Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @411.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☌ ∙ Melon's Laboratory
| | |-+  does the internet show up in your dreams?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: does the internet show up in your dreams?  (Read 815 times)
grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2024 @772.94 »

Haha yes it does! I have re-occuring dreams of going back to my childhood home (neutral and/or not not good dreams, mostly neutral). When I go to my childhood/teen bedroom, all my furniture and stuff it still there.

For context, a few years ago, we emptied the house because it was being bulldozed. Back then, there was indeed still furniture in my room. But mostly just like random crappy thrifted furniture I wasn't using, etc. But we spent some months going to the house, clearing it out. The rooms had not been used in like 8+ years, and the house was in bad shape, so it looked really trashed and dusty.

I had these dreams before this emptying of the house, but they def ramped up after we cleared the house.

Anyway, in my dreams, I am like, in my teen bedroom, and I still have most of the furniture there, even the furniture I took when I moved, and the furniture we took when we cleared the house, lol. I'm kinda grossed out by having to sleep there, but I get this bizarre feeling  of seeing it like....just the same as when I lived there, just really dusty and gross, like debris/grit on the floor, the bed sheets are manky, etc.

There's an old PC on my desk, and somehow the PC is still working, and I can access like, MSN for some reason, and I can poke around on websites and stuff that I used to be on. It's not exactly always clear what pages I am browsing, but I'm always like "wow I thought this site was dead" or "wow crazy how msn works on this pc!"

Just the other day I had this dream again, and this time I dreamt that when I logged into MSN, I saw an old classmate was online, lmao. I was like HOLD UP, HOW.

Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2024 @737.78 »

I've had dreams where I accidentally go viral on twitter before. I'm not even on twitter at all, I tried using it once for one week in 2018, decided I didn't like the UI and left. But I still have dreams where someone posts something about me to twitter and I wind up being a meme for a week.

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2024 @52.66 »

With how much I use the internet, computers, technology as a whole its shocking how little it shows up in my dreams! I may dream about something I saw online, but not the act of going online itself. I guess it kinda says something about how I use the internet, the act of using it brings me no reaction, rather it's what I see and do online that sticks with me. I have had dreams where I see falling Tetris blocks, though, back when I played Tetris 99 nonstop  :seal:

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2024 @166.91 »

Honestly, I've seen video games in my dreams a lot more.. usually the one I'm hyperfixating on at the moment. The most vivid one I remember is a Phoenix Wright themed one where they like crashed a car into a convention of some kind?? and like everyone there started chasing them??? it was weird

With how much I use the internet, computers, technology as a whole its shocking how little it shows up in my dreams! I may dream about something I saw online, but not the act of going online itself. I guess it kinda says something about how I use the internet, the act of using it brings me no reaction, rather it's what I see and do online that sticks with me. I have had dreams where I see falling Tetris blocks, though, back when I played Tetris 99 nonstop  :seal:

Well, theres no real fanfare for connecting now.. no dial up noises its just always on. I think the Tetris thing is a real medical condition though

new to oldnet be nice

cmdr_nova
Casual Poster ⚓︎

What the HECK

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

VaporWave Style !Joined 2024!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2024 @882.04 »

I had a dream just last night that someone finally gave me a job as a web developer and I left my grueling day job, and then my new job consisted of shifting code around and maintaining a website lol

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2024 @621.08 »

I've been playing a lot of CSGO lately (it helps me deal with anxiety/stress atm) and so a few of my dreams in the last week have either had disembodied sound affects from the game, or just images of me playing the game in my mind or actually being in the maps of the game and wandering around just looking at everything.

Last night was a weird one, entire dream had nothing to do with CSGO but then I heard the disembodied car horn SFX from Inferno's T Spawn area just overlaid ontop of my random dream sequences... was so weird xD 

candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2024 @785.93 »

I had a dream just last night that someone finally gave me a job as a web developer and I left my grueling day job, and then my new job consisted of shifting code around and maintaining a website lol

literally a dream job lol :D I wish I had that kinda job too, even if I wouldn't be super good at it..

The internet does show up in my dreams a little bit, like me playing minesweeper (i really like minesweeper) or talking to someone on discord and stuff, but overall its pretty boring

new to oldnet be nice

lianna
Casual Poster ⚓︎

unassuming rabbit

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2024 @899.61 »

I don't think I can recall ever having dreamt of the internet. I do tend to have very intense dreams, but they tend to be set in surreal distortions of the real world.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Is the future of the internet in the metaverse?

Started by sadnessBoard ☌ ∙ Melon's Laboratory

Replies: 33
Views: 5326
Last post August 11, 2024 @952.67
by Phoenix
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 20
Views: 9390
Last post October 17, 2024 @830.53
by ヤーナム
Gemini, an internet protocol

Started by m15oBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 16
Views: 4360
Last post April 19, 2024 @292.67
by arcus

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi