Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @446.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  favorite anime?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: favorite anime?  (Read 3710 times)
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2023 @40.39 »

death note, saiki k, toilet bound hanako-kun and fruits basket.

oh my god, death note HAS to be one of my favorites, saiki k looks interesting though, might give it a watch at some point

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2023 @41.40 »

I don't watch a great deal of anime to be honest, but my favorite as a child was the Azumanga Daioh anime series!!

yooo azumanga daioh is my favorite too, has to be one of my top favorites, i should try to get back into it

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023 @44.48 »

I don't typically watch very much Japanese animation, but I know I can count on the animated adaptation of "The Laughing Salesman" from the 90s to temporarily throw me into a pit of existential dread. Everything goes awfully wrong in nearly every single episode I've seen of that one.. the message is very often "Any attempt to improve your life will lead to disaster. Don't even try".

the laughing salesman... never heard of it, i might give that a watch out of curiosity, is it any good? waiting to hear back from ya

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023 @45.59 »

Its a bit of a misc list but:

• Princess Tutu! Amazing story and a really fun deconstruction of fairy tales and the idea of storytelling. 'May those accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted glory.'
  • Entirely different genre, Log Horizon! I have a weakness for worldbuilding and people building things, and the development of the local area in Log Horizon is right up my alley. Also, MMO stuff! Fun!
  • I don't know a single person who watched this, but: Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise. It has a real understanding of what actual pick up groups in games are like, and the character dynamics are very fun to watch. Plus, again, they got me with that world building! I'm weak to it. Not a perfect show, but deserves a lot more love.
  • Nichijou! Probably the funniest show I've ever watched, and the animation is incredible hahaha!

oh my god nichijou, i've seen episodes of that and they are LEGENDARY, i gotta get back into it.. it was so good and was probably my favorite anime for a while too alongside azumanga daioh

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023 @46.69 »

Sailor Moon, Serial Experiments: Lain, Deathnote and Initial D!!!

yooo no way!! another sailor moon fan is here, we even have both sailor moon profile pictures too it seems (i have one as of writing this), usagi tsukino is a BOSS in that anime when she turns into sailor moon (imo)

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2023 @75.42 »

yooo no way!! another sailor moon fan is here, we even have both sailor moon profile pictures too it seems (i have one as of writing this), usagi tsukino is a BOSS in that anime when she turns into sailor moon (imo)

Oh that's awesome!!! I love yours! She is one of my favourite anime characters ever  :cheesy:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2023 @160.75 »

Oh that's awesome!!! I love yours! She is one of my favourite anime characters ever  :cheesy:

SAMEE!! she's probably one of my top #1 favorites out of all of the others i liked, her design is amazing aswell, god if i were to meet her in real life i would scream in excitement

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2023 @645.21 »

• Slayers Try: it starts out fairly light-hearted, but gets serious toward the end and is the first Slayers series where every episode ties into the overarching plot
  • Saiyuki: an edgy adaptation ofJourney to the West; this version's monk drinks, smokes, and banishes demons with a revolver. The second season has them facing gods who knew them in previous incarnations.
  • Vampire Hunter D: Castlevania on Netflix ain't shit compared to the OG.
  • RahXephon: It seems like a NGE knock-off, but I liked the emphasis on music and the references to Churchward and Mu. The Mayan imagery was also a novelty.
  • Berserk: The anime adapations I've seen only seem to cover the Golden Age arc, but who doesn't like a good tragedy?
  • Outlaw Star: just a bunch of space cowboys, with a captain who has to worry about barfing all over the console
  • Godzilla: Singular Point: lots of cyberpunk goodness and crunchy quantum shenanigans, with the big guy more of a symptom than the real problem. Opening theme is a banger, and MD5 hashing is a major plot point.
  • Ooku: The Inner Chambers: come for the femdom vibes, stay for the alt-history romance and palace intrigue
  • My Happy Marriage: a Cinderella-type story without a fairy godmother, where the main couple earn their happy ending
  • Violet Evergarden: a traumatized child soldier turned cyborg learns how to be human again the hard way
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: still my favorite cyberpunk anime, better than Lain in my opinion and more relevant as a way of explaining today's world, particularly the advent of stochastic terrorism
  • Golgo-13: assassinations galore, done with style, and the opening theme is another banger.
  • Bastard!! ~Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy~: It's all about sex, violence, and rock 'n roll. Pure adolescent wish-fulfillment fantasy with a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon vibe. Though if my mother saw me watching this as a kid she'd have had a shit hemorrhage. (There was a comparatively tame shower scene in Robotech that resulted in her having kittens.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023 @654.99 by starbreaker » Logged

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2023 @190.29 »

• Slayers Try: it starts out fairly light-hearted, but gets serious toward the end and is the first Slayers series where every episode ties into the overarching plot
  • Saiyuki: an edgy adaptation ofJourney to the West; this version's monk drinks, smokes, and banishes demons with a revolver. The second season has them facing gods who knew them in previous incarnations.
  • Vampire Hunter D: Castlevania on Netflix ain't shit compared to the OG.
  • RahXephon: It seems like a NGE knock-off, but I liked the emphasis on music and the references to Churchward and Mu. The Mayan imagery was also a novelty.
  • Berserk: The anime adapations I've seen only seem to cover the Golden Age arc, but who doesn't like a good tragedy?
  • Outlaw Star: just a bunch of space cowboys, with a captain who has to worry about barfing all over the console
  • Godzilla: Singular Point: lots of cyberpunk goodness and crunchy quantum shenanigans, with the big guy more of a symptom than the real problem. Opening theme is a banger, and MD5 hashing is a major plot point.
  • Ooku: The Inner Chambers: come for the femdom vibes, stay for the alt-history romance and palace intrigue
  • My Happy Marriage: a Cinderella-type story without a fairy godmother, where the main couple earn their happy ending
  • Violet Evergarden: a traumatized child soldier turned cyborg learns how to be human again the hard way
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: still my favorite cyberpunk anime, better than Lain in my opinion and more relevant as a way of explaining today's world, particularly the advent of stochastic terrorism
  • Golgo-13: assassinations galore, done with style, and the opening theme is another banger.
  • Bastard!! ~Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy~: It's all about sex, violence, and rock 'n roll. Pure adolescent wish-fulfillment fantasy with a 1980s Saturday morning cartoon vibe. Though if my mother saw me watching this as a kid she'd have had a shit hemorrhage. (There was a comparatively tame shower scene in Robotech that resulted in her having kittens.)

damn, outlaw star sounds cool actually, same with vampire hunter and such, i should look into some of those!

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2023 @738.06 »

damn, outlaw star sounds cool actually, same with vampire hunter and such, i should look into some of those!

I forgot to mention Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. It's a sci-fi adaptation of the Alexandre Dumas classic that is mostly faithful to the source material (aside from the far-future setting and giant mecha duels). Opening and closing themes are by Jean-Jacques Burnel of THE STRANGLERS.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
spencer
Newbie ⚓︎

YIPPEE

StatusCafe: foggybear42
iMood: foggybear42

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2023 @917.99 »

i think i'd say that my favourite anime is soul eater, but some other favourites are saiki k and death note! also, fairytail was the first anime i ever watched and still holds a special place in my heart :4u:

orb
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023 @135.17 »

girls last tour is very silly... it is about two girls almost all alone in a post-nuclear war city and they just mess around

another favorite is kaiba (2008), its about bodies being able to be 'swapped' with memory chips, so basically they can change bodies anytime they want as long as they have a memory chip, and also the protagonist is trying to find a long lost lover across the universe..

both of these have very unique styles which, for me, is a huge deciding factor when watching anime (though not always, for example bocchi the rock is another one of my favorites and doesn't deviate much from the basic anime style, but still) i recommend them a lot
zawieja
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Call me Ren!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2023 @399.71 »

girls last tour is very silly... it is about two girls almost all alone in a post-nuclear war city and they just mess around

another favorite is kaiba (2008), its about bodies being able to be 'swapped' with memory chips, so basically they can change bodies anytime they want as long as they have a memory chip, and also the protagonist is trying to find a long lost lover across the universe..

both of these have very unique styles which, for me, is a huge deciding factor when watching anime (though not always, for example bocchi the rock is another one of my favorites and doesn't deviate much from the basic anime style, but still) i recommend them a lot

Kaiba has been on my watch list for a long time now - I've seen one episode of it because of one music piece I found and it looked very interesting for something not very popular. I'm just waiting for the mood for more bizzare anime to kick in  to watch it :ha:  (and one could argue that bocchi has unique art style at times - I don't think I recall many other anime throwing this many unique animation styles onto one character)

I used to watch a lot anime and it's nice to see a lot of the older ones I like in this topic! My favorite anime are usually rather "simple", I would include One Piece, Natsume Yuujinchou, Akatsuki no Yona and Gintama for the most part since they just make me happy whenever I rewatch them.

─── °∘❉∘° ───
Do I need virtual pets when I have so many gifs of my favorite original character?

─── °∘❉∘° ───
itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2023 @28.56 »

My top faves:
    • Lupin III. LOVE the humor, love the characters, very stupid and has a lot of mood whiplash.
    • Mob Psycho 100. Great animation, great story, love Shigeo and his growth as a character. My only gripe is I did get sorta lost during the parts when they started introducing like 50 side characters, it was hard for me to keep track of. :ohdear:

I also enjoyed:
    • Samurai Champloo.
    • Detective Conan. At least the amount I watched on Crunchyroll before it jumped ahead 500 episodes. I don't particularly care for the main arc though, I just enjoy the stand-alone mysteries.
    • Cowboy Bebop
    • Death Note
    • Nichijou
    • Galaxy Express 999

There's probably a few more I forgot.[/list]

Vroom vroom
    Commodorn
    Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
    « Reply #44 on: October 19, 2023 @877.75 »

the laughing salesman... never heard of it, i might give that a watch out of curiosity, is it any good? waiting to hear back from ya

Oh, hi! I think it's pretty good as something to watch one episode of every so often because of how bizarre it is, but this particular series isn't the most stable when it comes to availability for some reason. I haven't found much of an official means of watching it and it seems like whatever gets uploaded on YouTube doesn't stay up for long xO(

If you do find yourself able to watch it, I'd just be a bit careful not to get too absorbed into it or watch it when you're feeling unwell since the messages the stories send can be kind of.. questionable if your brain decides to take them too seriously. I'd describe it as a psychological horror/dark comedy that sort of plays out like unhinged propaganda at times.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
    Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
    « previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 15
    Views: 3172
    Last post April 27, 2024 @951.25
    by bliss
    [Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
    Views: 1653
    Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
    by cinni
    If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
    Views: 2997
    Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
    by Capybara

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
    Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi