Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @49.12 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 84/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What helped you code html/css easy?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What helped you code html/css easy?  (Read 1304 times)
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023 @738.48 »

Well, nothing is going to be easy at the beginning! A method I use whenever I want to learn something new is to set some short of goal and then try to cut that goal into smaller ones. Completing these smaller goals step by step will ultimately lead to the completion of the entire goal. For instance, when I decided that I wanted to make a site as a project, I identified each step I had to make in order to form that site, starting from the simplest to more and more obscure stuff down the line.

For what you have in mind, I suggest you look up at examples either for inspiration or practice. If you really like how something looks, try to re-create it yourself. You may copy+paste code to see how it works and re-create it as many times as you want- it's all part of the process. Once you understand how it works, then you will be able to alter it to your own liking and ultimately make it yours. When you run into problems, do separate research into them. Look into guides or ask around. Who knows, maybe you'll learn about something that could help you overcome other similar hurdles! Of course, it will take some time and practice until you get used to coding certain stuff, but you'll get there!

Also, I suggest you focus on how CSS works on the matter of panels, headers and footers. It's very important to layouts, both visually and functionally. :]
Hope I could help. Happy coding. :4u:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
vvinrg
Jr. Member ⚓︎

It's mine! My text! You can't have it!! Bwahaha!!!

StatusCafe: winrg
iMood: winrg
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2023 @955.25 »

A lot of webdev, and really programming in general, isn't knowing everything, but just having a good mental model of it. The MDN Web Docs list like, everything, that can happen in a web browser. Ultimately, courses are only good for getting your footing. Most skilled developers keep the documentation handy, and get good at searching it. You don't need to remember exactly how everything works, because there's a 3-sentence explanation a few clicks away most of the time. All you need to do is remember the general shape of things, and go from there. It's fine if you don't remember all the border modes, you can look it up. It's fine if you don't remember how the various word wrapping modes work, you can look it up. The most important thing to learn is where to find stuff, and how. Google(or DuckDuckGo and friends) your problems, search the MDN, and make Cool Stuff.

Ultimately, the most important thing to do is to just keep going. Like any skill, you can only get better at this with practice. Always challenge yourself, you'll learn faster. It doesn't get easy until it's been hard for a while, but at a certain point you just get fast, and you won't even need to think about half the stuff you do now. Good Luck.
lars
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023 @152.56 »

i know it's not the most super helpful thing, but it was genuinely practicing on projects that forced me to get out of my comfort zone and start learning. i never really retained what i read in a book, and trust me when i say i've looked up the most basic tags a million times before remembering them - but now i pretty much just bang it all out a the speed of light. it took quite a ways to get here though... i still find myself googling solutions to my problems and there's no shame in that! you might find a method you've never heard of before.

think of an idea and get a really solid visual for the project. draw out a markup if you need to. and then try no to waiver too far from it, even if it seems REALLY hard to achieve. look up "how to do x" or "best way to do y" as you go and consider the many options presented. don't be afraid to re-work something when you find a better way to do it. you'd be surprised what you can get with just some html/css and an open mind!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Deltarune Chapter 2 and The Goner Code

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 2557
Last post December 03, 2021 @256.40
by DoctorScreech
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3226
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
What do you use to code websites?

Started by neoratzBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 62
Views: 5332
Last post October 29, 2023 @752.06
by wetnoodle

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi