating everything? Especially if i didn't enjoy the experience :P
YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2023 @881.63 »

The only games that I finish consistently are ones I get absolutely obsessed with... anything else I struggle to get even halfway done >.> I have tried and failed to finish multiple legend of zelda games, pokemon mystery dungeon games, and stuff like that... RPGs are the hardest to keep my focus in (aside from mainline Pokemon haha)

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2023 @566.15 »

So... there's this 3DS game that's based on the Cardfight!! Vanguard TCG that I've been itching to play when I recently bought a homebrewed 3DS bundled with one... but for some reason, I just... didn't bother to finish it anyways (mostly because the game is in japanese and I didn't know any better :drat:).

Other cases of this that I could think on the top of my head were some Wii games; specifically Warioware Smooth Moves (because of Jimmy P's stage, which had the annoying panda balancing microgame-thing), and Kirby's Epic Yarn (because me and my brother were off to fight a boss when all of the sudden one of its attacks crashed the whole software and it scared us :tnt:)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023 @567.67 by PainterFight » Logged

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2023 @533.16 »

There are indeed a LOT of games I've never gotten around to finishing...the first one that came to mind upon reading this question was EarthBound, I started playing it in August 2020, stopped playing in September 2020, and have hardly touched it since. Most of the time I forget I even have it, but there are those rare moments I remember and go "oh, maybe I should actually finish it". I remember that I'm stuck in Magicant!

I also haven't finished the following games, in order of what I can remember: All of the DS Pokemon games, Undertale, Deltarune chapter 2, Hypnospace Outlaw, Slayers X, etc.......It's probably easier for me to list all the games I HAVE completed!

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
akesi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2023 @127.37 »

I've played all the way up to the final area of Paper Mario twice, but never actually beat it. The first time, I never managed to beat the final boss. Years later, I was a bit intense about 100%ing games for a while, and right near the end I had finished making all the recipes (or so I thought), -- I only had 49/50 completion and had no idea which one I was missing. And so out of dread of trying all the recipes again, I put down the game and never went back, lmao.

I also never finished Skyrim, though I played for, like, 100 hours. I did like, everything else but the main quest. A big danger of open world games is that the end condition is often "you stop playing once you get bored" which for me makes me forget what was fun in the first place.
beating hearts bby

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2023 @588.45 »

a ton of games, but the first that comes to mind is ocarina of time. it's my favorite zelda game, but i suck at it lmao. the only zelda game i've ever beaten is phantom hourglass. love the series, i just suck at the puzzles!

also the first kingdom hearts, damn cerberus lol.  :dog:

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2023 @875.39 »

I still haven't finished Elden Ring or Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. My cat Smudge hates FromSoftware games. I'm always tense and paranoid while playing them, so he can't just chill in my lap when it's cool out the way he would when I'm playing FFXIV.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1702
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
What are you playing (or have finished)?

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 145
Views: 13450
Last post July 01, 2023 @725.98
by shevek
°˖ ✧-:game assets:・゚✧

Started by cinniBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 1
Views: 1849
Last post November 23, 2021 @816.09
by Neonriser

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi