Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @813.17 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 42/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Let's talk dream homes

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Let's talk dream homes  (Read 860 times)
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 04, 2023 @478.11 »

You know, the kind of place you would live in if money, space and time weren't a problem. Where would you live? How would your home look like? Would it have any kind of fun things you couldn't go without given the chance?  :dive: In this topic, the sky is not even the limit, so go bonkers!

Not too long ago I dreamt about a two-story house with a garden and pink walls.. I remember it had a room for each activity its owner was interested in - a reading nook, a toy gallery, a pet zone... I find the idea lovely.
Personally, I'd love to grab the reading nook and toy/trinket mini-museum idea from hers, and add a gamer room with a big screen and a comfy couch (or puffs!) for me and my buddies to play together... my fiancee and I are avid physical retro game collectors and it would be nice to have everything in one place, displayed in shelves along with "gamer merch"  :ozwomp:

I'd also personally love an artist studio, a personal space to create and make art. Not just digital art like I do nowadays, but also have all sorts of painty things, and clay, and maybe even an area dedicated to art pieces, both mine and from other artists... or maybv that could be a room of its own - a museum of art! And a toy museum, of course, some toys ARE art too :ozwomp:

Also, as a person who lives in a small apartment, my family and I always been fascinated by those huuuuge kitchens you see on USA sitcoms, the ones that have a huge table in case the whole family comes to have dinner and still enough space to walk around. I'd love to have that...

And, while I don't really have a green thumb, I'd love to have a garden where I could grow plants. Herbs for the kitchen, veggies, maybe a few fruit trees, and hanging plants, succulents, maybe even a few palmtrees or *gasp!* carnivorous plants!  :omg: I'd also love to have a few animals, like maybe a chicken or pigeon coop and a little cat corral because I know my fiance loves cats and he believes they could use some outside enrichment, but outdoor cats are a big problem for both the environment and cats themselves - I think a little fenced space, or a "catio" as they call them nowadays, with toys and places to climb and scratch would be both fun and safe for possible future pet cats  :smile:

So yeah, if you could have the living space of your dreams, what would it be like? What places would it have and for what purpose? How would you decorate it? I'd love to hear from you! Also do not mind if you see this post edited from time to time - I'll be adding more ideas as I come up with them!

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023 @540.39 »

my dream house would be SUPER COLOURFUL! all yellow and blue :3 and there would be a room just for chocobos! and an art studio and i would have a little nest in my bedroom. my bed would be in like a kinda cave in the room. then i'd have a big sort of pacing room like a hallway maybe with some stairs and things just to walk about in.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023 @590.08 »

Y'all can judge me, 'cause I know people usually want the opposite, but I'd want a studio (on the bigger side) apartment in a big city. I've always been an urban kid and ever since we moved from the city into the suburbs I miss that life terribly.

As far as dream-dreams go though, I'd also want it on the top of some high building. And, like, tall windows from floor to ceiling on at least one wall. For the gorgeous city view, of course. Especially at night, when everything is shiny  :ozwomp:

Also maybe high ceilings so that some parts (like the sleeping zone) could be technically two-story, you know how it is. I've always wanted to sleep high up and the summer camp bunk beds were simply not enough to satisfy that need before my adulthood. Also that doubles the space while still being cozy.

(Find a person who in every videogame with multiple living spaces allowed chooses the most cramped one. Big living spaces feel cold to me, like, on a vibe level! I dunno why!)

And, like, a walkable distance away from a subway station...

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023 @626.63 »

I'd want a small house in the woods that's easy to take care of, and has enough of a clearing to have a greenhouse and some solar panels. I'd want to focus on self-sufficiency but still be close enough to a town to get things I can't just grow at home.

Inside I'd want a modern rustic aesthetic, a good sized kitchen with a breakfast nook, and a cozy living space. There'd be the master bedroom that I'd share with a special someone and we'd each have our own office space too. my office space would have a daybed covered in cute pillows and plushies~

I would also want a "catio" so I can let my cat enjoy the outdoors without letting him ravage the bird population haha

basically something like these houses:

Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023 @632.37 »

The majority of my house would most certainly be green. The living room would have rich, reddish wood paneling with wall-to-wall green, shag carpeting and a nice green sofa that's enough for 3. Maybe even one with a floral pattern and a skirt! I'd also have one of those massive entertainment center things with a silver or black CRT in the middle and a bunch of different devices for playing video/music tapes, CDs, records, and whatever the hell else. Oh, and a nice green plant or two in round, ceramic, and golden yellow pots :O) maybe some nice crocheted afghans on the sofa as well. Why not.

The kitchen would have classic black and white checkered tile, reddish wood cabinets, black and shiny countertops, and a tiffany lamp hanging in the middle. Somewhere on the counter would be one of those metal frames with a fluorescent light in it that you put african violets into. It'd be made of brass... sort of like this. I love black with reddish wood because it kind of looks like black and orange... which I've come to love after watching Halloween so many times as a little kid.

Somewhere... there would be a music studio/room. One with a nice, old-school synth, a place for my guitars, a decent enough microphone to sing with, and... whatever the hell that thing was that the Beatles used to mix everything. It just looks fun to make the track fade in and out over and over again with those sliders. Oh, and the walls would be a somewhat moody teal with a shiny black leather couch somewhere against the wall for just hanging around. I'd probably have shelves with strangely carved jungle animals and dried plants so I have something to stare at, too.

I like being kind of compact, so uh... all of my books would either be there or the living room. Most of them would be Stephen King, books about plant keeping, and books about clay sculpting/flower pot making, and books about crochet afghans. Mostly from the 70s. My Nintendo systems would either be in the living room or bedroom. There's a lot more, but I'm sort of exhausting myself...

I jive a lot with what Tarraxahum wrote, by the way. My space would definitely be on the smaller or more modest side. And at the very least CLOSE to a big city like New York. Living in the suburbs is such a drag... typical teen/young adult sentence here, but I feel like I'm just here to grow old and die.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023 @815.14 »

i want to live in a house that looks like a spooky castle, and i'm talkin like, "90s themed restaurant" level of immersion. stained glass windows and stone walls and suits of armor on display. and the bedroom has to look like a dragon's cave :grin: as for the location, i would like to be in a quiet, more rural area within reasonable distance from a city.

also a huge bathroom. i'm not a fan of huge houses because a lot of house means a lot of housework, but the bathroom needs to be big. i've always wanted a bathroom with a standing shower stall, with multiple showerheads, and also a big deep soaking tub with jacuzzi jets! and a bidet!

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023 @785.07 »

I actually thought about this the other day, and I think I know what my dream house would be.

So I have family in a small village in the middle of nowhere in Italy, in a region that Italians like to joke that it doesn't exist. (Similar to Shetland in Scotland or Wyoming in the US)

It's literally miles away from the nearest town, and is very peacful, everyone knows each-other, and crime is so low, people leave their front doors open, and people only ever die of old age, so they don't even bother with autopsies.

I'm getting side-tracked. There are houses in this village that's even several minutes away from the nearest house, and are generally huge. I would love to live in a house like that there one day!

As for the house itself, a room to store all of the films, games and music is a given. I'd love to have something like what this guy has.

Or just something like this:

I'd also love to have a room made to be as authentically 90s as possible. Have a CRT in there, a VCR, maybe a Laserdisc player, and a games console or two. A Windows 98 desktop in the corner somewhere as well, connected to the internet via the Old Net Proxy. Basically a time capsule.

I'd also like a space dedicated to tinkering with stuff, fixing electronics, or making robots!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023 @818.01 »

My dream house would be a cabin waaaay out in the woods, on the inside though it would look more modern. I would have a sound studio and recording booth (in the same room). I would have a cozy but sizeable bedroom filled with cozy nooks and pillows. My computer would be on a huge desk (I leave everything on my desk) in my bedroom. A room just for relaxing; it would have tea, a little pond and be basically a porch. Last but probably most important, a huge kitchen (I can't even fit 2 people in my current one) and at least 2 bathrooms!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023 @853.23 »

I think @levya is pretty close to my ideal house too! Its all about light and air and feeling secure and peaceful and inspired where you are. I suppose practically its good to be near services and shops so you can get resources when you need them!

Iv also lived in a lot of tourist towns, and one of the things I love is hearing happy people outside - it makes such a huge difference when you wake up every morning to laughter and life happening just below your window. Compared to the experience most people get in high-rise apartments, where its just silence and cars noises.. its a totally different experience. Feeling connected to the world but not being overwhelmed by it is really important!

I also wanna share this house! (If you've explored my site you might have seen this before) - its a super cool cave home - Id love a cozy cave house too!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023 @859.80 »

Right now the only thing I know for certain is that I'm using my computer as a tv basically, I'm gonna get a huge computer screen so I can just pirate movies n also play games on the couch :p! I have a friend who already does this with their family, its pretty cool and I think it has a lot of benefits compared to buying a TV so you can buy subscriptions  :ohdear:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023 @862.74 »

I'm gonna get a huge computer screen so I can just pirate movies
I would actually suggest getting a lil projector instead - for a computer you're much better off having a good hi-res but smaller screen that's ergonomic - but for movies, you don't need resolution at all, if you have a lil projector (like one of the Anker Nebula ones or even just a cheap amazon one) - it suddenly become like a whole movie watching party, and you can take it with you to friends houses! :omg:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023 @112.35 »

I would love a small, cute farm-house style house in a small town in Atlantic Canada! Think if Cabot Cove from Murder, She Wrote were in Nova Scotia and didn't have murder. Anyways, I want the small town life where everybody knows everyone and helps each other out and everyone's mostly friendly and there's a tonne of church potlucks and it's just a cozy, slower-paced life, but also rather close to a big city in case I need anything from there. Anyways, I'd like just a cozy, relatively small house that's still big enough for my hypothetical husband and I to raise kids in and is just generally a real homey home!

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023 @610.43 »

I will eventually build my dream home, a completely self-sufficient "tiny house" (with passive heating and cooling, light pipes, greywater recycling, a composting toilet, a methane digester, a mini windmill, and so on). It will be both practical and aesthetically beautiful (e.g.: handmade stained glass windows with geometric patterns).

Inside will be a well-organized office for reading, writing, drawing, and music-making (with a small instrument like a Yamaha PSS-A50).

On the surrounding plot of land I will do ecological+technological research. There will be a shed with a compact machine shop and chemistry lab. There will also be a forest garden with enough healthy food to sustain my future wife and I throughout the year. Any surplus will be shared with everyone in the vicinity.

...It really makes my heart happy to think about it. :loved:
Blondini

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2023 @111.23 »

my dream house would be a wooden cottage in the forests of New Zealand, i would want a great view of mountain ranges and to be far away from anyone else, by myself, one thing i have always wanted in my own house is a tree trunk going right though the living room, incorporating nature into my house is my dream, having overgrown trees and bushes all around my house would look so cool.   :unite:  :chef:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Dream quiz (updated!)

Started by KariusBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 12
Views: 2382
Last post April 24, 2022 @724.80
by Karius
Art based on my friends dream

Started by DojidaveBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 1
Views: 1177
Last post April 06, 2022 @976.28
by cinni
School and dreams

Started by ArtisTheFoxBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1889
Last post April 11, 2024 @170.87
by wygolvillage

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi