Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @252.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  favorite anime?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: favorite anime?  (Read 3708 times)
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2023 @928.26 »

Detective Conan, Dragon Ball Z/Super, Shaman King, Sailor Moon/Crystal, Maid Sama, Ouran High School Host Club, Pokemon, & Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood. Though I prefer the manga to the anime on most of these.

Kala
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2023 @171.11 »

My favorite Anime is Monster (2004), adaptation of the manga by Naoki Urasawa! Its a drama mystery anime and its soo good. it has 74 episodes and i watched it all in 4 days because i was just so hooked  :cheesy:

KatKing
Casual Poster ⚓︎

One little spark is all it takes

View Profile WWW

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2023 @257.30 »

I dont watch much anime. alot of my friends are always looking for their next anime to watch, but i tend to just watch whatever looks interesting, sometimes its anime, sometimes its not.

I watched mob pyscho for the first time semi-recently, i really liked it but i had problems with the pacing... i really wished the episodes were longer. it always felt like an interesting premise was being set up but then a few minutes later its over with little room for exploration. Maybe its just cause i dont watch shows with short eps. I really like the art style and characters tho and even what we get of the story is good. just wish there was more.

Right now ive been watching Heidi Girl of Alps, a show released by ghibli back in the 70s. Its based off a book from the 1800s.I went in just watching it for inspiration from the pretty backgrounds, but im completely obsessed with it. Each episdoe keeps me wanting more. I really relate to show, having grown up out in the country without internet access. Its just so comfy and atmospheric while still being mature in its tone and interesting.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2023 @259.18 by KatKing » Logged

Make a little birdhouse in your soul
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

iMood: optimistic

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2024 @321.60 »

Post comments, about your favorite anime!!!

So I decided to make this thread all about anime mostly about the discussion of various shows and episodes. So when I get to it I might post comments about episodes of anime/ animated dramas or sitcoms I like. For now the thread is all yours dear reader!!! Post comments or what have you about your favorite characters or episodes from old or new anime.

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2024 @947.27 »

Is it my favourite? Probably not - there are anime to which I have a stronger relation, but I heavily recommend to check out the original "Legend of the Galactic Heroes" - the story is really well constructed, with multiple layers and twists, and the cast has a high variance and is quite interesting; good enough to overlook some of the - existent - problems the whole thing got.

Another hot recommendation is "Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju"; the story is good enough that I believe it could also work in another medium - a thing that can't be said for many anime, if you ask me :).

I'm also a big fan of good shonen; but I believe all of you people do know about Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter, JoJos bizarre Adventure, "Now and then, here and there", Akagi, Kaiji, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Welcome to the NHK. If not, I recommend you to check these :D. I also have a sore spot for Dragonball (with Z), but I know that this is purely fueled by nostalgia.

plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2024 @46.75 »

this is something i am deliberately pretentious about, but i'm obsessed with the ova gunbuster!!! in particular its science fiction themes in regards to time. i see few mecha anime that focus so much on the big-ness of space, so it's a refreshing addition. it also looks exactly what you'd expect an 80's anime to look like. simple, yet distinctive character designs, delicious lighting and color, and the mechs. oh my gosh the mechs. they're all so intimately designed and animated, as if the creators made full blueprints for each machine. it's only six episodes, and they're all pretty short. please watch gunbuster you will cry about lesbians.  :ozwomp:

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2024 @73.21 »

My Favorite anime right now is the witch and the beast, the story line is:

"The story is centered on Ashaf, a tall quietly spoken man and his partner, Guideau, who has the appearance of a girl, but whose masked and powerful alter ego is contained within a coffin strapped to Ashaf's back. They are tasked by the Order of Magical Resonance to bring rogue witches to account and they travel the country seeking a particular witch who poses as grave threat to society. "

I'm pretty caught up on the story right now I might have to post episode reviews later on of the show, but for right now I have to say the art is pretty and the animation is clean. It's pretty gothic in its appearance and the story line is really dark. That's what I like about the show.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024 @192.23 by SilentHope33 » Logged

"If Miracles Only Happen Once What Are They Called The Second Time?" - Ichigo Kurosaki
Fish
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Creator of the most ok cuppa joe

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2024 @341.70 »

My Favorite anime right now is the witch and the beast, the story line is:

"The story is centered on Ashaf, a tall quietly spoken man and his partner, Guideau, who has the appearance of a girl, but whose masked and powerful alter ego is contained within a coffin strapped to Ashaf's back. They are tasked by the Order of Magical Resonance to bring rogue witches to account and they travel the country seeking a particular witch who poses as grave threat to society. "

I'm pretty caught up on the story right now I might have to post episode reviews later on of the show, but for right now I have to say the art is pretty and the animation is clean. It's pretty gothic in its appearance and the story line is really dark. That's what I like about the show.

Yoooo, i got the manga on my wishlist rn, what a coincidence  :omg:  Glad to hear good things about it!

I'd definitely recommend Trigun, I mean just look at my current pfp lol. Awesome western anime that just really gets ya right in the heart. I'm working on a review for it rn for my own site!

Chainsaw man is pretty awesome too, although I was more into the reading the manga. Popee the Performer is also fun if you wanna go down a weird rabbithole after watching a weird show.

mahoroa
Jr. Member ⚓︎

shadow wizard money gang

View Profile WWW

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2024 @824.78 »

The first 3 seasons of Digimon will always be my favourites. I had so much fun watching them with my close friend, and I'm even gonna rewatch Tamers with my partner (when they eventually get to Tamers)

Other anime I love include: Azumanga Daioh (one of the first I watched, I have the entire manga on my shelf), FMAB (been a while since I read/watched it tho), Mob Psycho 100 (I didnt finish season 3 and forgot where I was so ig I'll just watch it from the beginning LOL)

Theres some anime that are important to me but lets be real. They suck and I wouldnt recommend them to ANYONE. First to come to mind is Elfen Lied. Absolutely trash anime, nothing redeeming about it IMO but Id be lying if I said Lucy wasnt an important character to me growing up. Its tough. I cant ever rewatch it bc its such a dumpster fire of a show but I did feel some kind of connection to Lucy and her struggles. :sad:

Anyways. I dont really watch much anime anymore. Maybe its just me growing up or maybe its because I struggle watching series alone. Oh well.

SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2024 @322.16 »

The first 3 seasons of Digimon will always be my favourites. I had so much fun watching them with my close friend, and I'm even gonna rewatch Tamers with my partner (when they eventually get to Tamers)

Other anime I love include: Azumanga Daioh (one of the first I watched, I have the entire manga on my shelf), FMAB (been a while since I read/watched it tho), Mob Psycho 100 (I didnt finish season 3 and forgot where I was so ig I'll just watch it from the beginning LOL)

Theres some anime that are important to me but lets be real. They suck and I wouldnt recommend them to ANYONE. First to come to mind is Elfen Lied. Absolutely trash anime, nothing redeeming about it IMO but Id be lying if I said Lucy wasnt an important character to me growing up. Its tough. I cant ever rewatch it bc its such a dumpster fire of a show but I did feel some kind of connection to Lucy and her struggles. :sad:

Anyways. I dont really watch much anime anymore. Maybe its just me growing up or maybe its because I struggle watching series alone. Oh well.

I don't think you grow out of anime, I think you get busy and lose time to stuff you enjoy. EVENTUALLY you will fall back in love with the medium, it just takes that certain type of show to do it!!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024 @280.05 by SilentHope33 » Logged

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2024 @2.86 »

My favorite anime would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and following immediately after - Kill la Kill (which sometimes raises eyebrows from people who only know it from screenshots and memes, but let me tell you, I've watched it for the plot and ten years later I still firmly maintain that said plot and the characters there are top notch, especially the leading ones). Also Black Lagoon. Also I've sorta-recently watched Canaan and that was a whole damn experience (which became clearer upon learning that it's based on a game).

I also watched Sailor Moon at, like, 20 y.o. (so later than most) and like. That one is deeper than I expected (serves me right for underestimating magical girls). Either that or I'm thinking too hard, which... where's the fun in NOT thinking too hard? :D

My first ever anime though was Speed Racer. A bold choice to start from a 60s work with a notoriously unhinged dub, but hey, I didn't choose it, it chose me. Still hold it dear to my heart for that very reason.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2024 @303.00 »

My favorite anime would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and following immediately after - Kill la Kill (which sometimes raises eyebrows from people who only know it from screenshots and memes, but let me tell you, I've watched it for the plot and ten years later I still firmly maintain that said plot and the characters there are top notch, especially the leading ones). Also Black Lagoon. Also I've sorta-recently watched Canaan and that was a whole damn experience (which became clearer upon learning that it's based on a game).

I also watched Sailor Moon at, like, 20 y.o. (so later than most) and like. That one is deeper than I expected (serves me right for underestimating magical girls). Either that or I'm thinking too hard, which... where's the fun in NOT thinking too hard? :D

My first ever anime though was Speed Racer. A bold choice to start from a 60s work with a notoriously unhinged dub, but hey, I didn't choose it, it chose me. Still hold it dear to my heart for that very reason.

When it comes to sailormoon I wouldn't say you came late to the party that you came at a good time, the show is a YA series and it's for 14 yr olds and older. As far as speed racer, that anime might have a trash dub but so does Naruto. The dub for Naruto has a special place in my heart for introducing me to the world of anime even if the dub is trash.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024 @305.37 by SilentHope33 » Logged

e-
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2024 @273.92 »

*backs away slowly*
SilentHope33

The current Hokage

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2024 @338.68 »

I recognize some of those anime but not all. I know one or two are Satoshi Kon works and another is something I watched as a teen.

e-
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2024 @816.50 »

I recognize some of those

Utina-classic fairytale but nothing goes the way it's supposed to.
perfect blue-the most accurate depiction of what it feels like to loose your sense of self,also it's just a perfectly directed thriller.
Paranoia agent-stream of consciousness filled with Satoshi Kons leftover ideas.
Lain-Everyone loves Lain. For me it's about the melancholy of working really hard on something and having no one to share it with.
higurashi-The show is essentially a cliff notes summary of the vn, which is my favorite work of fiction ever. Ppl think it's all shock value but it's incredibly wholesome under the surface.
 naru taru-Extremely disturbing do not watch if squeamish. Can't say why I like it without spoiling everything but there's a lot to chew on.
labyrinth labyrinthos- anthology film from the 80s, nobody takes animation that seriously anymore.
shiki-Shakespearean vampire drama. Underrated prbly because of its fugly character design, everything else about it's great tho.
Angels egg-Deamlike masterpiece about loosing faith.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 15
Views: 3172
Last post April 27, 2024 @951.25
by bliss
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1653
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
Views: 2997
Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
by Capybara

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi