Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @324.93
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 676.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Moon Park
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Greetings & News
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ (Archive) Greetings
| | | |-+  Hello wonderful people of the internet


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Hello wonderful people of the internet  (Read 759 times)
velvetdrapes
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: velvet_lounge

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« on: Winter, 06 Jan 2024 @176 » Toggle Font Embed


I've always thought about posting on here, but never got the chance to and now I'm here

First and foremost I'm Velvet (You may also call me Luxe or Sunny. I go by 3 personas with different names and appearances, it's a long story)

20 years old and I use she/he/they pronouns

I haven't been on the indie web for very long, I always kept it in the backburner during 2021-2022 and only ever took it seriously in September 2023. I've always thought that I would rely on mainstream platforms like Twitter and Instagram to connect with others and show off what I could do, exposing myself to toxic behaviours that came from trying to be heard in a sea of people doing the same thing and not caring about anyone else. It makes me very sad and I was jaded for a long time because of it. It wasn't until I started making my own website and interacting with others doing the same thing did I start to fix my relationship with the internet did I start becoming a better person both online and offline.

It was so easy to feel like I didn't matter and to have to keep shouting in a platform where I didn't belong at all, nothing felt like, well me, I was confined to whatever internet tribe I was pushed onto. In a way, the Indie Web community saved my life. As dramatic as that sounds, it really did.

Sediments aside, I may or may not be too active on the forums. I'm not used to forums in general and may need some time until I start interacting with posts and other people. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day.

Logged





Heaven is the place where you feel complete
starbreaker
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: starbreaker
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 06 Jan 2024 @196 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome, even if you don't post much.

Logged

https://starbreaker.org/assets/buttons/starbreaker-88x31.avif

as all kingdoms fall, let my will be done on earth, and heaven be damned
OneMillionFurries
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Gettin silly with it
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
specimenThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 06 Jan 2024 @217 » Toggle Font Embed

Welcome welcome! I'm very glad that this community/movement could affect you so positively <3

Don't worry about not posting here frequently! I will often go weeks or months without posting, only coming back in little bursts of activity. There's no obligation to post if you don't feel like it <3

Logged

https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/bh%20ad.gif
https://onemillionfurries.com/graphics/misc/Robokyskateexplode.gif
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe