Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @801.72
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 199.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  hello


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: hello  (Read 1343 times)
Myrmeform
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


improve your interplanetary funksmanship
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Spring, 12 Apr 2023 @867 » Toggle Font Embed

Hello! I am wert, they/she, 31. Nice to meet you :unite:. (i love all these smileys)
I've known about this forum for a while, but only recently decided to join since learning of the yw forum's imminent closure. It's not that I thought the ywforum was better, I just felt a bit overwhelmed at the time haha. I do like that there's more of a variety of things to talk about here.

I am an artist, I enjoy drawing animals and creatures and monsters and aliens. My art can be viewed on my website: Here! (there is some art that is not allowed by the rules and guidelines here, if the link is not allowed i will remove it)
My site is a bit plain at the moment, I'm pulled between wanting pages to be easily accessible and wanting to make something interesting haha. One day I hope to organize the art page a bit better but I work full time and am amazingly lazy the rest of the time. One day!

I love movies, but find it hard to just sit and watch a new one if I'm not in the right "mood", so I haven't seen many new ones. I really like horror and sci-fi, and generally enjoy older movies even if they're bad because I like getting a feel for the era. I'm sure a lot of big, new movies that I dislike now will have people feel that for them in 50 years.
I really really love music, I love all kinds of music, weird music, normal music, popular music, obscure music, old music, new music. Music is the best. Here are some random picks!
mule skinner blues by the fendermen
I only come out at night by susan
I got the... by Labi Siffre

I also love nature and animals, I love learning about them when I can. I'm currently obsessed with ants!! I need to put more work into my ant page on my site, I plan on putting pictures and info on all the ants I've personally met there. It's been a long winter where I live, and am so antsy about seeing ants again! I first started learning about them when I lived in socal. Do you know how many species of ants live in california? Nearly 300!! Do you know how many species of ants are found where I live now? Not even 30 :). BUT quantity isn't everything! I am thankful there even are ants at all for me to appreciate! (anting is so much easier in the desert though! hahaha)

anyway I think that's enough of that, thank you for reading!  :4u:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/klNBIkV.png
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 13 Apr 2023 @025 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi wert, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Oh ants are very cool! SimAnt is a game Id love to see remade in 4k  :tongue: Ants tried to invade my mums house recently but they seem to have given up! I love your ant-themed site, my internets not working atm, but I look forward to exploring it more (I can see half of your ant drawings  :omg: )

If you had a perfect ant-centric house, where would it be and what would it be like? Also Good older sc-fi recommendations are always welcome I love The Firth Element and Close Encounters  :eyes:

Also ooph, I do think the forum can be a lil overwhelming, I don't think ill be adding any more boards because of that, but I also like that we can keep things well organised here! Hope you enjoy your time  :4u:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3fwoggiecurious fish
Myrmeform
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


improve your interplanetary funksmanship
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 13 Apr 2023 @789 » Toggle Font Embed

I think Empires of the Undergrowth is a newish game like SimAnt. I've never played any ant games, unfortunately.

My apt is pretty ant-centric as it is haha, most of my walls are decorated with pictures of ants! BUT the ultimate ant dream house would definitely be like a hobbit hole, and each room would have a massive, naturalistic formicarium. Or maybe just a glass wall to see ants living naturally in the dirt.

I love Fifth Element and Close Encounters too, excellent picks. I can't think of any great ones off the top of my head, but here's Star Crystal from 1986

Thank you for the welcome!


Logged

https://i.imgur.com/klNBIkV.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe