Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @644.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  AWFUL Games

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: AWFUL Games  (Read 2066 times)
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« on: April 28, 2023 @665.91 »

This topic is for sharing knowledge relating to the most horrendous and crummy pieces of garbage that were ever unleashed (or planned to be unleashed) onto this sorry earth by the video game industry.

I won't be sharing my knowledge right away, but I'd like to start this thread now so others can do so while I write an essay of my own on this clearly important matter..

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023 @745.47 »

Twitter, it may have some good content but if you are not careful you can easily ruin your day by looking at some of the pessimistic tweets.

:ozwomp: my beloved

Nullcasting
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Great2BeHeretm

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023 @747.81 »

Balan wonderworld crashed so bad mid-twitch stream that it broke windows file explorer and i had to completely restart and update my computer.
that game had so much potential in the concept phase... what did they do  :sad:

:pc: Null Casting, She/They :pc:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023 @791.44 »

Probably any new call of duty game or EA game with the balance breaking microtransactions.

It's bascially pay-to-win and seeing what call of duty is doing right now with modern warfare 2. EA doesn't actually seem that bad.

I mean, MW2 caters to campers and if you try to please everyone you'll end up pleasing no one.

I quit that game along with a million other players.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023 @792.18 »

I just have to immediately think of that ET Atari game. So bad, it was literally unleashed INTO the earth (soil) :grin:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023 @922.42 »

Sims 4 is TRASH compared to Sims 3! Just ditched and deleted all my sims 4 files to replace it with sims 3 and im much happier with the expansion packs and customization in that game . I’ll write more on this later, there’s so much to discuss  :ozwomp:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023 @934.97 »

Ohhh man there's a lot.

Think the biggest one on my mind right now has to be Postal 3.
Now those who are not familiar with Postal or it's infamy: 1st game had you go postal and shoot up a bunch of people, it was dark and controversial and got the postal service pissed off about it's name. Postal 2 meanwhile, was filled to the absolute brim with the most offensive, raunchiest things you can imagine. Pissing on offensive stereotypes of all sorts while smoking crack, that kind've thing. All made by some crazy guys from Arizona, Running With Scissors.

Postal 3 was supposed to be a followup to Postal 2. But it wasn't made by a bunch of crazy Arizonians, no, this time it was made by a Russian team called Trashmasters and published by Akella.

Development on this happened right as the economy in Russia went topsy turvsey. So they... fired the A team they had working on the game and put the B team on. Then the C team. then the D team. Which, for the sake of this post, I implore one to imagine it being a poor underpaid janitor and that homeless person down the street.

It was... bad. Really, really bad. The game is notoriously crashy and even those who enjoyed the humor of Postal 2 couldnt find anything funny in Postal 3. It was bad enough that Running With Scissors quite literally disowned Postal 3 and dismissed it as being noncanon.

Matt McMuscles has a good video breaking down the horrendous development of Postal 3 here:

Civvie 11, meanwhile, has a good breakdown over playing the game here:

Be warned of all the horrible, offensive jokes involving stereotypes and sex jokes in the game proper.
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023 @938.97 »

Sims 4 is TRASH compared to Sims 3! Just ditched and deleted all my sims 4 files to replace it with sims 3 and im much happier with the expansion packs and customization in that game . I’ll write more on this later, there’s so much to discuss 

This speaks to my SOUL. Honestly, I never realised how bad it was until I watched a youtube video critiquing the game and one line destroyed me. It was something to the effect of "They've convinced you to pay for weather."

Right then and there was when I realised just how down bad I was lol...
konamiesque
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Play the Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha duology

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023 @569.42 »

the akumajou dracula pachislot series for sure. even calling them games is too kind, they're just gambling machines with the castlevania ip tacked on for the sake of making money. those and the castlevania nfts have all but guaranteed that i will never spend a single cent on a konami game ever again.

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023 @858.24 »

Fnaf Security Breach, don't get me wrong I love the series but Security Breach is an unfinished, unfun mess. It reminds me of all the other modern mascot horror games (Poppy's playtime comes to mind)

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

lonelyjuly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

space, man

StatusCafe: lonelyjuly
iMood: lonelyjuly
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023 @681.28 »

It reminds me of all the other modern mascot horror games

Scrimbly Bimbly  :tongue:

I second this, though. All the newer "horror" games that's more geared towards children in the hopes of being a new mascot are bad, imo.

>"He who enters the arena is infinitely more honorable than he who watches from the stands"

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023 @779.25 »

Now imagine the game developers of a terrible game having studied psychology and know exactly how the average gamer's minds work. Then they put lootboxes and pay-to-win-mechanics in their game and because of them having hacked the less-concious gamers minds, they made them addicted to... questionable game design choices. A game stops being a game when it becomes a rip-off if you ask me.

So this scenario would be the most awful game I can imagine. Everything I played (only up to 2010 like) is harmless against the damage this modern kind of disgusting games have done to the public.

Else, my most awful game experience would be "Golden Age of Racing" on the PS2. Good grahpics and art faked over bad gameplay, unfortuneatly. Expectations were badly hurt...
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2023 @830.36 »

team called Trashmasters

What's in a name :chef:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2023 @741.31 »

Grand theft auto trilogy definitive edition, from what i've heard. is a buggy mess of a game and the models look like barbie dolls imo.

i've heard there was so many bugs that it was basically cyberpunk 2 at this point. i hate to sound like some dude who hates modern games and/or remasters but i honestly feel like the original versions of the trilogy series were better

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023 @339.03 »

There are so many bad games, but the only one I have a personal gripe with is the GBA version of James Pond Codename: RoboCod. You see, most versions of the title have a wider screen, so you can actually see what's going on in front of you whenever the knockoff mascot is running at light-speed (he is legitimately faster than most other mascot games of the time, including Sonic). Not the GBA, oh no, the GBA version is made for you to suffer. The overwhelming speed combined with the overly colorful graphics genuinely gives me a headache. Seriously, do not play this game if you have any form of epilepsy.

I used to play this game obsessively when I was 14 for no good reason on an emulator. I shouldn't even do that sort of thing since I'm epileptic myself. I hate it with a passion.

Remember to eat dessert <3
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4085
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1165
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1533
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi