Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @561.99 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 57/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  hi melonland forum!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi melonland forum!  (Read 548 times)
LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 20, 2023 @775.51 »

How are you all? Here's a daily question. What is a movie you haven't watched in a while?? I'd have to say I haven't watched the Tinker Bell movies since I was 5! I've been meaning to watch that and The Little Mermaid: Ariel's beginning since these movies were my favorite when I was a lil foal.
gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023 @952.63 »

This reminds me I didn't see a bunch of disney movies, I've been meaning to though, just binge some classic disney movies and fill that gap in my cultural awareness. I'm not sure what the rationale is, my parents were fairly conservative/religious but they didn't censor anything I ended up reading/watching, we mainly just watched whatever was on public broadcast, I don't remember there being a mickey mouse ban. The only disney movie I watched as a kid was Cinderella while over at a friend's house and I don't remember it very well, I remember the mice, and the bubbles, and being jealous of Cinderella, but other than that not much : P

In terms of a movie I haven't watched in a while, I'd have to say Andrei Rublev. It's a movie based on this largely fictional life of a Russian icon painter, and it is this gorgeous meditation on the nature of artistic creativity caught between powerful forces, religious, cultural, personal, and is at least in a very oblique way a commentary on being an artist in the Soviet Union (the film was of course censored and for a while banned). I watched it a while ago and it just blew me away, floored me, and for a while I considered it my favorite movie, it still might be, it's just that it is over three hours long and I rarely have a 3 hour chunk of time to just watch a movie ;m;
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023 @33.19 »

I think the only Disney movie I watched growing up (other than when they'd put random movies on at school at the end of the year) was The Lion King. So I missed the Disney train for the most part. I did end up watching a good chunk of them later while I was in college though.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about Star Trek since we've had a lot of sci-fi discussion in the household lately and I kind of want to watch the 4th movie again. It's just such a good time.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2023 @34.88 by dr3amland » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023 @60.36 »

Hmmm, when I was like 12 I was SUPER into drama's.. Im not really sure why; it was a weird time when I was moving around a lot and DVDs were super expensive, so when I found a movie I was into Id just watch it over and over - Im not sure how well it's aged but I remember being really into Chocolat (2000) which was about a mysterious lady opening a chocolate shop in a prudish town in rural France in the 50s.

As far as Disney movies go; I think it's about time I rewatched Atlantis (2001); it seemed so cool at the time  :ozwomp:

Andrei Rublev. It's a movie based on this largely fictional life of a Russian icon painter
I haven't seen this one but omg Tarkovsky; Stalker (1979) was one of my favourite films growing up (movie buff parents) - its another id love to rewatch now as an adult!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023 @66.45 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Badgersaurus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Punk-Rock Mustelizard from Beyond the Stars

iMood: Badgersaurus

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023 @76.97 »

Hm.. I'm not really into Disney or theatrical animation in general (short experimental animation and TV cartoons are much more my thing), but I would like to watch Atlantis too, for some reason. It looks fun.
Also I keep meaning to watch all of Cartoon Saloon's stuff but haven't gotten around to it yet.

In terms of the actual topic-movies I haven't seen in a while-it has been a bit since I last saw Waiting for Guffman or This Is Spinal Tap. I really like Christopher Guest's mockumentaries, especially Best In Show, which I rewatched while on a plane some time ago. They're just the perfect kind of dry, absurd humour for me.

Rock n' Roll High-School...er
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023 @89.54 »

The NeverEnding Story is certainly one I haven't seen in a while. I have vague memories of being in my room at night watching it on my silver CRT and occasionally glancing at my dark, open closet while wondering if that combined with the odd looking puppets on my screen should've been making me feel unnerved. Truthfully, that.. is all I can remember of that movie.

..And since @dr3amland mentioned Star Trek 4-- I haven't seen it and I don't have a tape of it yet, but the idea of the TOS crew being thrown into the world of 1980s America suits me way too well to not watch it eventually. That is a joy I have a remarkably deep need to experience.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
gridbug
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023 @704.04 »

Hmmm, when I was like 12 I was SUPER into drama's.. Im not really sure why; it was a weird time when I was moving around a lot and DVDs were super expensive, so when I found a movie I was into Id just watch it over and over - Im not sure how well it's aged but I remember being really into Chocolat (2000) which was about a mysterious lady opening a chocolate shop in a prudish town in rural France in the 50s.

As far as Disney movies go; I think it's about time I rewatched Atlantis (2001); it seemed so cool at the time  :ozwomp:
I haven't seen this one but omg Tarkovsky; Stalker (1979) was one of my favourite films growing up (movie buff parents) - its another id love to rewatch now as an adult!

It's super cool that your parents showed you Stalker, I'm surprised it was one of your favorite movies growing up, it doesn't seem like a movie kids would enjoy, I guess it depends on if you mean preteen or teenage years. To be fair I was...I don't remember 11, 12? when I first started getting into movies and I remember just loving 2001, the whole aesthetic was so cool to me even if it was a bit of a slow burn (it still is it's a gorgeous film), or A Clockwork Orange for that matter (probably not a movie I was ready to see then but I still loved it), so I can imagine Stalker grabbing a yonug person's imagination in the same way  :cheesy:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 244
Views: 20870
Last post April 18, 2024 @791.28
by formadscience
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5437
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3350
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi