Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 11 Oct 2026 - @291.57
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 709.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :wizard: You can make anything on the web! :wizard: Guild Events: Weekly zine jam 16: Games
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Typing Games?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Typing Games?  (Read 6879 times)
Yaya
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Live Slow Die YoungWelcome Back !Joined 2024!
« on: Winter, 23 Jan 2024 @326 » Embed

Hi!!

I remember in elementary, middle, and high school, we were made to (as part of "computer class"). We used these programs/games there was one that was lion king themed and also mavis beacon. I think there was another too!

Have they made new typing games that follow a similar format? Do the old ones still work?

I'd honestly really like to improve typing as a skill but I benefit a lot from a format like the games from childhood.

Logged
s_redpine
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 23 Jan 2024 @465 » Toggle Font Embed

I went to school in England, and I remember there was a website that my teachers would use to help us learn touch typing. I'll see if I can find the link.

https://toybox.tools.bbc.co.uk/activities/id/activity-dance-mat-typing/exitGameUrl/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fguides%2Fz3c6tfr

This!! I remember utterly HATING this when I was younger. But looking at it now, I think it is wonderful for teaching kids how to type :-)

Logged

Sipping strawberry tea...beaming love into me...eternally........
Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 23 Jan 2024 @549 » Toggle Font Embed

My favourite typing game is Typing of the Dead, hands down! 



There was also a typing game for Initial D


Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
eote
Jr. Member
**
View Profile WWW


Do what you want forever!
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: litten

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 24 Jan 2024 @875 » Toggle Font Embed

I had a computer class when I was in elementary school and I very vividly remember this typing game where you play as a monkey who jumps up platforms with every letter you type. It's called Keyboard Climber :o)!

Logged

https://file.garden/ZxFCdiZD_A4ytdsm/smiles.gif
https://i.imgur.com/dpvcgnH.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/UmLabtf.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/BmX8wjj.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/4Npqao0.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/THfNQiy.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/pr3ClAC.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YCsvWGa.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/VNDQGBC.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/CifSY9E.png
xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


I wonder whats for DINNER
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 24 Jan 2024 @981 » Toggle Font Embed

Oooh! I love typing games! It's speed practice and fun at the same time  :transport:


In terms of the hit or miss world of edutainment games; I grew up with Type To Learn 3.



Functionally, it's your bog standard teaching software with some light game elements in the form of different modes of play. But the game really shined with its unique aesthetic which follows Father Time as he travels through time and space in a flying car. As such, there's also a bit of basic history sprinkled in! This was installed on my school's computers but I also still have my own copy which I got from a catalogue; back when those were still a thing  :ha:

My favourite typing game is Typing of the Dead, hands down! 

As for fun games, I have to agree with Cobra! The Typing of The Dead is really as good as it gets! Though, The Typing of The Dead: Overkill is also a strong follow up. You can even get mods easily on the Steam version which can replace the vocabulary!  It's really the most brilliant way one could make an on-rails shooter enjoyable on PC without the aid of some kind of gun accessory.

I've also got a few typing games that I haven't had a chance to play yet that look interesting! Backspace Bouken
, Epistory - Typing Chronicles and The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia.




Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe