Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @459.53 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 54/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Site mascots!

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Site mascots!  (Read 1429 times)
spiders
Casual Poster ⚓︎

jsut hanging out. name is Nico!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023 @46.67 »

ooooohohoh i love site mascots... in my site the main guys are (or were for a while) these two:

they're called Cent and Avo (centavo means cent. kind of redundant but WHATEVER) and they eat coins. lately they appear less but they're still pretty prominent.. they're gifypets on the about page, adoptables in the adopt page, appear in backgrounds and pictures.. theyre silly  :unite:

astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

outer wilds game of all time...

iMood: astraeusbleeds

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2023 @470.56 »

Honestly I just use two of my sonas haha, depending on what i want the mood of the site to be. you can see static (the one with a funky head) in the not_found page but i plan to add it in other pages too.

* me.png (54.32 kB, 1012x2100 - viewed 18 times.)

* pagedoll gif.gif (35.03 kB, 509x560 - viewed 15 times.)

"Is the hardest part of this tragedy not knowing who we may have lost? Or will the hardest part come later, when we learn?"
-- Outer Wilds, 2019
pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2023 @589.24 »

I never really planned to have a site mascot either. I was making a mock Microsoft Office 98 help window (like what Clippy is) and I needed a character to actually give the help. So I picked a photo of some lorikeet and fried the colours, to try and resemble the horrible photo quality from the 90s. :ohdear:

Maybe I fried them a bit too much... Lorikeets have these really pretty cyan highlights in their head feathers, but when the quality is reduced so much, that detail is lost and the head just looks really spotty. I might redo them later.

Anyways, he's called Bruce. I only have him on my home page, but I'll add him to more sooner or later. :ok:

drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023 @0.17 »

Oh! So many lovely characters!  :transport:

My site's index page is guarded by Gloopert, an alien goo creature...

But that's about it... When I was first designing the current iteration of my site, I planned to make him interactive. I might yet come back to that idea...

beating hearts bby

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2023 @611.53 »

this is a cool idea! i definitely want to try making a mascot for mine. probably something related to my username/index theme. i'm thinking of making a lego minifig for a mascot since i can't draw lol.  :ha:  i don't think i've got any parts that'll perfectly reflect the theme i wanna go for though.

myrrhdoll
Newbie ⚓︎

something's on your shoulder (it's me)

StatusCafe: telltaleheart

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2023 @606.52 »

I don't have the art skills to meet the standards I set for something so important like a website mascot. So I used pony.town to create my "mascot". It's actually more like an avatar. I wouldn't call it a mascot, so right now it's just a representation of me (somewhat). Its theme is very similar to my website, as if my website turned into an animal of some sort. I think it's pretty cute on its own.

Although personally, I think having a singular mascot is boring... Having multiple with each being "assigned" to an "area" of your website would be great but that takes a lot of effort. ...My perfectionism constantly gets ahold of me. Go big or go home

I'm always at home... my site doesn't even have a favicon...

<--- the little creature

~ the realest of them all... ~
do what you love!
e-
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2024 @13.39 »

Here's my og character sheet for moonkitty.

It's been many years but she's still one of my favorite designs I've come up with. I love her :3

MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎

{this personal text box intentionally left blank}

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2024 @29.20 »

When I was in high school I was in an intro coding class and one of our assignments was making a clickable image. I made mine so you could pet a dog by clicking the image. I don't know where I got the images or how I came up with the name Frosty, but Frosty is her name. I had the files laying around so I implemented them into my current website as a hidden page. It's currently accessible via the landing page, where you can click a missing poster for Frosty.

I also thought of making a little cartoon version of myself a mascot for the page, but that seems too meta  :ok:
Here's Frosty!

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
Biggus
Casual Poster

I love wigs <3

StatusCafe: taterinx
iMood: taterinx

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2024 @86.74 »

I have a little devil character that isn't really a devil, more just a projection of my body mod fantasies (my first decree once I become a millionaire is little stubby prosthetic horns) - but there's no depth to them as a character. Still, their design has stuck with me for the past few years, seems like I already have a little mascot.

But GOSH am I rusty at character design. Did growing up a little take away the sparkle?! Where'd this not-devil mascot of mine hail from? I dunno, but I've got a new job-related email in my inbox and now I'm all sweaty and nervous. But seeing people here are making globs and gloops and giving them names and loving them gives me strength. I'm obsessed with everyone's mascots here.

Last point, but talk of mascots and OCs remind me of those long Deviantart OC templates that give you every single detail to your character's physical appearance, history, and little philosophies. :omg:
Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2024 @669.73 »

it's actually having my own OC mascot IRL that pushed me to make a website so I went overboard with it and gave it life like some kind of frankenstein's monster. It's one of the most relieving and funny things I've ever done.
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2024 @588.37 »

I've considered having one at one point, and actually I was going to get a pagedoll for an on-line Secret Santa but sadly my Secret Santa couldn't finish it. I might just end up using a Picrew instead or something, based off my appearance, but I do woprry about having even a cartoon of my appearance available on-line for privacy reasons. But then I think I've posted Picrews on-line before, so is it that big a deal?

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2024 @597.43 »

I don't have a proper mascot really but my site's favicon features a black cat, and when I was making games with Pocket Platformer however-many-months-back, I usually made the player character a black cat named Chatnoir. So, I guess the black cat is about the closest thing I have!

Finel
Casual Poster ⚓︎

AY UP!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2024 @808.69 »

I don't have one yet but at one point I wanted to have this lil guy as a site mascot, I probably should redesign him first before I do anything with that :/

currently the closest thing I have is art with my likeness but hopefully one day it will be more abundant in mascot art

Finel ✡ - He/They
lina
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: pixalina

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2024 @609.87 »

yep!  :ozwomp:  my mascot is actually my avatar here, his name is caju and he's inspired in my pet bird

he is present in all my site pages and there's info about him on the home page. at the moment, the only possible interaction with him is to make him play a song... but i'm already considering adding other interactions like talking to him or making random requests  :ha:

It's tamaNOTchi! Click to feed!

i keep forgetting to feed my tamanotchi...
Misanthropic Monster™
Full Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

iMood: Misanthropic

View Profile WWW

bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2024 @824.06 »

I am a sucker for mascots and stuff - I've had/got a few that I use in places :D I plan on definitely using a mascot when I get around to making a Neocities site!

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1914
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5748
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4341
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi