Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @721.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  Tarr's art

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tarr's art  (Read 1109 times)
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: March 25, 2023 @960.15 »

UPDATE 20.01.2024 - I am shortening this intro 'cause I annoy myself at how big it is lol

Strong girls and broken noses - or so I've been told my art is best described. A fair warning: Broken noses mean some blood visuals, but I don't draw gore, so don't worry. Just, uh, some strawberry jam here and there.

Anyway, since today is my birthday, I figured I might as well finally create an

~ART THREAD~

So, what do I have to show off? Well, first of all:

~ A general gallery of my own characters and fan art ~

Second of all: a comic that can be read on IT'S OWN WEBSITE and COMICFURY.

It also has ITS OWN gallery, in which I post art related to the story and its characters.

Thank you for your gracious attention, I may continue to drop the new arts and stuff here in this thread, if you'll have me <3

(and come read my psychological 'girl shonen' if that's up your alley - this is not a promo, I'm just looking for my readers, so it's a non-obligatory invitation) :4u:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024 @963.31 by tarraxahum » Logged

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023 @908.53 »

Ooph this is a super impressive post; I finally sat down to read the whole thing today and it's an amazing job! That's a huge amount of work! I love the world-building and the main character - I'd like to hear more about this city and its sectors, how it got split up this way, and the contrast between life in the different areas. Cultural contrast is always one of the most fun storytelling tools  :grin:

As for criticisms; its never good to be all positive - so I would say part 3 lost me a bit; there were too many characters for me so I found it hard to figure out who's who, ultimately I skimmed some of it looking for the main girl to come back - maybe consider cutting that chapter down.

It picked up again in part 4 though, and I was left very intrigued to know more about L's condition and what was happening with her; I hope she manages to have something proper to eat and a bath after all that!

There's room to improve, but it's definitely worth focusing on! I know this thread has not gotten a huge amount of attention; but don't be discouraged by that, there is so much compressed here!

On a vaguely related rift; I learned this week that human brains have shrunk about 20% in the last 10k years as we have become less violent, same with dogs and cows - apparently human domestication is a thing and it very much affects us - also a reduced sexual dimorphism is a trend of domestication - I'm not sure if that's useful, but since your story has themes around that it made me think of it!

Overall though, I can totally see this being a printed novel someday so I don't think you should rule that out :cheerR:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023 @990.98 »

Thank you @Melooon ! Don't worry, am definitely not getting discouraged - it felt good to put my stuff out there, and it's going to be here when it's someone else's turn to stumble upon it :3

Thanks for the critical comment also, it's always interesting and useful to learn how others percieve your stuff. I will say, I did have my suspicions that dropping the main character for a whole chapter when the story is just beginning is a bold move and may confuse people a bit. But at the same time I felt that I have to establish considerable stakes for the team's leader to change her mind after how the second part ended, and since the team overall is going to be just as much important as the MC going forward, I took a gamble, mixing the action (to establish the Arena) with expositional dialogue. Sort of like those books where the POV is changing every chapter!

I can see now that it didn't work out quite as smoothly as I'd hoped, so I'll think about it and definitely take it to heart when planning future chapters  :4u:

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023 @911.63 »

Am not gonna drop every single thing I draw in here, but... I really kinda wanted to share this one (which am not putting under spoiler for size, 'cause hey, art is the point of the thread) (I have remembered that 'recent posts' feature exists. Sorry everyone! Spoilered now!)

Dedicated to everyone who, like me, gets stuck in their own head a lot.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024 @963.90 by tarraxahum » Logged

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023 @75.69 »

Who wants some The Owl House Finale (SPOILERS) fanart  :ozwomp:

Spoiler
[close]

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023 @600.24 »

A nice occasion to remember that I have an art topic here:

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH :3

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024 @963.16 »

Ah, it's been a while since I made a post here, hasn't it? Well, let me boast some chosen new arts I've got since then!

So, some Baldur's Gate 3 fanart first (I was not immune to the BG3 hype!):

"featuring my Tav and Karlach"

[close]

Then this one Dragon Age Inquisition fanart (really love how it turned out still):

"with my Trevelyan and Sera"
[close]

A fanart for a webcomic Neo Automisia:

"big gif, may take a while to load"
[close]

And finally, of course, some of my OC gals:

"Lyoka in some bright colors"
[close]

"SWEAR WORD WARNING - Jo and Leah with some funky belt buckles"
[close]

"and Nia free running"
[close]

Much more stuff at my gallery and the PoF sibling of it, but those gotta be the heavy hitters (that I can show) :D Thank you for your attention  :4u:

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024 @100.89 »

WHEW BALDURS GATE 3 ART IVE HAD A RECENT FONDNESS OVER KARLACH IM GLAD TO SEE SOME ON THIS FINE DAY YES YES
(I was not immune to the BG3 hype!)
I haven't played it yet but I am strongly convinced to buy it once I see a sale  :ozwomp: How has it been? I JUST NOTICED THE dragon age art too, Also something I was considering playing oh dearr,,  :tnt: so many games so little time

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024 @873.88 »

How has it been?

YESSSS I think it's totally worth a try (especially if you get it on sale)!!! The gameplay has been a bit of a learning curve for me, since I wasn't familiar with previous games (became kinda easier after I played some actual D&D), and I gotta say at some points the world seems so large and the quests so plenty that I was straight up fearing the sheer scope of it all - but after I braved through that fear it was VERY fun :D

Karlach is my absolute sweetheart I love her SO much!!! Be warned, in case you're not too deep in spoilers, characters' stories in this game are veeeery good at pulling at your heartstrings (isn't that why we love RPGs though?). There's some critique to be had about some characters clearly getting more attention from the devs than others, but what is in there is damn good I'd say.

Dragon Age I've been a fan of since 2015 and honestly Baldur's Gate 3 is reminiscent of Dragon Age: Origins in some of the best ways (the camp scenes and a non-voiced protagonist with a vast selection of dialogue options, at times unhinged, being the main ones), so I'd like, definitely recommend that series too, whenever you have time to start a new game! DAO feels quite dated by now, of course, but it still has its major charm. (Although I personally am a big fan of DA:I, which is. An unpopular opinion to have in this fandom, but I don't care x) )

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2024 @500.66 »

Rewatched Kill la Kill, which used to be my big fandom back in 2013-2014, got very nostalgic and drew a couple of fanarts.

One is just a warm up portrait kinda thingy of Ryuko

"When no ideas come - draw a floating head shot, such is the wisdom of life"
[close]

And the other one is actually a redraw! I used to have a roleplaying blog on Tumblr as Ryuko, and the main image at the desktop theme was this edgy kinda pic that I drew myself. A decade later I'm pretty sure I got much better at drawing edgy pics, so I just had to have a go at it again  :grin:

"If the character is a delinquent getting in constant fights it's not that much of a stretch to draw them smoking"
[close]

"And here's the ten-year-old original, in case anyone's interested :D"
[close]

I am not biased towards one singular character, what are you talking about

Melvian
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2024 @217.48 »

Absolutely phenomenal art. I'm endlessly marveling at how people can draw so perfectly like that.
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2024 @683.30 »

Absolutely phenomenal art. I'm endlessly marveling at how people can draw so perfectly like that.

You know, I've spent so many years looking at others' art with that same thought, that having it be said about mine short-circuited me a little bit. In a good way. Not fishing for more compliments in any way, just saying it's nice to get out of your own head sometimes.

So thank you! I'm flattered that this is your impression of my art! I wouldn't call it perfect, 'cause there are always ways to grow and I know I definitely have some, but I'm gonna relish in that a bit anyway :grin: I'd say that it's all hard work, but honestly for me it's more of a "It's all getting obsessed and various characters and drawing them so much you eventually improve"  :ok:

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2024 @779.42 »

oh my GOD i love your style!!!  :transport:  :transport:  :transport: seriously it's so fresh and adorable and you've got some amazing skills!

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024 @536.17 »

oh my GOD i love your style!!!  :transport:  :transport:  :transport: seriously it's so fresh and adorable and you've got some amazing skills!

Oh, how have I not replied to this? Thank you so much! <3 :ozwomp:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's Artworks

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 3268
Last post June 13, 2023 @143.22
by xandra
‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ urgonic's awesome artworks ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙

Started by sansBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 2
Views: 1795
Last post December 29, 2021 @506.89
by xandra
sleepyXTRA - Inside The Mind of The Lo-Fi Artist - released FREE!

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 0
Views: 1192
Last post January 21, 2022 @429.43
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi